* * * * * 10 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#3181 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9882 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

You bastard! That set is so cool, I need to catch up on my UCS. I need to get the executor before it goes OOP.

@Liquid Metal, Most high traffic Targets are not going to discount things heavily. This is why you see some outrageous deals posted sometimes, I think with the mix of soccer moms and investors shopping at Target seem to have dried up inventory. I remember a few years ago I was able to do my Christmas and Birthday shopping with ease, it's gotten harder especially with the higher end toys.

#3182 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3090 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

Given to the Salvation Army...no joke.

A lot of target crap ends up at a discount grocery store near me. I wonder if they buy excess/damaged goods directly from target.

#3183 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9230 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Maybe they just g though Target's trash.   ;)

Didn't we have someone here who found a few Star Wars LEGO sets, minus the mini figures, in the BN trash?

#3184 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1515 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Depends on the product, and depends on the store, but usually at the Target I worked at salvaged meant getting thrown away. A lot of displays get thrown away, including Christmas tree displays. They used to get donated, but the last couple years I worked there it was a legal thing and they had to be tossed. Say someone got hurt from one of them because it was put together incorrectly, Target could find themselves in a lot of trouble since those displays are put together by employees. I remember one year we had a huge stuffed Domo, maybe 2-3 feet tall. I asked if I could take it since I worked for anime conventions and thought it would a cool giveaway item, but no dice, it had to be destroyed.

#3185 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6996 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

I went to my local walmart and wow they were cleaned out. They did still have some super hero sets, but the superman, lex, wonder woman set was still at 19.99.

Then i went to kmart and most of their clearance stuff were only 1 dollar off, but what i did see was a sign saying kmart rewards members get 40% points back on clearance toy purchases. I was almost going to get the hulk harrier breakout for 47, which would net me 19 dollars in kmart points back, but decided to wait. But wow that is a really good deal if you can find some sets you really like. I think it was from the 11th to 18th.

#3186 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:18 AM

Didn't we have someone here who found a few Star Wars LEGO sets, minus the mini figures, in the BN trash?

That was me. I think Target is pretty good at donating their stuff.

#3187 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2599 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

I'm love to buy it for 90%, just like every other set.   ;)

There is no minimum, it varies from store to store.  I'd buy it for $35, doubtful you will find it for $20ish.

It can happen, though.  I got mine last fall for 17.98.  But you can't count on that.  I think that was one that had been put back on shelves after most of the clearance was long gone and I got very lucky.  But that happens too.  You won't find much post-clearance, but occasional finds do happen.

I'd buy it for $35, too  You should be able to return it if you find it cheaper later. 

Targets near me now have nothing.  Walmart is more interesting.

One Walmart that I went to last week had red-tagged a lot of items, but the discounts weren't great.  This week, they took everything except the Cool Cruiser off clearance.  Weird!

#3188 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9882 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

I picked up a Helms Deep 50% off at Target today, they have another one with some damage down the hill from my house at the Target on Arlington in Riverside. Two sets mysteriously appeared after the reset, may have been in the back but I had a feeling it would 50% off today.

#3189 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3090 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:34 AM

Damn I have yet to see that set on clearance.

#3190 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9230 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:34 AM

My Target LEGO section looked beautiful, both sides of the aisle, nothing but LEGO, even the big baseplates.

Not a single thing on sale, including the older sets.

And every time I go into the newly redone Target I hate it more and more.  That's probably my last trip.  They got rid of half the seasonal section, and made the aisles tiny just to put in food, so now they have college shit EVERYWHERE.  There is a wall of college junk preventing you from going anywhere near clothing.  No one needs clothes for college!

I did buy the Spiderman flying car set from AWD for $14.64, Korra season 1 DVD and a two pack of black Sharpies (only 50 cents, great filler).   :)

#3191 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6996 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

Yeah i went to target today and they had a bunch of sets but nothing even lower than regular price.

IDK why but when i scan the spiderman cycle set at kmart it says wolverine 19.99 on the scanner. Something wrong with that UPC? Most of the sets dont even have stickers on them so i really dont know whats on clearance.

#3192 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9230 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

The new Star Wars sets...

http://www.hothbrick...emieres-images/

At least the thing replacing the planets is different, kind of cute even.  Maybe they will only be $7ish, I can dream.  haha

#3193 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9882 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

I wonder how the spring loaded shooters are going to work, I'm glad they don't too many big sets, I think the most expensive one is going to be the at-ap. The new minis do look cute, the figs look great, I'm just excited for the battle packs this time around!

#3194 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9230 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

I wonder that too.  But the sand green or TMNT green troopers look cool and I'm not at all a Star Wars guy.

The mini ships is the only reason I'd like Star Trek LEGOs.  Big minifigure scale ships will never happens, but different sizes with minifigures sitting in them like that would be fun.

#3195 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1533 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

Caved and bought Kraang Lab Escape and Shredder Dragon Bike for $9 and $17 at Walmart.  I wanted all of the turtles.

Also picked up Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor for $13.

Really the only things left on clearance there were Galaxy Squad and TMNT sets...and a ton of Clone Troopers vs Droidekas for $9.

#3196 cusm   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:42 AM

The new Star Wars sets...

http://www.hothbrick...emieres-images/

At least the thing replacing the planets is different, kind of cute even. Maybe they will only be $7ish, I can dream. haha

I can not wait for those Kashyk clone troopers, they look incredible!

#3197 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2786 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

Well, I went back and they salvaged everything. I mean everything. I picked up the lego quinjet for $35, captain america bike for $6.50, and lord of the rings orc mine something for $20 the first day I went but i went back for lord of the rings helms deep for $40 and other sets but they were gone.

Dammit, I should have picked up another quinjet. oh well.

I did pick up Lord of the rings gandalf arrives and Swamp creature mini sets for $1 at walmart. That was nice.

#3198 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2786 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

I meant the mines of moria not helms deep.

#3199 donniedroc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

I was able to go to San Diego Comic Con this year.  I was able to pick up the exclusive Hobbit micro scale Bag End kit (link).

Is anyone interested in trading for some of the recent Target drops?  I am mainly looking for Star Wars and Super Hero lines.

I am interested in trading as close to $ spent as possible, not how much kits on either side are worth.

Let me know if anyone is interested.  I would rather make someone on this forum happy than try and gouge someone on eBay for it.

PM me directly.  

Apologies for the ad.

#3200 mweav067   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

mweav067

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Haven't really gone searching or building at all lately.

I still have to build Weathertop, Ghost Train, Vampyre Castle, Republic Striker-class Fighter, Sith Fury-class Interceptor, and the X-Wing.

Almost caved on Hobbit Unexpected Gathering for $49 last week, but I'm lower on money this summer than I thought I'd be.

#3201 Kojubat   Not a Pok√©mon CAGiversary!   1784 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

I was able to pick up the exclusive Hobbit micro scale Bag End kit (link).

I don't have anything to trade, sorry. But I followed that link:

Another thing that I liked about the set was that all of the pieces that were given were used up and there were no left over pieces.

Is that something that actually bothers people? As far as I know I've never needed the extra pieces (maybe I lost something duplicate once upon a time and didn't realize), but I've always appreciated they are there. I have a cup that I throw my flower heads and 1x1 leftovers in.

#3202 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2427 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

My son hates them because I make him sort them and put them away in our loose piece trays.  They also tell me if he made a mistake because they never give you dups of anything bigger than 1x2.

#3203 thereefernander   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

thereefernander

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'm looking for a nice start-off Lego collection. Was thinking of getting one of these on Amazon, I have $40 in gift cards from sites like Swagbucks and Plink.

(Ultimate Building Set)

(Bricks and More builders of tomorrow)

(Bricks and more deluxe brick box)

I'm not sure which one would be better for beginning a collection. I think maybe one of the tubs so I have storage as well.

Mainly what I want them for is for building block sprites, where would you guys suggest getting a good starter collection for cheaper than amazon maybe?

EDIT: Also, will probably collect all of the Marvel lego everything, im a big collector of everything Marvel.

#3204 strangelove   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

strangelove

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

I FOUND lego minifigures series 11 today.   Said nobody.

#3205 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9230 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Bricks and More builders of tomorrow)

That looks like the best deal to me.  You can go to brick set.com and they will show you exactly what the pieces are.

#3206 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4926 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

I usually just throw the extra pieces away ...

#3207 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3090 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

I noticed that those stupid lego chima speedorz are 70% off at my Target. It looks like they are getting rid of them as they don't have any in the regular aisle

#3208 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5143 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

Made a trek to the LEGO store yesterday.  I thought I recall someone here mentioning they saw the new Minecraft sets out so I asked about it.  The chick was clueless.  

her: "No there's only one Minecraft set"

me: "there's an official press release with photos and everything on the net.  They're supposed to be out soon."

her: "there's all kinds of things on the internet but we haven't been told anything and I haven't see them."

Super knowledgeable employees are a thing of the past.  It's a shame.

Ended up just getting a couple $15 cups full from the brick wall.

#3209 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9230 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

Made a trek to the LEGO store yesterday.  I thought I recall someone here mentioning they saw the new Minecraft sets out so I asked about it.  The chick was clueless.  

her: "No there's only one Minecraft set"

me: "there's an official press release with photos and everything on the net.  They're supposed to be out soon."

her: "there's all kinds of things on the internet but we haven't been told anything and I haven't see them."

Super knowledgeable employees are a thing of the past.  It's a shame.

Ended up just getting a couple $15 cups full from the brick wall.

My favorite is you have all these forums reporting news that they heard that we are getting Scooby Doo sets, and that there will no longer be prequel Star Wars sets again, that LEGO now owns Star Wars so the license will never expire and all kinds of crap because that's what the minimum wage cashier told them at their store.

They are idiots unless somewhere there goes on Brickset and shows them.  :lol:

#3210 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1924 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

I picked up the lawn mower poly at TRU a little while ago. Cool little set!