Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect - $249.96 at Walmart - Rollback

My first response was - Wii U price competition - but then I realized these ads were probably created long before Walmart knew the Wii U price. Still, a $299 PS3 320GB Move Sports Champions package looks like a better deal to me than a $299 8GB Wii U w/ the noticeably absent Nintendo Land even if the PS3 is 6 years old. I'ld say the $249 Kinect Adventures 4GB package is probably worth a look for some parents whose kids have been pestering them for a Kinect for years but only recently started asking for the WiiU.

Lots of good deals to come this holiday season, me thinks.

[quote name='rjejr']My first response was - Wii U price competition - but then I realized these ads were probably created long before Walmart knew the Wii U price. Still, a $299 PS3 320GB Move Sports Champions package looks like a better deal to me than a $299 8GB Wii U w/ the noticeably absent Nintendo Land even if the PS3 is 6 years old. I'ld say the $249 Kinect Adventures 4GB package is probably worth a look for some parents whose kids have been pestering them for a Kinect for years but only recently started asking for the WiiU.

Lots of good deals to come this holiday season, me thinks.[/QUOTE]

You are right about them being printed before the WiiU announcement....they were probably printed 14-10 days ago and I suspect it is an effort to clear out some of the older SKUs in prep for new holiday bundles which will probably show up around mid to late October.

I think we'll see some pretty good holiday bundles announced in the next few weeks...With the Wi U pricing, Sony and MS just need to drop their pricing $50 and pack in some games (ie, a kinect 4gb with 3 games at $250) to make the WiiU look pretty expensive in neutral consumers minds and both the Xbox and PS3 will be in plentiful supply.

Amazon price match of both the 4gb with kinect and 250gb unit. Wonder what bundles are incoming. I want to pick up a new Xbox and that 250gb unit at $249.99 is real tempting.

bread's done
Back