* * * * * 10 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#4261 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6801 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Anyone hit target for the advertised "50% off you clearance"?

#4262 Meow mix   10 million hours!!! CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:14 AM

What is the advertisement exactly and how does it work?

#4263 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Toys R Us had a single Castle Cavalry and I snapped it up since I am a fan of Kingdoms/Castle.  I like the main build which is why I actually bought it.  I have only built the podracer thing since I only have one set but I will definitely be grabbing a few to expand my 2013 Castle sets since it overall just fits the whole theme very well.  

It was a fun build and has some neat little design tricks to make the parts fit together that I hadn't thought of before and the scale fits the other Castle sets too so that is a definite plus.  I already have some neat ideas but now I kind of want to build an evil army variant. My problem with the set though is that there are a few specialized pieces that disappoint me like the L-shaped 4block tall lion stone and the tower pieces since they don't offer any room for making it fatter.    I should also mention that Sharon Shoehorn and the little evil robot thing aren't that interesting to me and I may just use the brick for parts and do something else with Shoehorn.  

This set fits very well with the castle theme so I would definitely get one if you like that.

#4264 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Anyone hit target for the advertised "50% off you clearance"?

15% more like it.  Lone Ranger stuff was clearanced as well as a couple of other sets here and there, but my store is so wiped out it wasn't worth it.  I did luck out as I found a Forest Police station that someone returned (still sealed) which was $25 when I scanned it!

Nothing at Walmart...not much left there either.

#4265 lordopus99   Training for the silver CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

lordopus99

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Clearance sales suck.  It might be the end of good clearance pricing.

My Walmart refuses to put Lego products in their clearance.  Heck one of the locations still have sets that have retired. 

My Targets 15% off Lone Ranger, 1 Star Wars set (Cannon), and a few city sets.  One location had the Lord of the Rings Battle at Helm Deep for a whooping 8 dollars off.  My targets were pretty empty to begin with.

My Kmart sent off all clearance to a location in the ghetto.  supposedly, another close store did the exact same.

Lego store... My hopes weren't high... thank goodness since the discounts weren't that great; let alone the selection.

#4266 brotterr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Picking up a MKII for $100 on craigslist

#4267 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Clearance sales suck.  It might be the end of good clearance pricing.

I think it's the end of B&M clearance, but it's been that way for years with me.  However this year online sales before Christmas were so much I had to stop myself.  Lone Ranger Colby City was 48% off, the GS first wave sets were 50% at Target.  Amazon had like every set 30%-40% off.

#4268 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3059 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

I think it's the end of B&M clearance, but it's been that way for years with me. However this year online sales before Christmas were so much I had to stop myself. Lone Ranger Colby City was 48% off, the GS first wave sets were 50% at Target. Amazon had like every set 30%-40% off.

That was my experience too. It was nice with the sales because it was a lot less running around hunting like with clearance.

#4269 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:55 AM

Hey are there any lego sets exclusive to Germany?  Got a friend studying abroad over there and want to see if there is anything I cant get in the states.

#4270 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

They got more board games than us, including a Star Wars one.

#4271 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9854 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

Series 4 Star Wars planets!

#4272 aunt beast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

aunt beast

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hey are there any lego sets exclusive to Germany?  Got a friend studying abroad over there and want to see if there is anything I cant get in the states.

maybe something like this?

http://www.brickset..../?query=germany

#4273 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

Toys R Us B1G1 40% Chima, Star Wars and...

wait for it...

TECHNIC!

Thats new.

#4274 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3405 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

My Target had a few decent clearance items (Edgewood, Atlanta, Georgia) including the Fire Cargo Plane for 40 and the Ghost Train for 60. I'd bet they will probably drop one more round. Things were extremely limited though. Also, did anyone see minifigs clearanced? Our store only has the Green Ones (series 10?) and since they are already old I figured Target may drop them to 2 bucks.

#4275 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9854 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

I picked up Pri Vizlia (sp) Mandalorian Fighter for $32 at the Lego store, I think this set is on it's way out.

#4276 elessar123  

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

My Target had a few decent clearance items (Edgewood, Atlanta, Georgia) including the Fire Cargo Plane for 40 and the Ghost Train for 60. I'd bet they will probably drop one more round. Things were extremely limited though. Also, did anyone see minifigs clearanced? Our store only has the Green Ones (series 10?) and since they are already old I figured Target may drop them to 2 bucks.

The Ghost Train was cheaper than that at Walmart a year ago. I think it was $54 for months. As for minifigs, all the Targets I went to for candy the day after Christmas was all out of them, so there's little chance I'll see a clearance for them.

#4277 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Courtesy of slickdeals, yoyo.com is having a sale with some decent items available to anyone:

GS Galactic Titan $54 after coupon

SH Battle of Smallville $32 after coupon

Chima Gorilla Striker $32 after coupon

Coupon is TOYSALE20 and works for me, so no first-time-customer BS.

#4278 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

The thing is months ago the Ghost Train was $54 everywhere and the Cargo plane was $38 for awhile on Target and Amazon.  Amazon is spoiling us or maybe the B&M deals just suck.   :lol:

Courtesy of slickdeals, yoyo.com is having a sale with some decent items available to anyone:

GS Galactic Titan $54 after coupon

SH Battle of Smallville $32 after coupon

Chima Gorilla Striker $32 after coupon

Coupon is TOYSALE20 and works for me, so no first-time-customer BS.

What?  No new customer bullshit?!?!  I do love that Titan set but I really need to save money.

They also have a $70, 664 piece Chima set with four wolves, a gorilla, and an eagle for $35.

http://www.yoyo.com/...ir-70009-807682

#4279 brock Samson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

brock Samson

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

That's my local Target!  I live just down Dekalb Industrial in Inman Park.  I was there and picked up the fire helicopter for $17.xx on Sunday.  They also had the LOTR pirate ship for $70 but I was hoping for another markdown.  I was able to get the Krang for $1.19 which was a nice deal.  The monster sets have been sitting there forever with no markdown and they start them with 15% which was a joke.  

The series 8/9/10/11/12 all share the same dpci so there will be no markdowns on those.

#4280 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

I got the new catalog and magazine today, I really don't get the pricing.  There is one $20 set that is only a cop car and two motorcycles with 110, yet a $30 set with a cop SVU, bad guy truck, and tiny building with 249 pieces for $30.  Then a movie set with only robot cop and Emmet with a future police car for $30 that has 314 pieces.  Right underneath it two crazy mechs, three mini figures and 412 pieces for $35.

#4281 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1900 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Yeah I got the catalog over the weekend too and its the second one in a row without a coupon. Though nowadays the coupons not really good for all that much.

Got five of the TMNT polys for 75% off at Target. Haven't been hitting the stores hard but not seeing much in the ways of clearance anywhere

#4282 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3405 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

That's my local Target!  I live just down Dekalb Industrial in Inman Park.  I was there and picked up the fire helicopter for $17.xx on Sunday.  They also had the LOTR pirate ship for $70 but I was hoping for another markdown.  I was able to get the Krang for $1.19 which was a nice deal.  The monster sets have been sitting there forever with no markdown and they start them with 15% which was a joke.  

The series 8/9/10/11/12 all share the same dpci so there will be no markdowns on those.

I would have loved that but my 5 year old, who only does city right now already has half of the new stuff to build from his grandparents that spoil him rotten.

I've eyeballed the Ghost Train forever because like you said, they have been there for months. I'm hoping it will make it to 40. I got the haunted mansion at a flea market for 100 (I've never seen it on sale) and we put it in a hollowed out TV we have for Halloween. I'd like to accessorize it but the Ghost Train may not be a good fit anyway.

Weird about the minifigs but considering stores get random assortments ( I still see 8 in some stores) I guess it makes sense.

My wife and I also picked up the Fire Brigade at the Stone Crest store since it's now OOP. Does anyone know which modular is next on the chopping block? We love those building and don't want to pay marked up collector prices down the road.

#4283 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2032 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

If anyone finds the LotR Orc Forge set at a Lego shop for the 27.98 markdown, please buy one for me! :D. Came up to NYC for New Years but the store here is a nightmare, I fought through it but didn't see any unfortunately.

#4284 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:42 AM

I would have loved that but my 5 year old, who only does city right now already has half of the new stuff to build from his grandparents that spoil him rotten.

I've eyeballed the Ghost Train forever because like you said, they have been there for months. I'm hoping it will make it to 40. I got the haunted mansion at a flea market for 100 (I've never seen it on sale) and we put it in a hollowed out TV we have for Halloween. I'd like to accessorize it but the Ghost Train may not be a good fit anyway.

Weird about the minifigs but considering stores get random assortments ( I still see 8 in some stores) I guess it makes sense.

My wife and I also picked up the Fire Brigade at the Stone Crest store since it's now OOP. Does anyone know which modular is next on the chopping block? We love those building and don't want to pay marked up collector prices down the road.

Grand Emporium was the next release after Fire Brigade so that should be the next retiree.

#4285 blandstalker   I am Irrelevant Bitching CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

blandstalker

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:34 AM

You guys weren't kidding.  Worst Target Christmas clearance ever.

I went to five stores today.  All of them had plenty of Lego sets and at least something on clearance, but most of it sucked.  One or two items per store at most.

Store #1: small GS sets.  They had a City and SW Advent calendar....at full price.  Picked up 3 TMNT Krang polys.

Store #2: LR Mine for $58 (ouch), LOTR Council of Elrond for 18.98, GS Warp Stinger for 20.98.  Krang polys!

Store #3: Krang polys!

Store #4: I found Attack of the Wargs and the Old Republic Starfighter!  And they were MSRP!  Crap!

Store #5: small GS sets and a whole lotta nothin'

I've been wanting to pay $40 for a Ghost Train for over a year now.  Never seen it.  Didn't see any Ghost Trains today at any price.  No Monster Hunters at all, now that I think about it.

A couple of stores didn't even have clearance aisles -- just a mixture of endcap and in-place clearance items.  There were plenty of Lego sets but very few of them were on clearance, and no big or major sets. 

Clearance was also inconsistent.  The one consistent thing seemed to be the GS sets from the Warp Stinger pricepoint and under were on clearance, but nothing bigger.  The LR Mine was on clearance at one Target, but not at others. 

#4286 elessar123  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:37 AM

I got the new catalog and magazine today, I really don't get the pricing.  There is one $20 set that is only a cop car and two motorcycles with 110, yet a $30 set with a cop SVU, bad guy truck, and tiny building with 249 pieces for $30.  Then a movie set with only robot cop and Emmet with a future police car for $30 that has 314 pieces.  Right underneath it two crazy mechs, three mini figures and 412 pieces for $35.

I saw the catalog in my stack of mail after you said this and looked through. It only makes sense if the $20 set with 110 pieces was mispriced. Because the $30 set has the same amount of minifigs, plus what looks like 2 dogs, and about 100 more pieces. If the 110 piece was supposed to be $12.99, the whole thing makes more sense.

#4287 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

I saw the catalog in my stack of mail after you said this and looked through. It only makes sense if the $20 set with 110 pieces was mispriced. Because the $30 set has the same amount of minifigs, plus what looks like 2 dogs, and about 100 more pieces. If the 110 piece was supposed to be $12.99, the whole thing makes more sense.

But it's not.  There was this years Coast Guard set that has like 114 pieces and $20 when you can get any of the $20 trucks with an other mini figure or two and 100 more pieces.

It makes no sense, it's worse than Star wars pricing.  There is a Police hideout and helicopter set for $75 and only 528 pieces when The LEGO Movie has two sets with more or equal mini figures and 738 and 859 for only $70.  I just don't get it.

#4288 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9854 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

Did Lego relocate their headquarters to Israel?

#4289 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3059 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

I really like that helicopter but not at that price. I know there will be deals but since I almost never pay Msrp thanks to this thread the starting point is a turnoff. Meanwhile the friends sets kick the city sets' butt.

#4290 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3405 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

But it's not.  There was this years Coast Guard set that has like 114 pieces and $20 when you can get any of the $20 trucks with an other mini figure or two and 100 more pieces.

It makes no sense, it's worse than Star wars pricing.  There is a Police hideout and helicopter set for $75 and only 528 pieces when The LEGO Movie has two sets with more or equal mini figures and 738 and 859 for only $70.  I just don't get it.

It's always been like that to me. The modular sets have over 2,000 pieces on average and are twice as big as the largest standard sets. and yet they only cost 50 dollars more. The biggest thing keeping me from starting up Star Wars sets with me son is the pricing. Only the larger sets seem interesting and they are all on the higher side of price. I think the only way I'll start now is if I slowly accumulate some through clearance.