* * * * * 1 votes

The unOFFICIAL Art Book Pre-Order Thread

#1261 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1595 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:04 AM

Replacement FF Ultimania 3 from Amazon came in much better but still not mint. I'll take it. They actually put air pillows in the package this time

#1262 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7067 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:11 AM

Replacement FF Ultimania 3 from Amazon came in much better but still not mint. I'll take it. They actually put air pillows in the package this time

Yeah, those air pillows are just about the worst thing for shipping I've ever seen in my life, as it's like using a balloon to add padding to an item. Which would be awesome if packages didn't get slammed or thrown around, which in turn "pops" these air packets. For every package I get with those, more than half are always popped, which in turn means the item is now free to move, which always causes damage. Sadly, these shit devises have become an industry standard, as I'm sure they cost pennies on the dollar, and you get what you pay for.

#1263 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:43 PM

Yeah, those air pillows are just about the worst thing for shipping I've ever seen in my life, as it's like using a balloon to add padding to an item. Which would be awesome if packages didn't get slammed or thrown around, which in turn "pops" these air packets. For every package I get with those, more than half are always popped, which in turn means the item is now free to move, which always causes damage. Sadly, these shit devises have become an industry standard, as I'm sure they cost pennies on the dollar, and you get what you pay for.

I can't recall the last time air pillows in an Amazon package did anything.  When they are there, they just throw a couple in there.  The item still can slide all over the place, it just might not be able to move vertically in part of the package.  The air pillows are almost sarcastic.  

I remember back in the days when they gave a crap they'd put items on a piece of cardboard, shrink wrap it to the cardboard, then place it in an appropriately sized box.  

#1264 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12354 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:18 PM

I can't recall the last time air pillows in an Amazon package did anything.  When they are there, they just throw a couple in there.  The item still can slide all over the place, it just might not be able to move vertically in part of the package.  The air pillows are almost sarcastic.  

I remember back in the days when they gave a crap they'd put items on a piece of cardboard, shrink wrap it to the cardboard, then place it in an appropriately sized box.  

Yeah, those days were great.  Now that was some packaging!

#1265 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1595 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:22 PM

Amazon Japan still packs that way. Never been disappointed with ordering from there