* * * * * 1 votes

The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

#1021 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6524 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

And the one I've been waiting for................Super Nintendo Anthology! Nuff' Said!

https://www.kickstar...=super nintendo

#1022 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3368 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:06 PM

Hell Yeah! I like the format of having a book dedicated to the hardware itself. That's better than the dedicated cover art books they've done in the past IMO.

Out of curiosity, which do you like better: Geeks-Line or Bitmap Books? I have all of Geeks-Line, but only the NES/Famicom slipcased from Bitmap. Is it worth getting both series?

#1023 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6524 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

Out of curiosity, which do you like better: Geeks-Line or Bitmap Books? I have all of Geeks-Line, but only the NES/Famicom slipcased from Bitmap. Is it worth getting both series?

Well, both are great, and I would say Bitmap Books has more offerings, as well as a more diverse line up. Geeks Line has had some French language books that have gotten translated, as well as some new offerings, but their books are all pretty much in the "anthology" style format(which isn't a problem, as it rocks).

Bitmap offered a NeoGeo book not long ago that was amazing, and would have fit well along side any of these anthology offerings. Their Point & Click book just shipped, so mine should be here within the week, and I can already tell that book will be amazing as well. Their compendiums make up the bulk of their offerings, but you already have one and should know what there like. If you like the Amiga or C64, those books are just as good as the NES/Famicom(or the SNES for that matter), give some of those a try as well, as all are great. A Sega Master System one is coming early next year, and I can't wait(the KS was posted here when it was offered).

It really comes down to personal preference, as both publishers offer amazing gaming books of the highest quality. I have received damages from both places, and while they always fix said issues with no big hoop jumping, I will say Bitmap is faster in this process. Bitmap uses DHL for international shipping, so as soon as I let Sam know I had an issue, his distro center sends a new order express each time, so within a few days I've got the replacement(from the UK). Geeks Line uses a distro center within the US(ships all books here by boat, and ships from here to save cost), so once they confirm the damage, the distro in the US will resend, but their never in a rush, so it may take a few weeks to get the replacement(normally FedEX ground).

Overall both are great, and it comes down to what content you might like. I have all of Geeks Line English offerings so far, but not all the Bitmap Books, as some are for systems or content I'm not interested in. I support both whenever possible, and both have books that are top pieces in my collection.

#1024 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11227 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:05 PM

https://www.amazon.c...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The Complete Art of Fullmetal Alchemist  34,99

#1025 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6524 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

BTW, Geeks-Line most recent offering, the Gamecube Anthology was just released recently, and they are offering the last few "Ultimate Editions" on their site. This edition was exclusive to the KS campaign, but they hold back stock for damages(or just didn't reach the LE number of 1000). Either way, this book will be gone soon, and this is your only shot to get it for retail pricing.

https://www.geekslin...1093752440.html

#1026 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6220 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:35 AM

on

BTW, Geeks-Line most recent offering, the Gamecube Anthology was just released recently, and they are offering the last few "Ultimate Editions" on their site. This edition was exclusive to the KS campaign, but they hold back stock for damages(or just didn't reach the LE number of 1000). Either way, this book will be gone soon, and this is your only shot to get it for retail pricing.

https://www.geekslin...1093752440.html

once i added to cart, the price went up $5. weird