$12 off all Pre-orders $49.99 and up @ NEWEGG (YMMV)

Curlis

CAGiversary!
I just got another email for a purchase I made a while ago. $12 off all video game pre-orders $49.99 and up. Expires 9/19/12 at 11:59PM PST.

BTENAJC36

**Probably ymmv depending on if you have made purchases or not**

Doesn't appear to work on WiiU titles for everyone...

Also, $10 off pre-orders of $39.99 or more here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328645

And more Newegg deals here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328648
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328521
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328505

Last edited by a moderator:
Must stay strong. I've held off on pre-ordering all the big new releases this fall since I got burned last year after seeing all the deals that went down on Black Friday.

Once again my email address is not eligible for this promo. :cry:

Maybe I should buy something just so I can get in on these promos again--I mainly want the "$10 off preorders $39.99+" promo to appear again so I can preorder Virtue's Last Reward for :3ds:.

[quote name='Yamato']This almost changed my stance on pre-ordering games. Almost.[/QUOTE]If the incentive is good enough, why not pre-order?

I have three games waiting for me from Newegg. Saved like $40 + no tax and no shipping. And I'll dump those orders the second I see one lower (which I probably won't).

[quote name='kulaguy']Haha. Newegg loves this deal.

Search preordersave12 for qualifying titles.[/QUOTE]

Makes you wonder what they pay for their games if they can routinely sell preorders of $59.99 or more at $12 less then MSRP

Rayman Legends is listed at $49.99, though, unlike Amazon which has it for $59.99. Is there any word on if this game is supposed to be $49.99 or should I jump on the Newegg price even though I can't use the coupon?

They have FF: Lightning Returns up for pre-order already lol. Strange how Amazon has it as $69.99.

Checked the price at BestBuy and they also had Legends for $59.99, so just went ahead and pre-ordered at Newegg for $49.99. $10 off even without being able to use the coupon!

Damn, don't work for me :(
smile.gif

As a small token of our thanks for your recent purchase of a Last Story w/Art Book & CD Wii Game XSEED Games, here are some bonus coupon codes that should help you save a few dollars as you finish your shopping!

[quote name='newtype06']Doesn't work on New Super Mario Bros. U :([/QUOTE]

I know. I tried this too :( Oh well, got Scribblenauts Unlimited for $38.

If you do a search of the website using code "preordersave12" you will see that WiiU games do not come up.

Pretty sure NewEgg is excluding all WiiU titles with these promo codes.
EDIT - MAYBE ONLY NINTENDO-PUBLISHED WiiU GAMES ARE EXCLUDED?!?
I would love to be proven wrong, but I had a no-go for Super Mario Bros Wii U and Pikman 3.

Odd - I was able to preorder several WiiU titles previously. But nothin' doin' this time! :no:

I noticed on the email that it said the coupon was one use per customer. Maybe they've gotten wise to people who multiple pre-order stuff?

Probably going to use it for Of Orcs and Men. That game looks pretty good.

[quote name='Pojo']If the incentive is good enough, why not pre-order?

I have three games waiting for me from Newegg. Saved like $40 + no tax and no shipping. And I'll dump those orders the second I see one lower (which I probably won't).[/QUOTE]

You're right, still too much for me though. I never pay more than $30 for video games, most of the time not more than $20. Last exception to that rule was Dark Souls which was glorious.

[quote name='riotheart']Tied to email, retitle?

Your email address is not valid for redemption of promo code BTENAJC36.[/QUOTE]

These threads need to indicate that it's not just about making a recent purchase, but also being on their promo list.

[quote name='crunchewy']Rayman Legends is listed at $49.99, though, unlike Amazon which has it for $59.99. Is there any word on if this game is supposed to be $49.99 or should I jump on the Newegg price even though I can't use the coupon?[/QUOTE]

Either way you might as well pre-order it, Newegg doesn't charge until they ship.

[quote name='Prismatico']These threads need to indicate that it's not just about making a recent purchase, but also being on their promo list.[/QUOTE]

So you need to have done both? Signed up for their emails and made a recent purchase? I can edit the first post if need be.

Pikmin 3 didn't work for me. it said: "The promo code BTENAJC36 is for a product not in your shopping cart. Please check your promo code and try again."

[quote name='Curlis']Either way you might as well pre-order it, Newegg doesn't charge until they ship.

So you need to have done both? Signed up for their emails and made a recent purchase? I can edit the first post if need be.[/QUOTE]

I'm signed up (I receive other deal emails and I've checked my account settings), have orders as recent as less than a month ago, but I never get these particular code emails and they don't work if I try to use them. I know I'm not the only one with this problem as someone else said they contacted them and was told you had to be on their promo list.

Is the promo list different from the newsletter? I'm signed up to the newsletter, but I don't see a promo list. There is an option to have deals texted to you. Is that it?

[quote name='Prismatico']I'm signed up (I receive other deal emails and I've checked my account settings), have orders as recent as less than a month ago, but I never get these particular code emails and they don't work if I try to use them. I know I'm not the only one with this problem as someone else said they contacted them and was told you had to be on their promo list.[/QUOTE]

Yea that's kinda what I thought. Strange thing is, I bought SSX about two months ago and they have sent me 2 or 3 of these emails with the codes thanking me for buying SSX...

[quote name='crunchewy']Is the promo list different from the newsletter? I'm signed up to the newsletter, but I don't see a promo list. There is an option to have deals texted to you. Is that it?[/QUOTE]

I think this is all I'm signed up for and I've been getting these.

Well if I can use this on several preorders I guess I'll lock in some cheaper Wii U games. I'll decide which to keep closer to launch.

I got the email, and was able to preorder rayman legends at 37.99. If the retail is supposed to be 59.99, then it's a pretty solid discount.

Ok, so I found the preordersave12 list, however I can't use the promo on it. Am I missing something? I added some games from the list to my cart and entered the code in the promo spot and nothing. Someone please help!

[quote name='mikenoob']Does newegg do release date delivery?[/QUOTE]

They have never done this, with all of my pre-orders.

Kind of concerns me for my WiiU launch-day orders. If the game launches with the system, that'd be a Sunday. So the game would ship from NewEgg on Monday (going by past experience) with free 3-Day delivery. But with Thanksgiving on Thursday, that means we shouldn't expect to see WiiU games until that Friday.

[quote name='macgoeszoom']Ok, so I found the preordersave12 list, however I can't use the promo on it. Am I missing something? I added some games from the list to my cart and entered the code in the promo spot and nothing. Someone please help![/QUOTE]

Two things:

[1] It says flat-out that you have to login first to use a promo code.

[2] only one game per order. (good news - you usually can use the code for more than just one order.)

I have yet to receive an email for any of the offers newegg has done for game pre-orders, yet I have been eligible for every single one. Nothing in my spam folder either. Not really complaining, it just sucks I have to rely on CAG for these promotions instead of beings able to check my email.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I have yet to receive an email for any of the offers newegg has done for game pre-orders, yet I have been eligible for every single one. Nothing in my spam folder either. Not really complaining, it just sucks I have to rely on CAG for these promotions instead of beings able to check my email.[/QUOTE]
It seems you don't get it everytime, I didn't get it last time but it did show up in my email today. I guess they want you to return but not get $12 off every single usage.

Got this code in the mail as usual from newegg.Every single WiiU title came with a $12 discount for me.As OP said YMMV.I get stuff shipped from them on the weekly basis, so maybe that is why this code is being hella generous to me.

bread's done
Back