LEGO Deals 3

Fry's Electronics has the City and Star Wars 2011 Advent Calendars for $9.99 each. I got one of each at the store in Woodland Hills, CA. They have two of each set left.

LEGO thread THREEPEAT!

Kmart.com is dropping a lot of toys into 90% clearance right now. Might be worth checking your local LEGO clearance items (everything but Heroica is sold out online.)

[quote name='cassidyarch']LEGO thread THREEPEAT!

Kmart.com is dropping a lot of toys into 90% clearance right now. Might be worth checking your local LEGO clearance items (everything but Heroica is sold out online.)[/QUOTE]

Would they do it during the week? I thought it was always Friday....

It's alive! LEGO thread 3 ... btw, has anyone seen any 50% off coupons from B&N lately, seems like they had those more often as it got closer to Black Friday/ Holiday time last year?

[quote name='cassidyarch']LEGO thread THREEPEAT!

Kmart.com is dropping a lot of toys into 90% clearance right now. Might be worth checking your local LEGO clearance items (everything but Heroica is sold out online.)[/QUOTE]

Where are you seeing 90% off clearance toys on the website? I know in the past the stores would devote an end cap to the worst most overstocked toys for a few bucks a piece but they were never legos. Usually action figures that have rotted on shelves for a few years.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Where are you seeing 90% off clearance toys on the website? I know in the past the stores would devote an end cap to the worst most overstocked toys for a few bucks a piece but they were never legos. Usually action figures that have rotted on shelves for a few years.[/QUOTE]

Saw them here (Slickdeals yesterday) and, yeah, definitely old stuff. But I've had LEGO sitting on my Kmart clearance shelf for months now, with about $1 knocked off the price. I'm waiting for those to drop!

Picked up the lego star wars and harry potter character books along with the batman visual dictionary from barnesandnoble.com yesterday. Payed under $35 for them all. I believe amazon has matched their prices as well.

[quote name='elessar123']Thinking about buying the monster house with the 10% coupon from the Lego catalog. Wonder if it'd be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will be directly on sale for a while. I don't know when your coupon expires but next month there will be double VIP points which would be nice to combine with.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I doubt it will be directly on sale for a while. I don't know when your coupon expires but next month there will be double VIP points which would be nice to combine with.[/QUOTE]

That comes out the same, no?

[quote name='elessar123']That comes out the same, no?[/QUOTE]

I meant if your 10% coupon is still valid next month then use it then and get the double points too.

The 10% off coupon is only for this month. We will probably get another with a new catalog.

I lost a wing on my Buzz Lightyear alarm clock. Do you think there is a way to get a replacement?

I had to create a new email account just to get a new B&N kids club 30% off coupon. Picked up the Vampyre Castle for 62.99 with my member discount. Totally worth it. Just wish they weren't 1 time use coupons now.

My store got its Bricktober giveaway figures in today. They seem to be doing something different this year. Instead of the single magnets they've had for the last couple years, there are 4 weeks of vintage figure 5 packs.

I don't have exact details yet, but it seems that these will be more limited (stores are getting 10 or 20 of each week, don't know if any more are coming in) and I would have to assume the purchase price to get these free would be a lot higher too as these packs are in the system at $24.99. I can get pictures of the sets tomorrow.

Hopefully there is something else as far as giveaways go, since most stores will probably run out of these by the time they close on Sunday. If not a couple hours after they open.

^ It's TRU. One jackass will come in and buy all of them as TRU employees completely ignore the whole point of these things.

I grabbed some of the ghost clock polys at Target this morning. I already have the redesigned ghost from the Halloween pack from the Lego Store, but I wanted more. Two for me and one each for my kids. They had a ton of them.

I think the new ghost has already been praised by others, but I wanted to mention that the clock itself is a pretty nifty little build and would look great in either the Haunted House or the Vampyre Castle.

[quote name='demonchylde']I grabbed some of the ghost clock polys at Target this morning. I already have the redesigned ghost from the Halloween pack from the Lego Store, but I wanted more. Two for me and one each for my kids. They had a ton of them.

I think the new ghost has already been praised by others, but I wanted to mention that the clock itself is a pretty nifty little build and would look great in either the Haunted House or the Vampyre Castle.[/QUOTE]

My fiancee and I got 4 of the polys, the clocks are awesome, and yep, definetly going in our Haunted House and Vampyre Castle. I love the ball and chains also.

I have the polybag clock and ghost in my haunted house, look perfect together.

SO I got paid today and went to take advantage of the TRU b2g1 sale but sadly the minifigure display cases do not qualify : ( Guess I'm all caught up on my wants/needs until then

I went to TRU and got 18 minfigures for $40. I got three doubles of series 7 I wanted and guessed what series 8 I had because they didn't have a box, they were on pegs. Only two doubles, a cheerleader (I'm fine with that) and a pirate. I think the pirate is one of the worst minifigures they have done.

However the alien queen and the diver are stunning. I might have to finish up the set on Saturuday.

[quote name='prim4444']My store got its Bricktober giveaway figures in today. They seem to be doing something different this year. Instead of the single magnets they've had for the last couple years, there are 4 weeks of vintage figure 5 packs.

I don't have exact details yet, but it seems that these will be more limited (stores are getting 10 or 20 of each week, don't know if any more are coming in) and I would have to assume the purchase price to get these free would be a lot higher too as these packs are in the system at $24.99. I can get pictures of the sets tomorrow.

Hopefully there is something else as far as giveaways go, since most stores will probably run out of these by the time they close on Sunday. If not a couple hours after they open.[/QUOTE]

The 5 packs will be free with a $60 purchase.
Also during this first week of Bricktober, there will be a BOGO 40% sale going on.

Week 1
Week1_zps49c33ef8.jpg

Week 2
Week2_zps67a61f95.jpg

Week 3
Week3_zpse68b80e4.jpg

Week 4
Week4_zps0f4be2a9.jpg
[quote name='bigdaddy']^ It's TRU. One jackass will come in and buy all of them as TRU employees completely ignore the whole point of these things.[/QUOTE]

Stores have been instructed to limit these to 1 per guest. Now it's up to the store to actually follow up on that.

Those minifigs packs were for sale a long time ago.

I have 2 out of the three... I might try for pack 1 and 4.

Pack 1 is expensive now... but I heard almost all of them are made with the lighter plastic from China.

I still have a bunch of those space figures. My first set was one of the tiny mid-80s space sets. I played with my Lego a lot as a kid, so they're in pretty worn shape, but I do still have the pieces. Seeing them brings back memories though.

Awesome I want some of those 5 packs. I have about 4 TRUs close to me so I will try to get at least 4 of each on the first day of each week. I doubt they will last longer than the first day around here. Resellers are in full force in my neighborhood. First day of the B2G1 a whole case of Frodo polys was purchased by one guy (they had been sitting untouched for weeks at the service desk). I will have to be quick to hit all 4 stores early, but I will give it a try, thanks for posting the details Prim. I can never have enough vintage minifigures, although if you folks ask nice I may offer some here to CAGers in trade. ;)

Awesome, thanks for the info. I didn't know about Bricktober. I don't know if I'm gonna get all four of them, I just moved and am trying to conserve my money until I find a job, but I do like pack 3.

If the space men had the original, classic helmet I'd be on board with these. And what's with the Blacktron fig--it has yellow hands and no visor? I'm taking a pass on these.

Those have a serious lack of Castle figures, and none of them seem like must own. Perhaps I will try to get the first one, but I doubt it.

I got 4441 Police Dog Van for $15 at my local Wal Mart on clearance for some reason. I had to grab it - just for the muscle car. There is one left there (Bremen, GA).

I'm not going to go for the bricktober stuff this year at Toys R Us, I got all 4 magnets last year, but spening over 60 a week is too much for me being that there is nothing I want right now.

My local target didn't even have a spot for the Ghost polybag. What gives?? I'm gonna have to run all over town for that stupid thing, I think.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']My local target didn't even have a spot for the Ghost polybag. What gives?? I'm gonna have to run all over town for that stupid thing, I think.[/QUOTE]
It's pretty cool, you'll be glad you did.

Finally opened my series 8 figures, and love the Santa; so much better than any they've put in a set.

if anyone is interested in the lego olympic minifigures i have a few leftover from the box i got (i live in the united states not UK) not enough for a full set of nine, i have 6/9 plus a few more. I would be willing to sell for about 8 dollars a figure (including shipping) i am open to trades for batman and/or starwars figures too.

My local TRU has mistakenly put all 4 Bricktober minifigure sets on the LEGO shelf today, complete with tags. The tags even said Bricktober #1,2,3,4 on them. Uh oh somebody goofed up. And they qualified for the B2G1. Needless to say, I bought 6 of them. Cost $100 but at least I didnt have to spend $60 just to get one free. I also applied some $10 rewards which knocked the price down further. And it also saves me the time of hitting TRU every Sunday morning in October. So I'm happy for their mistake. There were lots of kids and moms getting them too. They are pricey, yes, but still pretty cool and the discounts take some of the sting out. They only had received 10 of each Volume, so yes they are very very limited. Of course, these usually show up on TRU.com at some point.

Received a card in the mail today. Double LEGO store/online VIP points in October oh yeah!

Big Daddy: The quality seems fine to me. I probably overpaid but I'm a sucker for vintage spacemen and castle figures. :)

That's great to hear, I don't own them, not my thing, but I remember them coming out and people complaining.

And you didnt over pay. The price I thing was $20 for them, plus you could check eBay too and I'm sure they are a lot more. Nice finding of TRU screw up.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Received a card in the mail today. Double LEGO store/online VIP points in October oh yeah![/QUOTE]

Same here but I am all caught up on everything I need at the moment.

Not really interested in those vintage sets, may have to see them in person (and get lucky) to make a final call. May regret it later if I don't at least take a look at them

I have an extra series 8 Shakespeare guy to trade for a series 8 lederhosen guy if anyone has an extra

Hey Prim do you know if the minifigure display shelves will be eligible for the BOGO 40%?

I just realized that the 2012 Bricktober sets are slightly altered from the previous versions, likely because there were 5 sets before and they had to remix figures from Vol. 5 into the 4 weekly packages: here are the figures that were removed from previous versions:
Vol.1: Crazy Scientist (2002)
Vol.2: none - identical to 2012 set
Vol.3: Yellow Spaceman (1979) , Black Falcon Knight (1984) , Pirates Imperial Guard (1989)
Vol.4: none - identical to 2012 set, although as mentioned earlier, the Blacktron spaceman now has yellow hands instead of the black gloves
Vol. 5: 4 of the 5 female minifigures have been integrated into the 2012 sets, except for the Flight Attendant (1994).

Big Daddy, you are close - the original retail price was $17.99, although some volumes briefly made it to the Shop@Home clearance page and were sold for much less. The ones I just bought cost me $15 each plus tax, so yeah I did pretty good.

Oh they are different sets, interesting.

I'm glad you got sets you wanted for less than $240 plus tax. :lol:

I went to a yard sale on Saturday and found the Agents speedboat rescue in a ziploc bag. I asked how much it was and the guy said $5 and that it was all complete. I looked through it and saw the figs were there so I thought the figures were at least worth the $5. I put it together at home and not a single piece was missing except for the extras. The kid even left the used sticker sheet inside one of the manuals. I wish he had others though knowing how good the condition was.

I am not sure if anyone here is a Doctor Who fan, and I personally have no experience with Character Building bricks (though I am awaiting an order of the Tardis) but Amazon currently has a 4 pack of the minifigs for 11.99, these usually go for $5-7 each, or $20 for the 4 pack, so this is a pretty good deal on these figures. I picked up a couple of the packs just for some interesting minifigs.
http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Ch...1348597055&sr=1-2&keywords=character+building

Noticed on SD that they have a number of the more expensive sets on sale at Amazon... Would have jumped on the Town Hall at $162 if Amazon didn't start charging tax here a few months ago. Now I have to think about it...

[quote name='FadeToOne']Noticed on SD that they have a number of the more expensive sets on sale at Amazon... Would have jumped on the Town Hall at $162 if Amazon didn't start charging tax here a few months ago. Now I have to think about it...[/QUOTE]

Same. Tower Bridge is also cheaper at Walmart.com.

Received my Doctor Who Tardis set, and it is a sticker disaster. Lots of little stickers, some go on the sides of the flatter pieces. Luckily they do supply some extra stickers in case you mess it up. Looks nice when I got it together, and the pieces seem to lock together fairly nicely. All and all not bad, everyone should just be aware of how much more difficult the stickers are on this set when compared to LEGO sets.

bread's done
Back