* * * * * 1 votes

The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

#931 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I'll for sure see about pledging for the book, but no plans for the game unless something other than the PC is offered.

#932 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3368 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

Since Ballistic Publishing is MIA, here's your next best option to get an Oddworld art book.

https://www.kickstar...game-collection

Oddworld: Abe's Origin (covers Abe's Oddyee and Abe's Exoddus) correction: game bundle is for those 2 games, artwork will cover everything Oddworld (Abe, Munch, Stranger, Soulstorm)

You can also get a bundle that includes a PC big box release of the games (Limited Run Games is involved with this)

1f2a2cd24b8a2431bacefaef6b18e2fc_origina

#933 Thrakker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

I got an email that Bitmap Books' The Art of Point + Click Adventure Games will go up for preorder on April 2 7 AM BST. From the email:

The Standard Edition of the book will be shrink wrapped and be 460 pages long. It’s a hardback with fabric bookmark ribbons and a silver metallic logo on the cover. The pages are printed on a high-quality silk paper so the images will really ‘pop’ off the page. The Standard Edition is priced at £29.99.

We have created a Collector's Edition for those that are after something a little more special and collectable. For the Collector's Edition, the book will come housed within a DOS-style card box. The outer of the box features artwork by Paul Conway (The Darkside Detective). Inside is the book and a: Dial-A-Interview Code Wheel, USB Floppy Disk containing a PDF of the book, Grog Plastic Beer Coaster and a Magnetic Talkie Game. The whole box is then shrink wrapped. The Collector’s Edition is priced at £49.99 and is strictly limited to the pre-order period which ends as soon as the book is released in the late summer.

#934 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:51 PM

The PS Vita: Year One Unofficial Book has about 20+ hours left on Kickstarter for those who are interested.

https://www.kickstar...ook/description

#935 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3368 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:39 PM

I was going to skip this one, but in one of the updates he showed a completely revamped design that looks a lot nicer.

#936 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

I was going to skip this one, but in one of the updates he showed a completely revamped design that looks a lot nicer.

Yeah, he's been updating pretty regularly and using the advice given. This is so cheap compared to most of the publications I get thru KS, so he get's my funds by default on this one. LOL

#937 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

just wanted to update you guys on the third edition books kickstarter campaign, they just unlocked the Taro Yoko book early which is about NIER and Drakengard series. again these are not artbooks but in depth analysis books. no pictures, just literature. if you opt for the CE of the book you get a lithograph for each book you want as well. The Taro Yoko book is special because the foreword is written by Taro himself and he answered a lot of the authors questions through out the book.

they got 6 days left.

https://www.kickstar...n/posts/2149760

1b2c06e11ca1c2d2ef8c5c4f5134e533_origina

#938 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

That Yoko Taro book is awfully tempting, especially since the man himself is involved. (ETA: Backed, and getting the Zelda book as well for my husband.)

Here's a licensing announcement from Anime Boston that should interest people here:

I have the Japanese edition of this book and it's wonderful; it's a must-have if you're a Dragon Quest and/or Toriyama fan. Glad that it's being localized, and I hope Viz does a great job with it.

#939 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

The Art Of Point Of Point and Click Adventure Games is now up for pre-order over at Bitmap Books, with the Collector's Edition only being offered during the pre-order period(which is up until launch I believe). I'm sure the standard edition will be offered thru Amazon at some later date, so for those who want to get it on the cheap, that's probably a safe bet(as most Bitmap Books are offered there). Use code "POINTANDCLICK" at checkout, to receive a free set of postcards.

https://www.bitmapbo...adventure-games

#940 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3368 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:06 AM

The Neogeo and SNES books were never fulfilled by Amazon so no guarantees that this one will be

#941 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:48 AM

The Neogeo and SNES books were never fulfilled by Amazon so no guarantees that this one will be

Very true, but the Neogeo one kind of was a personal battle of sorts, as they listed it way early(at a super low price), and I think that pissed off Sam, so he made it a point to make sure they never got it. And I think the SNES one followed suit. So yeah, it's probably good to make this known, so potential buyers know they may not happen at Amazon. But these books also stay in print for a good while at Bitmap, so waiting to see what happens isn't really much of a risk either. As this book will probably be offered for a good long time.

#942 Thrakker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:28 AM

I just got their NES/SNES books a few weeks ago when the SNES came out and NES restocked, and they're really well done. I picked up the collector's edition of the Point and Click book today along with the Super Famicom box cover book. 

#943 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6220 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:12 AM

yea im upset that amazon didnt get them. it was cheap. dont wanna pay full price cause im a real CAG

#944 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:14 AM

I just got their NES/SNES books a few weeks ago when the SNES came out and NES restocked, and they're really well done. I picked up the collector's edition of the Point and Click book today along with the Super Famicom box cover book. 

Yeah, that P&C book is going to be amazing, I can't wait!

#945 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

https://www.amazon.c...PS0W4X04E93769H

Yoshitaka Amano: The Illustrated Biography Beyond the Fantasy Limited Edition (134.99 currently on Amazon)

It includes a individually signed and numbered card from Amano.

I dont think they will print a lot of these. I know that art of final fantasy book that he signed only printed a 1,000 copies. Darkhorse hasn't put up info on it yet.

#946 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

Via CAG Twitters:

Bought the original Japanese edition years ago. That said, looks like I'll have two copies soon! Normally, I wouldn't double-dip on such a thing, but there's a lot of text in these 25th Anniversary Ultimanias Ultimania Archives (and FFVII is my favorite game of all time) :razz:

#947 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

Via CAG Twitters:

https://twitter.com/...594555685810176

Bought the original Japanese edition years ago. That said, looks like I'll have two copies soon! Normally, I wouldn't double-dip on such a thing, but there's a lot of text in these 25th Anniversary Ultimanias Ultimania Archives (and FFVII is my favorite game of all time) :razz:

How is different from that big box set that came out a while ago? I was able to nab one of the signed ones as well as the slip case one to actually open.

#948 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:48 AM

How is different from that big box set that came out a while ago? I was able to nab one of the signed ones as well as the slip case one to actually open.

The 25th Anniversary Ultimanias/Ultimania Archives are more general artbooks than just collections of Amano art. There's a ton of concept drawings, Nomura character art, vehicle and background art/renderings, summon storyboards, and so on. This blog post has plenty of photos of Vol. 2; it should give you a good idea of the contents.

#949 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:42 AM

Forgot I preordered Volume 1. :lol:

Placed a preorder for this one too. But I hope the price drops to 20ish like that last one.

#950 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3368 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:45 PM

New artbook incoming for Breath of the Wild: https://www.amazon.c...[b|theinventory

51myzIA8dAL._SX377_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

#951 tonyvx  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

The book posted above just dropped to $23.99 pre-order price. It's the 4th in the Dark Horse Zelda series, so expect an expensive Limited Edition to go with it.

#952 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3035 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:59 AM

Preordered the second ultimania book and Breath of the Wild (even though I didn't like the game much). Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the Metal Gear and Mega Man books. I've already spent more on art books this year then I tend to spend on the games themselves. Wish the MGS book wasn't so expensive.

#953 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:23 AM

Preordered the second ultimania book and Breath of the Wild (even though I didn't like the game much). Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the Metal Gear and Mega Man books. I've already spent more on art books this year then I tend to spend on the games themselves. Wish the MGS book wasn't so expensive.

LOL, I feel ya, as I often spend more on books than games. Most games for me I only buy once $20 and under are reached, and only buy other options when limited are not around long. These books once out of print, often rise up pretty good, so most good publications are solid buys, at least for me personally.

Are you referring to the Art Of Metal Gear Solid 1-4? Yeah, that's the going rate for really nice quality books. But there are many in the 20-30 range that can be very good as well.

Here's a tip, that I don't think I've ever seen posted here before, so as soon as any books are announced, reserve them on Amazon ASAP. At some point during the pre-order period, prices always drop to some insane number, and if an item is reserved, you get that price locked each time. I have that Metal Gear book at $47.99, the Zelda Encyclopedia Deluxe is the same, as is the Super Mario Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition.

#954 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3035 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:47 AM

LOL, I feel ya, as I often spend more on books than games. Most games for me I only buy once $20 and under are reached, and only buy other options when limited are not around long. These books once out of print, often rise up pretty good, so most good publications are solid buys, at least for me personally.

Are you referring to the Art Of Metal Gear Solid 1-4? Yeah, that's the going rate for really nice quality books. But there are many in the 20-30 range that can be very good as well.

Here's a tip, that I don't think I've ever seen posted here before, so as soon as any books are announced, reserve them on Amazon ASAP. At some point during the pre-order period, prices always drop to some insane number, and if an item is reserved, you get that price locked each time. I have that Metal Gear book at $47.99, the Zelda Encyclopedia Deluxe is the same, as is the Super Mario Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition.

That's a good way to look at it, I guess some of them such as the Valkyria Chronicles Design Archive skyrocketed in value (it's a shame I didn't pick up that one when I had the chance). Yeah, I was referring to the MGS1-4 book. It's a shame I didn't hear about it until recently. Probably would have picked it up for that price.

Thanks for the tip. I just went with the standard versions of the Mario and Zelda encyclopedias, but preordered them right away so was able to get the price drop. I thought about getting that new Amano limited book (I don't normally go with limited editions), but hesitated and now that one is $25 or so more. Not sure yet about that one. Might just wait for a deal on the standard, but then I'd miss out on the Blu-ray.

#955 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11225 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:36 AM

I was looking at my book preorders on Amazon and I realize I have a good amount. Around 8 or so. :T 

:lol:

#956 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:55 AM

I was looking at my book preorders on Amazon and I realize I have a good amount. Around 8 or so. :T 

:lol:

LOL, I'm currently at 9 on Amazon, and that includes the Eyes Of Bayonetta 2 which I just ordered earlier this morning. One of those 9 is a standard version of a CE in that amount as well, but I'll cancel one before release, so technically I'm at 8 I guess.

I have a few KS/GoGo books in the fire currently(probably 4-5). I also have a few coming up like the Sega Master System Compendium in early July by Bitmap Books. I'll also be preordering their Point & Click art book as well in the next few weeks, before preorders close for the CE around the same time.

So I'm at 15-20 at any given time I suppose, as once I receive one, there's normally another one to be ordered ASAP. 

#957 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:12 AM

The Sega Master System: A Visual Compendium by Bitmap Books is live on Kickstarter. These books are beyond amazing, and I've been looking forward to this one for some time. The Master System certainly doesn't get the love it should, as it was a rather great system, with some killer games. Some of these books have been offered on Amazon, but Bitmap has been trying to keep their most recent offerings away from there, so no telling if this will ever be offered at better prices. 

For anyone who is a fan of these types of publications, do yourself a favor and buy direct. As it allows for the creators to make more money, and also allows for bigger and better future projects.

https://www.kickstar...&token=fcb5306b

#958 janesvilleninja   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

janesvilleninja

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

Art books at GameStop half off this week. Picked up the person 5 art book for 21.09

#959 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6521 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

The newest book from Darren Wall is up on KS, and it's a Sega Pop Up History Book of all things. His past books include the "Collected Works", which was first offered for the Mega Drive/Genesis, and was so popular it got a second print. The Dreamcast CW is on the way after having a killer KS campaign as well.

Of course all the "Early Bird" options are gone, as you have to be there when these go live, since the qty's are always so small. I'm always happy to support projects like this, so the discount while great, isn't the end of the world. https://www.kickstar...-pop-up-history

#960 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3368 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

Looks interesting, but it only has 5 pop-up models. I wonder if those are the only games that will be covered, or will there be normal pages discussing other Sega arcade games.