- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

#17611 forthenguyen   C CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

forthenguyen

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

If you put that Darksiders Franchise deal on the EC list, that would be great! 2 more credits and nothing else on the list I want to buy at the moment.

As my previously reply pointed out, simply stating "These are bad deals" or "I am disappointed" invites response, usually not positive, from those who have specifically asked for a specific deal.

If you want to provide feedback that is actionable like "I would have bought this at $XX.XX" for example:

Edit: added this:

"Syndicate was $4.00 from Gamefly in December.
DA pack has been cheaper from Amazon in the past w/o coupon.
EA sports pack has been 3.99 prior from Amazon as well w/o coupon.
Alice was 4.99 from Steam, not the complete version though."

awesome, I can use that. "These are bad deals"/"I am disappointed" only serves to invite argument and thread derailment.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say these deals were bad, don't think I've ever said I was disappointed, when I said I wasn't interested in anything else. I just noticed that DS2 was on the list, along with the previous DS Franchise deal and your mention of possibly bringing it back when saying you wouldn't PM Steam's deal, thought I would express my appreciation if the deal were to come back and on the list. Hope it wasn't taken the wrong way, and keep doing what you're doing!

#17612 hailey   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   19 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

For example, Amazon had Syndicate for $5 before, you think that they should sell it for $5 again and allow a coupon to work with it to make it free? Unless they are price matching steam why would they do that?

So what is the reward for the coupon? if you're going to use it as a incentive to buy other things why make the game cost the exact amount it did without the coupon?

#17613 UW_Shocks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

word :) also, in response to fc3, it'll be $39.99 pre-coupon on 1/22 only.

Cheers,
tony

sold!!! :D

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#17614 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   12565 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

For example, Amazon had Syndicate for $5 before, you think that they should sell it for $5 again and allow a coupon to work with it to make it free? Unless they are price matching steam why would they do that?

I don't think it has anything to do with hoping it's free. I was hoping Syndicate would be around $2.50 after credit. It was $5 very recently on Amazon without any promo credit, which is why the deal isn't all that great for this promotion. I expect prices to be cheaper with promo credit, not the same price as it was a week or two ago when no credit promotions were running for it.

#17615 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say these deals were bad, don't think I've ever said I was disappointed, when I said I wasn't interested in anything else. I just noticed that DS2 was on the list, along with the previous DS Franchise deal and your mention of possibly bringing it back when saying you wouldn't PM Steam's deal, thought I would express my appreciation if the deal were to come back and on the list.

Not at all, I was using you as an example of the people who likely don't think the deals, one of which you specifically requested...suck.

So what is the reward for the coupon? if you're going to use it as a incentive to buy other things why make the game cost the exact amount it did without the coupon?

I don't think it has anything to do with hoping it's free. I was hoping Syndicate would be around $2.50 after credit. It was $5 very recently on Amazon without any promo credit, which is why the deal isn't all that great for this promotion. I expect prices to be cheaper with promo credit, not the same price as it was a week or two ago when no credit promotions were running for it.

See above.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#17616 Larce80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

yea...makes you think..
When I was buying games in Dec I kept thinking that each one gets me $5 off something else, but whats the point if the sale price of that item is +$5 than is previous lowest? hehe sure some have been good but I think I got a few too many of em that I wont use.

/agreed it is legit feedback, my feedback to the feedback is,

"Sorry the deal might not be for you this time because it is a repeat. Here are some examples of people in this very community that don't think it is a disappointing deal":
Cheers,
Tony

yea I know its a good deal since I bought it at that price the first time with THQ(?) coupon
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#17617 espy   Original Transported Man CAGiversary!   2693 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

I registered a non-Steam GamersGate key of Alice: Madness Returns on Origin a while ago, but it didn't download Alice 1, just Alice 2. It DID download all of the DLC dresses, which are included in all the versions of the game, just hidden (I think you can access them by changing a few lines in one of the config files).

Makes sense. Alice and Alice Complete were marketed differently and Complete was often not even available at certain times for purchase.

#17618 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1960 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Is there any chance of Sleeping Dogs getting a good discount and being apart of the EC 2012 sale? I tried searching the thread but got a lot of results on people posting their "hauls" so sorry if this has been asked already.

#17619 espy   Original Transported Man CAGiversary!   2693 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Is there any chance of Sleeping Dogs getting a good discount and being apart of the EC 2012 sale? I tried searching the thread but got a lot of results on people posting their "hauls" so sorry if this has been asked already.

Hitman was, so maybe. What price are you hoping for? From a US retailer I think Steam had it lowest at $16.99 if I'm not mistaken.

#17620 aShufflinZombie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

aShufflinZombie

How do I check how many of the EC coupons I have?

#17621 hailey   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   19 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Why am I being guilt tripped by a passive aggressive marketer because I don't like particular deals?

I feel legitimately disheartened as a customer because I bought many things on the premise that the $5 coupons would benefit me in the future. Now the deals are bottom of the barrel or literally the exact same deals + $5.

Why cant I say I'm disappointed by that? Or that I think it sucks?

#17622 forthenguyen   C CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

forthenguyen

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Not at all, I was using you as an example of the people who likely don't think the deals, one of which you specifically requested...suck.

Sorry, I don't follow. I don't think about the deals, even the ones I requested, which sucks? I just hope my request didn't come off as complaining about the sale, which I wasn't :D

#17623 Irony Strikes   At Its Finest CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Irony Strikes

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I am on the same page that I would have hoped for $2.50, that is reasonable. I just don't think that saying well it was $5 before so it should be $5 now is valid. I don't want to keep derailing this thread so I am just going to drop it. :D

#17624 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

yea...makes you think..
When I was buying games in Dec I kept thinking that each one gets me $5 off something else, but whats the point if the sale price of that item is +$5 than is previous lowest? hehe sure some have been good but I think I got a few too many of em that I wont use.

yea I know its a good deal since I bought it at that price the first time with THQ(?) coupon

Yeah, to add further insight here, we went back and did a massive deep dive into coupon usage last year when looking at how to spread deals across January this year.

Basically what we found was that virtually everyone who bought tons of <$1 DLCs to get $5 coupons were also the only people who had excess coupons at the end of last January, furthermore we found that the stuff they did use their coupons on was all $2.50-Free after coupon.

Based on this, we decided to focus all of our efforts on getting better deals on newer, more critically acclaimed stuff, or bundles with a high value (The Walking Dead, XCOM, Dark Souls, NBA, The 2K Packs, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3 etc).

Just an FYI + more insight into the thought process over here.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17625 espy   Original Transported Man CAGiversary!   2693 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Why am I being guilt tripped by a passive aggressive marketer because I don't like particular deals?

I feel legitimately disheartened as a customer because I bought many things on the premise that the $5 coupons would benefit me in the future. Now the deals are bottom of the barrel or literally the exact same deals + $5.

I don't think you're being fair. There have been legitimately great sales, Dark Souls for $13, Max Payne 3 for $10, Walking Dead $7.50, KoA Complete $10, Spec Ops $2.50, Darkness $2.50. And some people actually want some of the deals you criticized.

What kinds of deals were you looking for? And what price points did competitors sell them for so he can use it as reference?

#17626 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

See the post I just made, I'm not trying to guilt trip, I'm trying to both address your statement and keep the thread from derailing.

I feel I've successfully accomplished an explanation but utterly failed to keep the thread from derailing.

Can you help me understand what a better response would be here in the future, should I not explain the source of deals that cause disappointment, or not respond?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17627 espy   Original Transported Man CAGiversary!   2693 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Yeah, to add further insight here, we went back and did a massive deep dive into coupon usage last year when looking at how to spread deals across January this year.

Basically what we found was that virtually everyone who bought tons of <$1 DLCs to get $5 coupons were also the only people who had excess coupons at the end of last January, furthermore we found that the stuff they did use their coupons on was all $2.50-Free after coupon.

Based on this, we decided to focus all of our efforts on getting better deals on newer, more critically acclaimed stuff, or bundles with a high value (The Walking Dead, XCOM, Dark Souls, NBA, The 2K Packs, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3 etc).

Just an FYI + more insight into the thought process over here.

Cheers,
Tony

Was there a Far Cry 3 sale I missed or didn't pay attention? Or one upcoming?

That makes sense to me, but it makes me laugh you guys analyze the DLC coupon hoarders, haha.

#17628 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16318 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Dark Souls
PC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

As noted by Tony on Reddit:

1/11-1/13:
Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon)
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon)

1/18-1/20:
Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon)
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon)

1/13-1/19:
Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon)

1/11-1/12
Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon)
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon)

Nice @ EA Sports pack.
So in for that.

We really need to get some modern-day NHL and Madden games from EA on the PC - that'd be great. :D

#17629 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Was there a Far Cry 3 sale I missed or didn't pay attention? Or one upcoming?

That makes sense to me, but it makes me laugh you guys analyze the DLC coupon hoarders, haha.

I posted it in response to UW_Shocks question about FC3. We'll have it for $39.99 pre coupon on 1/22.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17630 Tolyngee   CAG in Training CAG in Training   201 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

What kinds of deals were you looking for? And what price points did competitors sell them for so he can use it as reference?

Tony, if you're looking for legit feedback to take back with you:

FYI - I passed on the ME3 deals. Back on BF Gamefly had the ME3 DE for $12. With the coupon, I was really hoping for $10.

Yeah, that might have made ME3 vanilla $5... but I bought ME1 and ME2 @ $5 each. Maybe just too soon, since it hasn't even been out a year.

Just trying to give the feedback you want, as it's the only thing I've passed on that I was anticipating grabbing.

#17631 aShufflinZombie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

aShufflinZombie

Amazon never said anything past 'buy this and get $5 off anything that qualifies.' So please don't complain. Amazon's DD sales have significantly improved since Tony got here so please applaud him. :applause:

#17632 gomikeoh   I like turtles. CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

So far I think the deals are fantastic. Dont know what ya'll are smokin.
Sure there are repeats from a couple weeks ago, but so what, these are some killer deals. If you refute that I would question your sanity.

Wish I could get the dragon age pack...missing only DA2, but ran out of codes. :(
PC master race.

#17633 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   7721 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

yea...makes you think..
When I was buying games in Dec...

When I was buying games from Amazon in December I was thinking... wow I'm getting these games at prices better than anywhere else during these Holiday promotions. The coupons were a nice added bonus. That said I've used two of them so far, one on Dark Souls for $13 which is the lowest price that game has been to date (excluding shady black market and glitch prices). I still have six or eight or so more coupons, doubt I'll use them all but it doesn't bother me in the slightest because I made the base purchases because I wanted the games I bought at the lowest available price and not relying on the coupon to justify it.

I think a lot of the disappointment from the coupons stems from people overhyping them last year and those that didn't experience buying into that hype. There was a brief window of four or five days where coupon-use coincided with Steam price matching leading to some crazy deals. That happened to some extent this year but to a lesser degree because, quite frankly, the Steam sale this year was awful and only put up six dailies per day versus the nine or so they usually put up.

Quick example from last year. Dead Island was $12ish for a day or two in December. I didn't bite assuming it might be cheaper during the coupon promotion. It wasn't, it was $15 after coupon. C'est la vie. For every 'zomg crazy deal' available during Amazon's last coupon promotion there were probably twice as many that would have 'backfired' had you passed on December deals. But people didn't mention those they just kept parroting 'zomg AAA games for under $5 or free' which was more the exception that the rule.

Re: the 'repeat' sales like Darksiders Franchise and THQ bundle -- people specifically requested those and a lot of people complained when they missed them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

#17634 Amazon DVG Deals   Amazon Official Rep Retailer Representative   4216 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Amazon DVG Deals

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Amazon never said anything past 'buy this and get $5 off anything that qualifies.' So please don't complain. Amazon's DD sales have significantly improved since Tony got here so please applaud him. :applause:

Tony, if you're looking for legit feedback to take back with you:

FYI - I passed on the ME3 deals. Back on BF Gamefly had the ME3 DE for $12. With the coupon, I was really hoping for $10.

Yeah, that might have made ME3 vanilla $5... but I bought ME1 and ME2 @ $5 each. Maybe just too soon, since it hasn't even been out a year.

Just trying to give the feedback you want, as it's the only thing I've passed on that I was anticipating grabbing.

So far I think the deals are fantastic. Dont know what ya'll are smokin.
Sure there are repeats from a couple weeks ago, but so what, these are some killer deals. If you refute that I would question your sanity.

Wish I could get the dragon age pack...missing only DA2, but ran out of codes. :(

When I was buying games from Amazon in December I was thinking... wow I'm getting these games at prices better than anywhere else during these Holiday promotions. The coupons were a nice added bonus. That said I've used two of them so far, one on Dark Souls for $13 which is the lowest price that game has been to date (excluding shady black market and glitch prices). I still have six or eight or so more coupons, doubt I'll use them all but it doesn't bother me in the slightest because I made the base purchases because I wanted the games I bought at the lowest available price and not relying on the coupon to justify it.

I think a lot of the disappointment from the coupons stems from people overhyping them last year and those that didn't experience buying into that hype. There was a brief window of four or five days where coupon-use coincided with Steam price matching leading to some crazy deals. That happened to some extent this year but to a lesser degree because, quite frankly, the Steam sale this year was awful and only put up six dailies per day versus the nine or so they usually put up.

Quick example from last year. Dead Island was $12ish for a day or two in December. I didn't bite assuming it might be cheaper during the coupon promotion. It wasn't, it was $15 after coupon. C'est la vie. For every 'zomg crazy deal' available during Amazon's last coupon promotion there were probably twice as many that would have 'backfired' had you passed on December deals.

Re: the 'repeat' sales like Darksiders Franchise and THQ bundle -- people specifically requested those and a lot of people complained when they missed them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

To note:

I don't even care if people complain. I'd prefer that they do so we can adjust. I'm just unsure how I'm supposed to respond.

In this case the conversation has been:

"These deals are disappointing"

to which I responded:

"Your fellow CAGs have been requesting these deals."

which was responded with:

"Why am I being guilt tripped?"

I need to understand what kind of responses you guys are looking for, if any, to complaints.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17635 KaOTiK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1838 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

All this talk about bad deals etc.

I'm still over here beating orphans with SlimJims like a madman to get Condemned on the EC list!

#17636 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Quick example from last year. Dead Island was $12ish for a day or two in December. I didn't bite assuming it might be cheaper during the coupon promotion. It wasn't, it was $15 after coupon. C'est la vie. For every 'zomg crazy deal' available during Amazon's last coupon promotion there were probably twice as many that would have 'backfired' had you passed on December deals. But people didn't mention those they just kept parroting 'zomg AAA games for under $5 or free' which was more the exception that the rule.

All that's well and good BUT if you're not enticing me to use my coupons you're missing out on sales. Why use a coupon to price match a deal somewhere else? That's like going out of my way to NOT be a CAG...

I need to understand what kind of responses you guys are looking for, if any, to complaints.

None... most people on here just vent. It's not usually directed at anyone. Just frustrated venting. Just listen to the more constructive complaints and ignore the people who just want to complain to get it out of their system.

#17637 tannersarms   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

tannersarms

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hey Tony

The SR3 complete is a great deal, but given how many people have the standalone version from the THQ bundle, or previous sales, any chance Amazon could do a "Complete DLC bundle"? It seems a shame having to buy something you already have.

#17638 Irony Strikes   At Its Finest CAGiversary!   560 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Irony Strikes

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

I'm still over here beating orphans with SlimJims like a madman to get Condemned on the EC list!

Where are you getting so many orphans from?

#17639 UW_Shocks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

^^^^
This seriously made me lol! :lol:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#17640 lnknprk   Loading... CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

You're going to either run out of SlimJims or orphans. My money is on SlimJims.

I'll be using my last coupon on the Dragon Age Pack. I should really stop looking at the list lest I end up spending it on something else.