* * * * * 10 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#12001 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4105 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

Anyone know if the Lego retail stores still have the Tydirium Shuttle?  I didn't get it when it was on sale at Target and now it seems to be sold out everywhere.  I got one at Walmart for $90 just in case since it seemed to be my only option.

fs_overall.png

#12002 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9299 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:39 PM

I think I saw one at the store the other day, your best bet is to call your local store and hold one for you if they still have one.

#12003 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3055 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

Was in Walmart yesterday and they had a display of all the Lego movies with "up to" $5-8 off Lego Batman Movie tickets. The DC DVDs with minifigs were $7.50, which seems like a good deal if you're into that sorta thing.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#12004 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8602 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

Was in Walmart yesterday and they had a display of all the Lego movies with "up to" $5-8 off Lego Batman Movie tickets. The DC DVDs with minifigs were $7.50, which seems like a good deal if you're into that sorta thing.

That's not too bad of a deal. They have been $6.50 to $7.50 recent. I need to get myself the Jokester.

The LEGO Club Magazine came in, under my name and not my fake child's. :lol: It has a poster in it (which is why I want a physical copy) of Doctor Strange on one side and Trump's America on the other.

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free… but only if you are Christian."

#12005 AlanSaysYo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

AlanSaysYo

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

That's not too bad of a deal. They have been $6.50 to $7.50 recent. I need to get myself the Jokester.

The LEGO Club Magazine came in, under my name and not my fake child's. :lol: It has a poster in it (which is why I want a physical copy) of Doctor Strange on one side and Trump's America on the other.

My son had me put the Dr Strange poster on his door. Now I can't remember what was on the other side...

#12006 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4105 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

They stopped sending me the magazine, probably because it was under my name. I'll have to sign up my son.

fs_overall.png

#12007 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2724 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

They upgraded my youngest to the standard Club magazine instead of the junior one. Or maybe they discontinued the junior?

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#12008 Madzane  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:46 AM

OK odd question. Has anyone had to contact Lego for a missing piece? My son and I were building the Wall-E ideas set this week and one of the eyepieces is missing. I've also heard Wall-E has another issue, the neck pivot maybe? The set is older at this point, is there anything I need to provide to get proper parts? Thanks.

#12009 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8602 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:54 AM

OK odd question. Has anyone had to contact Lego for a missing piece? My son and I were building the Wall-E ideas set this week and one of the eyepieces is missing. I've also heard Wall-E has another issue, the neck pivot maybe? The set is older at this point, is there anything I need to provide to get proper parts? Thanks.

Not at odd question at all, LEGO still has the best costumer service.

https://www.lego.com...eplacementparts
You type in the set number and look for the piece you are missing. If the piece isn't in the list you go to the back of the Wall-e instructions, every piece is listed and you just type in the number.

You probably can email them about that Wall-e issue at the same time. If it's a new produced Wall-e I think it comes with the correction to stabilize the head. Or at least I hope, I got one for Christmas.

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free… but only if you are Christian."

#12010 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:24 AM

Wow did the TRU tax go up or something? I couldn't find a single new set that wasn't ridiculously overpriced. Usually they put out at least some stuff at MSRP. Luckily krypto is available in other sets.

#12011 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8602 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:22 AM

Wow did the TRU tax go up or something? I couldn't find a single new set that wasn't ridiculously overpriced. Usually they put out at least some stuff at MSRP. Luckily krypto is available in other sets.

If you want that polybag you get it free Feb 15-23 (Check those dates might be off) with and DC Girls Super Hero set at LEGO Stores.

#12012 180husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2251 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:32 AM

Yep, now it averages about 25%.  :bs: 

Posted Image

#12013 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1507 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:26 AM

Anyone know if the Lego retail stores still have the Tydirium Shuttle?  I didn't get it when it was on sale at Target and now it seems to be sold out everywhere.  I got one at Walmart for $90 just in case since it seemed to be my only option.

TRU is worth a check, they always carry older sets however they may have a TRU tax on them but it's worth it if it's an older, harder to find set. Brickseek will tell you if any Walmarts or Targets have them. Also Barnes and Noble is always good for some older sets. Amazon has it through some third parties for $108 which is basically the TRU price.

Got the little City roadster poly at Target the other day.

#12014 Madzane  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

Not at odd question at all, LEGO still has the best costumer service.https://www.lego.com...eplacementparts
You type in the set number and look for the piece you are missing. If the piece isn't in the list you go to the back of the Wall-e instructions, every piece is listed and you just type in the number.
You probably can email them about that Wall-e issue at the same time. If it's a new produced Wall-e I think it comes with the correction to stabilize the head. Or at least I hope, I got one for Christmas.

Thanks, definitely less hassle than I expected. Our set was from about a year ago (just now got to it), from what I'm seeing we'll have to get the pieces to correct it.

#12015 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8602 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

Thanks, definitely less hassle than I expected. Our set was from about a year ago (just now got to it), from what I'm seeing we'll have to get the pieces to correct it.

From what I've read it seems as long as you didn't buy it Aug-Sept of 2015 you should be okay. But we shall see.

And continuing our talk of how money hungry LEGO is. They retire the pirates chess set, which had two dozen 'expensive' to make mini figures to replace whttp://images.bricks.../40174-1.jpgith a new Chess set, that's probably the same cost and has ZERO mini figures.

40174-1.jpg

I'm hopeful it will be cheaper, but let's be real, it won't.

#12016 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2724 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Just call Lego and ask for the replacement neck kit. That's what I did and they sent me a bag of parts with an instruction addendum. I'm assuming they still have more of those kits available.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#12017 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1869 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

Yes, probably about five times over the past seven years. It's very simple.

#12018 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4105 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

There are some cheap keychains at S@H:

https://shop.lego.co...=productType_id

edit: Emmet, WyldStyle, and Bad Cop are actually $.99 when you add to cart!

fs_overall.png

#12019 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6589 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

High speed passenger train for $22.54, yes please. Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel was "half" off $64.98

IMG_9942.JPG IMG_9944.JPG IMG_9941.JPG

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#12020 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4105 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:13 PM

^^ Your post made me check target.com and it looks like they have the train in stock again.  I contacted Target and it looks like they are going to honor the $84.xx price from December since they cancelled it!  Not as great as your $22, but can't complain.

fs_overall.png

#12021 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8602 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

There are some cheap keychains at S@H:

https://shop.lego.co...=productType_id

edit: Emmet, WyldStyle, and Bad Cop are actually $.99 when you add to cart!

Too bad there isn't free shipping, I do enjoy cheap keychains. I got a Toy Story alien, Batman's Scarecrow and Penguin. Sadly I lost the awesome Toy Story alien in a park during a lunar eclipse. 

#12022 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8602 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

3tee9bI.jpg

The last one was better. I'm still sad Walmart screwed me over by selling me a copy of the last one missing all the mini figures and the small ship.

#12023 elessar123  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

Mine was minty for some reason.

elessar123.pnggpOYCAm.jpg

#12024 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8602 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

You can save 20% off any item at BN.com with code... 
3N32VQM1FRV51

Doesn't Include LEGO because LEGO isn't everything, but does include LEGO books with mini figures.

#12025 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8602 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted Today, 03:45 AM

ZzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz

Anyone home? :)

S@H has a bunch of mini figures keychains for half off, you get the free Nexo polybag if you pick up a $2.50 keychain. Santa is $5 and same with the cool little wedding set that has been $10, $8, $6, $10, $8, $10, $5 in the last three months. And the Guess Who set with 550+ pieces and 16 mini figures is $25.

#12026 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9299 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:36 AM

Nobody cares about LEGO, everyone has become a Nintendo switch speculator/ market analysis.

#12027 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8602 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted Today, 02:20 PM

Nobody cares about LEGO, everyone has become a Nintendo switch speculator/ market analysis.

It's an overprice Wii U with even fewer games. There, I summed it up. Be happy to play Mario on the PS5 in 2022.

#12028 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   2809 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:22 PM

Yeah, what I learned abut the Switch is that there is no reason to buy it for at least a year after launch. I will be picking up Zelda for my Wii U and I'll be happy enough with that.

metsfan754.png

#12029 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8602 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted Today, 02:41 PM

Nintendo should just give a Switch to all 10 people who bought a Wii U.

It's amazing to me how the teaser was so great and everyone was so excited for the system, there were rumors of 15-20 launch games, a Mario / Rayman hybrid game, several ports to fill the system out some more... and we get overpriced controllers and a $50 'game' of 1 2 Switch that should be a free demo.

But the port of a 5 year old LEGO City Undercover might have Nintendo exclusive ideas in it! So that's one step closer to Nintendo LEGOs right?!