White Knight Chronicles II $13.99 w/free shipping @Newegg

The price is right, but I think I'll pass after watching some reviews on this. There's a lot of other games I would rather pick up at $15~

Totally worth it. I haven't made it to the multiplayer yet, but there's a lot of game on this disc if it's your thing.

Not sure if the price is right on this yet... if it were $10, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat, but I have such a big backlog (of JRPGs, no less) that this would be sitting on the stack for quite awhile...

Yeah I've been slowly playing through parts I and II for the first time.. my once solid recommendation of this game has been compromised by the EXTENSIVE backtracking / repetition of areas you are forced to do in the second part.

I'd still pick it up for $14 though if you like jrpg's. Reminded me of an offline FFXI in ways.

action RPG this is not. Its a fun game but its seriously a very repetitive game. After beating the story (which required tons of running back and forth with no speed buff) You go online and out of the 150+ online quests people play the same 10 or 15 quests over and over, which is really boring.

Not to mention there is a way to mod your character apparently, so people are higher level than you can be in the game and they are invincible, killing every enemy in 1 hit.

How's the online on this? Is it still pretty active?

@gospelman: The FFXI similarities (although it's just really me being a hopeless nostalgic) is what kinda wants me to get this.

[quote name='Dahk']picked up one. thanks op. also saw el shaddai was 9.99 so i picked up a copy of that as well[/QUOTE]

I saw shaddai as well so I'll skip WKC II and get that instead

[quote name='eXiON']The FFXI similarities (although it's just really me being a hopeless nostalgic) is what kinda wants me to get this.[/QUOTE]

Right, it was the same for me. Even though I hate the main character, the game is a nice experience.. at least until getting past the introductory phase of the second game. I'm still working through this grinding part but it has definitely tainted the overall experience. Still, worth $14 though.

So tempted to get this game, great price and I know it's long as all get out. Not sure I can pull the trigger on it, but it IS essentially 2 games right?

[quote name='destro4eva']So tempted to get this game, great price and I know it's long as all get out. Not sure I can pull the trigger on it, but it IS essentially 2 games right?[/QUOTE]
Yep. Has the first full game included with updated graphics and stuff. Pulled the trigger. I probably won't get around to it for a while, but hey, two games for $15? So what if I get it $5 cheaper eventually? Might as well get it while it's warm.

I'd say pull the trigger, the full first game is included as EeveeFanboy said with upgraded graphics. Another reason would be WKCII needs an online pass, so used isn't a good idea.

[quote name='destro4eva']but it IS essentially 2 games right?[/QUOTE]

yes, but there is extensive recycling of areas and gameplay in the second part

I wil trade someone my sealed copy of Operation Raccoon City for 360 for a copy of this^^ Pm me iof interested in doing this!

The battle system looks annoying(waiting for a ring to load every time?). Unfortunately, I already ordered a copy before I saw any gameplay footage. :cry:

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I saw shaddai as well so I'll skip WKC II and get that instead[/QUOTE]

I ended up doing the same thing. I also picked up all pro football 2k8.

If this game were an action RPG I would have grinded it through to the ground. Sadly it isn't. It's a lot like Final Fantasy 11, which I couldn't stand.

I don't see how you guys think this isn't an action RPG. Yeah you can't spam attacks but you move your character in real time. You have to wait for a circle to fill up which doesn't take that much time. Just because you can't spam attacks doesn't mean it's not action.

Don't believe all the bad hype this game is getting. It's a great game. While the second game is pretty much just going back through every area you've been to and some other new ones, playing through the first game will be really enjoyable and if you like the game then the second and the online will be enjoyable.

The online is still very active. Most guilds are more active than others, but the top 100 guilds together probably have a thousand to a couple thoussand daily players.

If you don't get the gameplay so don't really enjoy it, then the online might not be for you. With the online though, once you increase your ranking above GR18 you'll be on far harder quests than anything on the story mode. The enjoyment you'll get out of playing through the quests and guild is getting more powerful equipment and using the best combination of attacks to attack every enemy with their weakness and trying to master playing as your chosen class or even cross class(which requires you to switch weapons in mid combat.)

Aside from Valkyria Chronicles, it's the best console JRPG I've played this gen and it's worth getting. I don't really count Yakuza, Demon's/Dark Souls, as RPGs, but it's better than Star Ocean the Last Hope, Final Fantasy 13, Resonance of Fate, and Blue Dragon to me(haven't played anything else.)

[quote name='LD_Helix']Got one, thanks op, now I gotta find the first one at this kind of price[/QUOTE]
Not sure if you want to get the first one to collect or not, but it's included as a remastered version in the second game. So you're getting both titles in this collection.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Got one, thanks op, now I gotta find the first one at this kind of price[/QUOTE]

No, you dont. First game is included on the disc.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Not sure if you want to get the first one to collect or not, but it's included as a remastered version in the second game. So you're getting both titles in this collection.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gospelman']No, you dont. First game is included on the disc.[/QUOTE]

Did not know that, thanks guys!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just a heads up. You can't unlock trophies from wk1 from that version, if that's your thing.[/QUOTE]
I actually didn't know that part. I played through the standalone game and I think I only unlocked one or two trophies anyways. This game definitely takes time if you're trophy hunting, that's for sure.

Thanks for posting this. I got my order in over the weekend. I've been looking for this at a nice cheap price. Two games for one... Even if it's not the greatest I'm sure I'll find a way to have some fun with it...

I have been tempted every time this gets to $15.99 but never bit. I finally bit now since it is $13.99. I thought it seemed decent based on gameplay videos.

I hope there is a shortage on the 18th after everyone picks up there preorders. I'm counting on a problem at the factory or ibm fubaring on the cpu production.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Not sure if the price is right on this yet... if it were $10, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. I've just heard too many mixed reactions on this one to test the waters at any price above $10.

bread's done
Back