- - - - -

3 Select Vita games for $40 + tax Walmart.com

#31 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6196 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Resistance or Unit 13 ... Any recommendations?

I have both, here is my assessment.

• Resistance: Burning Skies
    • Rather short but honestly really fun
    • Easy to platinum
    • The online works and is honestly rather fun, it's nice to see a true console shooter experience but on a smaller scale (4v4) and on the go
  • Unit 13
    • Great for on the go, a good number of short missions that have varying objectives
    • Gets repetitive after a while since they reuse areas of the game but with different objectives
    • Has co-op, but you need to finish a level single player to be able to play it co-op. Really annoying!!!
    • Each character/class has levels so it adds some replay to it

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.

My Trade List

My GoFundMe - Help Me Get to Star Wars Celebration 2017!

#32 Versafied   Formerly known as vlv723 CAGiversary!   2893 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Yea this is an amazing deal for flipping. Uncharted and Gravity Rush easily go for over 20 on eBay.

Already knew someone was gonna say the "F" word. Lol

#33 LazyTriangle   flashbang dance CAGiversary!   2425 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

LazyTriangle

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

looks like Gravity Rush is OOS

nosey little fucker arent ya?

#34 Jackovasaurus   And ya say Chi-City CAGiversary!   1382 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Jackovasaurus

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

You can't pick it up today from store? I see ship to store, but that won't be ready until the 28th...

#35 jayntampa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

jayntampa

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

I went ahead and bit ... I don't have a Vita yet, either lol but, if I did, I'd need Uncharted and Gravity Rush. I figure I'll get one by the end of the year ... I have P4 Golden on Pre-order, too. As soon as Best Buy has a good deal, I'll get the system.

#36 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

looks like Gravity Rush is OOS

Yep it is. :cry:

#37 Vendetta   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

This is a great deal - in for MLB 12, Unit 13 (decided on this over Resistance), and Gravity Rush. I'd have gotten Uncharted if I didn't have it already too. Thanks OP!

#38 Namerson   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Are online deals available instore? Haven't shopped at Wal-Mart for a while and this is a really great deal.

#39 LD_Helix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

You can't pick it up today from store? I see ship to store, but that won't be ready until the 28th...

Thats because online ordering mean they are sent from their warehouse, even if they have it in-store, kinda like best buy in-store pick up. Also walmart don't match their online deal in-store, go figure.

#40 TheBomb69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

No Gravity Rush. DAMMIT!!!

#41 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6196 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Thats because online ordering mean they are sent from their warehouse, even if they have it in-store, kinda like best buy in-store pick up. Also walmart don't match their online deal in-store, go figure.

Uhhhhh what? Wal-Mart has in store pickup for items that you can get today if you order online. Also, do you even know how Best Buy in-store pick-up works?

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.

My Trade List

My GoFundMe - Help Me Get to Star Wars Celebration 2017!

#42 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

i dont see gravity rush listed :(

#43 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1854 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Sweet deal. Worth it for Uncharted + anything, so I grabbed that and Resistance/Unit 13. Would have liked Gravity Rush but looks like working out actually screwed me over today.
FadeToOne.png

#44 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9642 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Uhhhhh what? Wal-Mart has in store pickup for items that you can get today if you order online. Also, do you even know how Best Buy in-store pick-up works?

^ I think he meant best buy ship-to-store...

anyways a big percentage of walmart online only deals don't allow you to do in-store pickup so ship to store is your best option.

I mean Fuck your getting the games for $13.33 + tax each; I think you can afford to wait 4 or 5 days to get them.

And if you had to sit and think about it.... der... you most likely have already missed out on one of the best titles

#45 Namerson   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Unit 13 just went oos

#46 IFlyRC80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Gravity Rush is gone. Was going to get that, Resistance, and Uncharted then sell Uncharted. I got 2x Uncharted instead. I can sell them and come out ahead plus have Resistance.

#47 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   1874 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

No Resistance Burning Skies either!!!
I don't know how this game sold out faster than Uncharted. t's beyond belief.

#48 LD_Helix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

oh, sorry my bad, I meant ship-to-store. Even if they do in-store pick up, they probably do it at a newer/super center walmart, mind is like 20 yrs old and still sell xbox/PS2 games for $40 bucks!

#49 kart007k   Snakeater CAGiversary!   1810 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

kart007k

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Only crappy games are left. Wanted the following

Gravity Rush
Uncharted
Unit 13
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#50 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

why cant i check out with the games in the cart. does this mean a game is oos?

#51 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4481 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Man, this sounds like a death rattle..and its crazy that you have to wait for Site-To-Store. Guess their employees aren't fast enough too pull it out of the glass case and process it. Probably have to be sent bundled from a DC or something.

But, I picked up Hot Shots, MLB, and Wipeout. All I've been buying is Vita games in hopes it will count to keep the little guy going. I still find myself playing a level of something every night before I go to bed, I love it! Looking forward to playing these three!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#52 NewYorkHitta   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

NewYorkHitta

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Any chance of getting this price matched?

#53 IFlyRC80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Went to checkout and won't let me proceed, it means Resistance is OOS because I tried to add the games to cart again and it was gone.

#54 htz  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Any chance of getting this price matched?

You can't price match something that are online only, sold out, and considered a bundle.

#55 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3204 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

ahhh, damn. uncharted+gravity rush+filler would've been a great grab. Oh well.
Posted Image

#56 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3402 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Fuck, I wanted Gravity Rush & Uncharted and another random game.

oyKh4Vu.jpg

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#57 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10815 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Fuck, I wanted Gravity Rush & Uncharted and another random game.

Awesome sig. :lol:

Ryuukishi634.png

#58 KneeKnee   Trophy Whore CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

KneeKnee

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Was going to jump on Resistance and Gravity rush but theyre both gone already. Booooooo!

KneeKnee.png

#59 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3204 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Awesome sig. :lol:

I thought it was using kinect when I first saw it, lol. Didn't know Conan started doing video game reviews, pretty humorous.
Posted Image

#60 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

I could not get my self to bite on that Gravity Rush game. Sony/Vita needs to hurry and add more newer/classic games.

I thought it was using kinect when I first saw it, lol. Didn't know Conan started doing video game reviews, pretty humorous.

LMAO!

Spoiler

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png