* * * * * 10 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#13201 Madzane  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

Seems like area Walmarts had another clearance drop on toys. I was able to pick up the Ultimate Batmobile for $70 ( and a few super cheap Destiny Mega Bloks), doubt it was going to hit lower. Several stores in the surrounding area were listed on brickseek for the same.

#13202 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9592 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:54 AM

Who's getting the MF? I read on tbf that there's may be an incentive to buying it early, may include some early access to something next year. I wish it had a first edition print on it again, would make it easier to purchase. I did see the ninjago city up close, really cool looking set, its pretty massive. The pictures don't do it any justice, for the price it's really not bad.

#13203 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3023 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

Not me. $800 is insane.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#13204 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

$800 is a lot to spend for that set. My bigger concern would be finding a place to put that monster.

#13205 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

I want it, depends if it's available after the first night, waiting on overtime paycheck next week

#13206 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5119 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:10 AM

Who's getting the MF? I read on tbf that there's may be an incentive to buying it early, may include some early access to something next year. 

So spending $800 now might give me access to spend more money next year?  LEGO is the best!

#13207 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3023 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:05 AM

So spending $800 now might give me EARLY access to spend more money next year? LEGO is the best!

Fixed it. Everyone will probably have access. You'd just get it sooner. Yay?
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#13208 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9007 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:22 PM

Saw the new UCS Falcon in person today... god-damned enormous. Still can't believe it doesn't come with like 30 minifigs though. Someone else suggested one for every character to step inside it on screen, right? I like that idea.

I suggested that. LEGO fans are so brainwashed I was being attacked on Facebook for saying the set should at least come with a Luke. People actually defending LEGO not giving us more minifigures, it's silly.

$800 is a lot to spend for that set. My bigger concern would be finding a place to put that monster.

You stick it in the closest and wait 5 years, then sell it for $3,000. I'm certain that's what 90% of buyers will be doing.

''Thank God one day Trump is going to die. That is guaranteed. That is awesome." - Donald Glover

#13209 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3039 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

Who's getting the MF? I read on tbf that there's may be an incentive to buying it early, may include some early access to something next year. I wish it had a first edition print on it again, would make it easier to purchase. I did see the ninjago city up close, really cool looking set, its pretty massive. The pictures don't do it any justice, for the price it's really not bad.

Ninjago City and Destiny's Bounty are 7100 pieces and a combined 460 so that makes the MF a $360 markup for an additional 500 pieces. I'm sure the boat will be on sale as well since it's carried by Target.

#13210 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

You stick it in the closest and wait 5 years, then sell it for $3,000. I'm certain that's what 90% of buyers will be doing.

It will only be worth that much until Lego decides to re-release the UCS MF again.

#13211 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9007 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

Does anyone here work at Walmart? I'm wondering if the NinjaGo Minifigures and Series 17 share the same SKU or if Employees are stupid and counted the 130 NinjaGo ones as Series 17. The Walmart I was at had 150 NinjaGo ones and zero Series 17, but Brickseek said they have 125.

It will only be worth that much until Lego decides to re-release the UCS MF again.

They will release it again in 10 years for Star Wars' 50th. It will have 300,000 pieces and cost $25,000. What I find really funny is sometime next year for the Han Solo movie I'm certain we will get a new Falcon with 'blue' markings on it for $175 to replace the episode 7 one.

Ninjago City and Destiny's Bounty are 7100 pieces and a combined 460 so that makes the MF a $360 markup for an additional 500 pieces. I'm sure the boat will be on sale as well since it's carried by Target.

You also get three times the minifigures with those two NinjaGo sets. Add the temple that's always $80 if you need grey pieces and that's several hundred more pieces than the Falcon for $550. Plus you can buy the NinjaGo sets separately and then get more 'free' promos which you can sell on eBay for $150.

http://www.ebay.com/...Z4AAOSws1ZZsG3T

''Thank God one day Trump is going to die. That is guaranteed. That is awesome." - Donald Glover

#13212 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3039 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

You also get three times the minifigures with those two NinjaGo sets. Add the temple that's always $80 if you need grey pieces and that's several hundred more pieces than the Falcon for $550. Plus you can buy the NinjaGo sets separately and then get more 'free' promos which you can sell on eBay for $150.

Lol, I'm such an amateur CAG. The MF debacle makes me think that either there's a healthy number of AFOLs ready to be gouged and these UCS sets are going to be the new normal or this was the old Lego that's being done away with so that we start seeing a more sincere effort to make high end sets that are actually worth it.

#13213 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9007 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

Lol, I'm such an amateur CAG. The MF debacle makes me think that either there's a healthy number of AFOLs ready to be gouged and these UCS sets are going to be the new normal or this was the old Lego that's being done away with so that we start seeing a more sincere effort to make high end sets that are actually worth it.

AFOLS are ready to be gouged. 15ish years ago when I was in middle school and high school there was a 'big' LEGO site at the time called LUGGET (Or something like that.) it was pretty much just rich people bragging about how they spend tens of thousands of dollars on LEGOs every year, it was insane.

That was before LEGO made big sets. It started with big Star Wars set 1-2 a year, then a Modular, then maybe a Creator vehicle set. There were only a few a year. Now there is one big exclusive set every month, they started introducing two a month. There are fans of these things, just go to Brickiest or Eurobricks and see. The bigger LEGO places have more crazy fans and I avoid those.

But there is a market for this. In 2014 or 2015 LEGO released the most profitable sets, not the best selling, just most profitable. They were big sets like the Friends Hotel and one of the older Police Stations because LEGO gouges you on it. Since then $100 sets became $150 and we are getting more and more.

It's why I'm thrilled LEGO sales are down a little and they seem to be panicking, they have had three CEOs this year I think. Maybe they will get their heads out of their asses and get back to normal. 

#13214 elessar123  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:11 PM

Na, in 5 years, Lego will come out with a $2000 version that's twice as big.

Spoiler

#13215 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3023 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

...Plus you can buy the NinjaGo sets separately and then get more 'free' promos which you can sell on eBay for $150.

I had no idea the Gingerbread house was going for that much. Really tempted to unload mine.

#13216 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4283 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

Holy crap! I still have an extra sealed Gingerbread House. MF is one step closer lol.

Looks like all the winter sets have gone up in value.  If I sell my sealed Bakery, Cottage, Gingerbread House, and Toy Shop, I'll have "almost" enough to not have to pay out of pocket.

fs_overall.png

#13217 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3023 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

Holy crap! I still have an extra sealed Gingerbread House. MF is one step closer lol.

Looks like all the winter sets have gone up in value.  If I sell my sealed Bakery, Cottage, Gingerbread House, and Toy Shop, I'll have "almost" enough to not have to pay out of pocket.

Yeah, but WV > MF (unless these are sealed dupes)

ETA: i09 has a building timelapse of the new MF

https://io9.gizmodo....-fal-1803135907

#13218 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4283 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, but WV > MF (unless these are sealed dupes)

ETA: i09 has a building timelapse of the new MF

https://io9.gizmodo....-fal-1803135907

Yep, all sealed dupes. For a while, I was buying 2 of each.

fs_overall.png

#13219 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9007 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

I don't have a gingerbread house, but last I knew they were going for $50, some to $75. Now I wish I just placed several $100+ orders, like the modulars, and get the sets free and actually make a profit.

What I don't get is you can build the freebie with basic pieces, probably less than $30 worth. Lego people are crazy.

There was a time when Amazon had Cafe Corner and the second one for $95 and $112 respectively. I didn't buy them.... now I wish I have bought two. It's the main reason I have the Pet Shop, $120 and I got a free snow globe.

Newbie LEGO peeps....

IMG-20170913-WA0000-1280x720%5B1330%5D.jThat's the line outside of the London LEGO Store as people wait for the Midnight release of a $800 box of plastic. Next week they will wait in line for an $1,800 fucking phone.

Hey Trump! Let the nukes fly, I'm done with this civilization. 

#13220 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4283 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

I don't have a gingerbread house, but last I knew they were going for $50, some to $75. Now I wish I just placed several $100+ orders, like the modulars, and get the sets free and actually make a profit.

What I don't get is you can build the freebie with basic pieces, probably less than $30 worth. Lego people are crazy.

There was a time when Amazon had Cafe Corner and the second one for $95 and $112 respectively. I didn't buy them.... now I wish I have bought two. It's the main reason I have the Pet Shop, $120 and I got a free snow globe.

It's always a gamble though.  I still have an extra sealed Tumbler and X-Wing that I thought for sure would sky rocket after they were retired, but they're still pretty close to MSRP.

fs_overall.png

#13221 elessar123  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:44 PM

I got like 4-5 Gingerbread houses...

Spoiler

#13222 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:56 PM

It's always a gamble though. I still have an extra sealed Tumbler and X-Wing that I thought for sure would sky rocket after they were retired, but they're still pretty close to MSRP.

Lego seems to release updated sets all of the time. I would think twice about investing money in Lego sets for profit.

#13223 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4283 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

Lego seems to release updated sets all of the time. I would think twice about investing money in Lego sets for profit.

Yeah the newer sets definitely don't appreciate like the older sets did.

fs_overall.png

#13224 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5119 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:26 PM

Probably because the older sets weren't overpriced to begin with.

#13225 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9592 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:41 PM

Isn't the London store getting signatures from the designers, I thought I read that somewhere.

I have $140 in VIP points, only reason I'm considering it, or I'll get ninjago city.

#13226 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:30 AM

Market saturation doesn't help either. My guess is that there will be many times the number produced for this UCS MF compared to the original one.

#13227 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9592 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:20 AM

I don't think it helps that so many are doing it for investment purposes, I think that's what drives up the price for LEGO as well.

#13228 encendido5   Let's Go Mets!!! CAGiversary!   4283 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:26 AM

I don't think it helps that so many are doing it for investment purposes, I think that's what drives up the price for LEGO as well.

It's like the comic books and baseball cards of the 90s

fs_overall.png

#13229 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9592 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:00 AM

Lol... ultra deck was out of my price range but topps, fleer, and donruss were right in price range.

#13230 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:40 AM

Exactly. How many comics from the 90's are actually worth a significant amount of money? New Mutants #98 is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.