- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

#8551 LazyTriangle   flashbang dance CAGiversary!   2413 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

LazyTriangle

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hey guys,

I know alot of you have been asking about Sunday's deals/holiday deals:

1. We'll have ALOT of stuff kicking off on Sunday so a major OP update is incoming. One of the things we'll have on sale will be that THQ Medley we ran previously for $9.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3F5S0O. All Steam keys, all separate. For those of you curious about cross over with the Humble Bundle, the only 2 titles that were in the HB are Metro 2033 and Red Faction Armageddon. There will be a BUNCH of other stuff on sale as well.

2. I'm hoping to update the OP tomorrow but it might end up being Saturday. I owe the guys over at the Something Awful forums a Mega Thread that I've been working on for a while so I need to finish that up ASAP.

3. Get ready, winter deals are coming.

Cheers,
Tony

awesome can't wait to see the deals, crossing my fingers for Far Cry 3

Spoiler
;)

xCr6Kma.jpg

#8552 KidInTheHall   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

KidInTheHall

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

My mind and body are ready

You will be the first to be broken.

#8553 Necrotron   Now with strawberry! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Ok, bought the Secret World and I went to register the key at Funcom's website under my account and it takes me to a webpage asking me if I want to purchase an optional add-on for $60 or $199, which I decline, and then returns the error
Information

There was an error submitting your data.

Please check your input and try to correct any invalid fields.

Regardless of what I select, it does not upgrade my account. There are no data fields on this page, and even selecting to buy an 'optional' add-on returns the same error. Wtf!?

Update: Apparently it let me create a 'new' account. Just went ahead and did that to avoid their broken webpage.

#8554 Bios Element   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Bios Element

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Update: Apparently it let me create a 'new' account. Just went ahead and did that to avoid their broken webpage.

I had no trouble creating a new account, but I did get a similar error from a username space. >.>
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#8555 HisDivineOrder   Embrace the Dealness CAGiversary!   1009 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

HisDivineOrder

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

My mind and body are ready

You failed the first test. Your soul had to be ready. You must now walk the walk of shame back down to the back of the line and prepare yourself fully for the awesome.

#8556 Cheaplikeafox OS X   Better Than You CAGiversary!   13638 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

So out of curiosity, since this is going F2P will you be able to DL it from Steam once it goes F2P and just log in with your account details showing you bought it retail?

#8557 Steve0Matic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Steve0Matic

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

So out of curiosity, since this is going F2P will you be able to DL it from Steam once it goes F2P and just log in with your account details showing you bought it retail?

I would imagine you can't DL it from Steam without a key or buying it from them directly. It's not F2P as in no entry cost, it's like Guild Wars 2 where there is no sub fee but you still have to buy the game.

#8558 Cheaplikeafox OS X   Better Than You CAGiversary!   13638 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I would imagine you can't DL it from Steam without a key or buying it from them directly. It's not F2P as in no entry cost, it's like Guild Wars 2 where there is no sub fee but you still have to buy the game.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I think I read somewhere it was going to be F2P come January 1, but that may have been wrong.

Edit:

So here's where the confusion came from -

Subscriptions for the modern day, Lovecraftian, conspiracy theory-laden MMO are now optional. Players can buy the game for $30 (or €30 or £25) and play all of the story content currently available. Four major updates for the title, which was released back in July, have already been released. Funcom is offering all of the upcoming content in the fifth update and an “Initiate Pack” (which includes weapons, a pet, and social clothing) for players who buy the game before December 31. Starting in January, updates (called “Issues” in Secret World parlance) will be sold for $5 each.

So buy before the end of the year and get the fifth update free too. $5 otherwise.

#8559 gomikeoh   I like turtles. CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

if you are going to put down 15 bucks on the secret world, id honestly put that 15 down on a good mmo.

guild wars 2.

the community is huge, the reason you see such little price drops on the game client months after release compared to other mmos is because...its goty material (time voted it as well as others i think) and the community is actually huge and not dead.

the amount of content i have seen gw2 dish out month after month is unreal. they patch HUUUGE events every holiday there is.

Save those 15 and with the 5 dollar promo code for january, use it on a GREAT game. trust me, it will be worth the extra dollars.
PC master race.

#8560 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMKP1FC/ - $10 today during the Gamespot Show (2PM-4PM)

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0064TYSHC/ - $5 during the Gamespot Show

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B007WWW2C8/- $12.49 during the Gamespot show
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#8561 Bios Element   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Bios Element

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

if you are going to put down 15 bucks on the secret world, id honestly put that 15 down on a good mmo.

Save those 15 and with the 5 dollar promo code for january, use it on a GREAT game. trust me, it will be worth the extra dollars.

They're really two different kinds of games entirely.

I've already played, torn through and grown tired of GW2. This doesn't make it any less of a great game and it remains on my very limited drive because it's great, but TSW offers something different with a good story and thus I'm quite excited for it.
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#8562 KidInTheHall   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

KidInTheHall

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMKP1FC/ - $10 today during the Gamespot Show (2PM-4PM)

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0064TYSHC/ - $5 during the Gamespot Show

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B007WWW2C8/- $12.49 during the Gamespot show

I'm in for Syndicate and I really like the bundle for SS but I only need SS 3 and it's DLC.

#8563 DemonKysho   If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working. CAGiversary!   444 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hey Tony, just inquiring about the status of PSN and XBL games for purchase through the amazon store. I know awhile back you say you acquired that division.

To be clear i am not talking about PSN or XBL currency, i am talking about whole games and dlc purchases through amazon. Since amazon used to sell everything that was on the PSN/XBL store from avatars to games. You even had your own sales on these things.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#8564 BernardoOne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

BernardoOne

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Besides, if you buy TSW, you are contributing for The Longest Journey sequel. Worth it :D

#8565 radioactivez0r   Up and Atom! CAGiversary!   3892 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

radioactivez0r

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

The Secret World site is pissing me off something fierce. There appear (??) to be separate registrations via funcom.com and thesecretworld.com which may or may not be the same thing. If I put in my key on either, while I'm already logged into the site, it gives me 2 options: upgrade or create new account. I have the same upgrade problem as the poster above, but I don't want to create a new account as I AM ALREADY LOGGED IN TO THE SITE. Sigh. Word of warning, I guess.
Posted Image

#8566 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

The Secret World site is pissing me off something fierce. There appear (??) to be separate registrations via funcom.com and thesecretworld.com which may or may not be the same thing. If I put in my key on either, while I'm already logged into the site, it gives me 2 options: upgrade or create new account. I have the same upgrade problem as the poster above, but I don't want to create a new account as I AM ALREADY LOGGED IN TO THE SITE. Sigh. Word of warning, I guess.

Emailing about this now.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#8567 DonRamon   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   324 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Oh please let there be discounts for the dlc, it's the only thing I need!

#8568 DemonKysho   If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working. CAGiversary!   444 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Deals are live now, i imagine those hamsters got a little over zealous.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#8569 CheapThomas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

CheapThomas

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Deals are live now, i imagine those hamsters got a little over zealous.

it's 2PM somewhere out there....

#8570 gomikeoh   I like turtles. CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

As a person new to the serious sam franchise, is there any reason to play the originals over the hd remakes? anything missing or added besides the visual quality?
PC master race.

#8571 KidInTheHall   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

KidInTheHall

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Anyone wanna trade Serious Sam 3 for Syndicate? I only need SS 3.

#8572 Mike UFC   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1262 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Ended up buying the Most Serious Bundle for $9.99. Needed it for SS3+DLC and the two SS3 indie games. I can give the rest away to my brother. Thanks Tony.

#8573 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9309 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Just picked up the SS pack. Been keeping an eye on these titles since my PC gaming rebirth and $9.99 is perfect for my backlog.

#8574 tossup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Bought the sam bundle! For those of us who got the recent AC3 goldbox deal, you'll have 3 dollars of credit that apply! 9.99 is hard to beat for all these sam games on steam.

#8575 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   7721 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Whoa, didn't even know this went live yet. Thought he meant 2pm Pacific. Oh well, grabbed it.

#8576 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Whoa, didn't even know this went live yet. Thought he meant 2pm Pacific. Oh well, grabbed it.

You said you were going to miss the deal didn't you? So I moved it up...I thought I PMed this to you last night.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#8577 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   7721 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

As a person new to the serious sam franchise, is there any reason to play the originals over the hd remakes? anything missing or added besides the visual quality?

Nope. The HD remakes are the same game just reskinned/using the new engine.

#8578 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   7721 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

You said you were going to miss the deal didn't you? So I moved it up...I thought I PMed this to you last night.

Cheers,
Tony

Nah, you got me confused with the dude below. But, on his behalf: thanks! Also, on my behalf, thanks! Been looking for a crazy deal on SS3 so splitting this pack with a CAG'er allowed me to effectively get it for $5 + $1 for the DLC. Can't beat that!

Ughh. I'm going to be driving home tomorrow so I'll miss out on Serious Sam.

#8579 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7089 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago   Has been playing WWE 2K15
XONE

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Is the Serious Sam bundle Steam or no?

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#8580 gomikeoh   I like turtles. CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Is the Serious Sam bundle Steam or no?

Yup all steam codes.
PC master race.