Sapphire 3GB 7950 with Sleeping Dogs - $299.99 at Newegg ($20 MIR)

[quote name='pun123']I think I would just rather buy a 360 or PS3 with sleeping dogs would be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

But that means I would have to play it on a sub HD system...

This is an awesome deal. My buddy has a 7950HD and it rocks Crysis 2 (with DX11 and HD pack) 1080p @ 60+ fps.

[quote name='pun123']I think I would just rather buy a 360 or PS3 with sleeping dogs would be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

:pc: Card + Sleeping dogs = 299
:pS3: 249+60=309
309 =/= 299

∴ A ps3 plus the game is not cheaper.

And while I guess a 4gb xbox plus the game would be cheaper, what a waste of a console with out the HDD. which when added, makes it more expensive again.

And I guess apples and oranges works as well. Tomatoes and cucumbers.

[quote name='AgentW']:pc: Card + Sleeping dogs = 299
309 =/= 299

And while I guess a 4gb xbox plus the game would be cheaper, what a waste of a console with out the HDD. which when added, makes it more expensive again.

And I guess apples and oranges works as well. Tomatoes and cucumbers.[/QUOTE]

That's if u pay $60 for the game, it's 49.99 at bby this week.

[quote name='atc250es']That's if u pay $60 for the game, it's 49.99 at bby this week.[/QUOTE]

Well, since I'm still here. That brings the PS3 bundle down to $299. The same as the hardware, right? But wait! The 7950 has a $20 rebate?! which brings it to $279.

279 =/= 299. The card is cheaper. And unless you're from California or New Jersey, no tax at Newegg, meaning cheaper still! Best Buy has tax everywhere (Except NH, maybe Oregon and other such places)

A good card. I'd upgrade, but I'm poor, and not that far behind in my build. High and Medium is well within my reach.

[quote name='AgentW']:pc: Card + Sleeping dogs = 299
309 =/= 299

And I guess apples and oranges works as well. Tomatoes and cucumbers.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the rest of the computer 300-500+ and monitor?

[quote name='pun123']Don't forget the rest of the computer 300-500+ and monitor?[/QUOTE]

PC will still end up being cheaper. Most PC games will not cost you more than $40 at launch and they will most definitely look and perform better. And you can wait a few months and the game will then become super cheap. Beats getting a game for console only realizing that it is not the best version and getting it for a full $60 with a $20 credit if you are lucky.

The benefit of console gaming though is that you can trade in your games after you beat them to put towards new games. You can't do that on most PC games.

[quote name='Hellacious']The benefit of console gaming though is that you can trade in your games after you beat them to put towards new games. You can't do that on most PC games.[/QUOTE]

Dang Right, and if your a good CAG you can make money instead of spending playing games or at the least renting it for very little scratch.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']PC will still end up being cheaper. Most PC games will not cost you more than $40 at launch and they will most definitely look and perform better. And you can wait a few months and the game will then become super cheap. Beats getting a game for console only realizing that it is not the best version and getting it for a full $60 with a $20 credit if you are lucky.[/QUOTE]

PC games are not that cheap at launch. i mean weeks before Borderlands 2 was due out it costs 37 dollars on green man gaming with steam activation how is that cheaper then 59.99 or 49.9

oh... yeah. I am a PC gamer of course but my rig has died. it was old though but a loss is a loss.. :'(
over half my steam games are unplayable with this PC. All it's lacking is a GPU though.

[quote name='atc250es']Meh it doesn't really matter to me, I got SD for $30 last week. Pc gaming sure is expensive.[/QUOTE]

On average we pay 1/3 the price for games. We may pay a little bit more for hardware but its worth it. I can upgrade a PC and have a lot better performance for cheaper than it will cost you to buy a PS4, 720 or the new WiiU crap. You can't compare any new gpu to a 7 year old console. Because technically you are the one over paying for old ass technology, shitty licensing fees and subscription services.

[quote name='Hellacious']The benefit of console gaming though is that you can trade in your games after you beat them to put towards new games. You can't do that on most PC games.[/QUOTE]

Ahh you guys don't know anything about PC gaming or Steam do you? I bought about 4-5 tradable games for $55 from a guy then turned those into Borderlands 2, SFxT, and AC Complete Pack and made about $50 paypal. Though I do get to keep all my games. That's because I am doing it right. You can't do console games like that unless you count trade-in-value or gift cards as profit, pfft.

Dude, Sleeping Dogs on PS3 and PC with a 7950 are like a generation apart almost. On PS3 you'll get a game that's probably running with an internal res of like 640p with low res textures and jaggies that barely runs at 30fps with dips when there's heavy action and a lot of screen tearing and on PC with a 7950 you get something that runs in 1080p at a silky smooth and constant 60fps with anti-aliasing all while using the high res texture pack and vsynch enabled.

So yeah, price wise it might be similar, but you'll get two totally different experiences out of it.

[quote name='windsmere']On average we pay 1/3 the price for games. We may pay a little bit more for hardware but its worth it. I can upgrade a PC and have a lot better performance for cheaper than it will cost you to buy a PS4, 720 or the new WiiU crap. You can't compare any new gpu to a 7 year old console. Because technically you are the one over paying for old ass technology, shitty licensing fees and subscription services.[/QUOTE]

I have a gaming pc also, I've been playing the shit out of guild wars 2. I'm still rocking my gtx480, don't have the extra cash for a new card when I don't need to upgrade.

bread's done
Back