[Dead]Soul Calibur 5 (360/PS3) $19.99 - Amazon Lightning Deal

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
8:00 AM PDT - This Wireless Xbox Controller for Windows gives you the ultimate gaming experience
10:00 AM PDT - Immerse yourself in dynamic surround sound while enjoying crystal-clear communication on the PlayStation Network with this headset for the PlayStation 3
12:00 PM PDT - Soul Calibur 5

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sway']Price is live for the Xbox Wireless controller for Windows.[/QUOTE]

Was $34.99, the standard Lightning Deal price for it this year.

Meh, problem with SC5 is that the only story modes you can play are as Patroklos and Phyrra. Since I tend to be prefer playing fighting games offline, that is a huge let down for me.

Did they ever fix the issue on the 360 version where the disc never stops spinning when you go back to the start menu even if installed?

[quote name='DesertLeo']Meh, problem with SC5 is that the only story modes you can play are as Patroklos and Phyrra. Since I tend to be prefer playing fighting games offline, that is a huge let down for me.[/QUOTE]
Me too...and I realized this after I bought from BBY :(

Thanks OP. Big fan of the Soul Calibur series, but 5 seems to have a lot of negative buzz around it. $20 was the right price I think.

[quote name='DesertLeo']Meh, problem with SC5 is that the only story modes you can play are as Patroklos and Phyrra. Since I tend to be prefer playing fighting games offline, that is a huge let down for me.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know that. I'll wait until I can get it for 15 or lower then.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']Wow, I didn't know that. I'll wait until I can get it for 15 or lower then.[/QUOTE]

The game was striped down in other areas too. Pretty sure the tower and all those cool rewards and stuff you could get were taken out. That, plus the fact that they didn't improve on the create-a-character or really anything else makes this a game that really nobody should buy new....just to send the devs a message.

[quote name='JKSonic']nobody should buy new....just to send the devs a message.[/QUOTE]

And that "message" would be...?
  • Players are no longer interested in Sould Calibur. Namco should stop making any more.
  • The used game market is a big problem. Namco should move further in the DLC/Online Pass direction
  • Random dude on The Internet is angry. Namco should read his mind and completely rethink their product development strategy accordingly.

[quote name='enforcer2003']And that "message" would be...?
  • Players are no longer interested in Sould Calibur. Namco should stop making any more.
  • The used game market is a big problem. Namco should move further in the DLC/Online Pass direction
  • Random dude on The Internet is angry. Namco should read his mind and completely rethink their product development strategy accordingly.
[/QUOTE]

That message would be.... Don't be money grubbers and release a stripped down game. Common sense would tell them if the last one sold well and this one did not, don't release crap again. You don't TAKE features away, ADD them.

[quote name='JKSonic']That message would be.... Don't be money grubbers and release a stripped down game. Common sense would tell them if the last one sold well and this one did not, don't release crap again. You don't TAKE features away, ADD them.[/QUOTE]

Then write to them and tell them that. Unless you share some psionic link with the folks at Namco, they're not going to receive your version of the "message".

Sure, the chance of a company changing their ways based on one fanmail is slim, but assuming that companies will look at the sales data and interpret them the way you want them to interpret it... not gonna happen.

SCV was probably the worst AND best in the series. The online features were awesome, along with the character cast and the amazing create a character.

But the story mode was just horrible. They literally created like 5 or 6 new characters, only to base the story on Pat and Pyrra. (Which left more questions than answers). Also, the higher level AI's have the execution/timing levels of a god

[quote name='JKSonic']That message would be.... Don't be money grubbers and release a stripped down game. Common sense would tell them if the last one sold well and this one did not, don't release crap again. You don't TAKE features away, ADD them.[/QUOTE]

say what you will this game did turn a profit more than likely. it has sold over 1.3 million, it had a 6-9 month development time, and created a stellar online experience.

while i agree there are quite a few gimped features of the game....it does play the best of the bunch. and considering the shitty 6-9 month development time and still sold 1.3 million or more hopefully namco got the message yes we still want soul calibur and we want a proper one.

this is also a fun game and easily plays the best in the series it just lacks any modes whatsoever beyond create a character. and no talim takes off at least 1 point in a score out of 10.

SCV was my favorite SC since 2. Logged over 100 hours just trolling the global colloseo and calling out/beating people for dodging high rank players to pad their W/L. The whole online aspect is incredible imo.

bread's done
Back