* * * * * 10 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#13291 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, isn't it only at the Downtown Disney store?

I was in Orlando for the summer and learnt about the discount at disney spring. I really do hope it can work online lol.

maydayofhighbury.png

#13292 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8998 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

was trying to find the answer online but got no result... Does anybody know how to apply the disney annual passholders 10% discount on lego.com? or is it in disney lego stores only?

It's impossible to do online, but you might be able to call it in, but I doubt it.

''Thank God one day Trump is going to die. That is guaranteed. That is awesome." - Donald Glover

#13293 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9587 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

Doesn't work on premium sets, if they carry it at the world I'd Disney store that may be possible.

#13294 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted Yesterday, 02:38 PM

Someone in this thread is now the owner of the UCS MF...

My local Lego store got a second shipment of 10 this morning. I called them yesterday to see if they would be getting any in, so it was just luck.

I went to the mall at 7am and 5 people were already in line, so I was sure I would get it.

#13295 michaema   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:30 PM

Someone in this thread is now the owner of the UCS MF...

My local Lego store got a second shipment of 10 this morning. I called them yesterday to see if they would be getting any in, so it was just luck.

I went to the mall at 7am and 5 people were already in line, so I was sure I would get it.

Are you a builder or an investor?

#13296 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted Yesterday, 07:16 PM

Are you a builder or an investor?

I'm an investor, but only in stocks.

I plan on building this with my kids over the holiday and making a coffee table to display it. Life's too short not to enjoy nice things that you can afford to!

#13297 michaema   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:41 PM

I'm an investor, but only in stocks.

I plan on building this with my kids over the holiday and making a coffee table to display it. Life's too short not to enjoy nice things that you can afford to!

Very cool... please post pics when it's done! Would love to see the end results. Congrats btw!

#13298 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 PM

Very cool... please post pics when it's done! Would love to see the end results. Congrats btw!

Thanks. I definitely will. I should get the coffee table in a few weeks, but I have to modify it to get what I need. The glass bottom and top doesn't have a 9" clearance for the MF, so I'll have to make my own wood end caps. Then I'll have to cut the legs of the table to adjust for the increased height of the display and cut some glass for the sides to enclose it.

I'll probably start building it either on the weekends with my kids or wait until Christmas.

But I'll definitely unbox it tonight and take some pictures.

#13299 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9587 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 PM

At least the bags are numbered unlike the last one.

#13300 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted Yesterday, 08:04 PM

I'm not sure what year they started numbering the bags, but I was pleasantly surprised the first time I opened a box and saw it. It sure makes organizing things much easier and saves a lot of time compared to the original method of dumping all the bags out to sort.

#13301 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8998 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted Yesterday, 08:05 PM

Nexo Knights 2018. I see alose in LEGOs future. The Nexo Knights vehicles are as ugly as ever. But the black figures look cool for army building.

https://www.reddit.c...xo_knights_set/

''Thank God one day Trump is going to die. That is guaranteed. That is awesome." - Donald Glover

#13302 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted Today, 01:24 AM

When I just picked it up.

JPsmDQF.jpg

Out of the double box.

13EXkRy.jpg

Don't do it.

S2lNW8T.jpg

Get the knife.

D6vevpL.jpg

#13303 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted Today, 01:27 AM

There's a quarter in the binding for scale. 6.5 lbs. of goodness.

NzjLsKB.jpg

What's in the boxes?

j9PjvrL.jpg

7500+ pieces!

VRxuyyJ.jpg

17 groups of bags. Multiple bags per group!!!

xEGOD3B.jpg

#13304 Tinmanofsteel1   Banana CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Tinmanofsteel1

Posted Today, 06:09 AM

Just found this thread on this site. I wish I still had the time and money to collect Legos like the old days 

#13305 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted Today, 11:51 AM

It's never too late to get back in. I just started collecting again about 2 years ago.

Although your wallet may not want you to get back in!

#13306 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3033 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:04 PM

Just found this thread on this site. I wish I still had the time and money to collect Legos like the old days 

Only 800 bucks a set, what are you complaining about?

#13307 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   8998 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted Today, 09:59 PM

eBay. I stopped paying full price for LEGO a long time ago. I'm hopeful to get the NinjaGo Movie figures for $50 when they retail for $80 plus tax.

I just bought 4 of these for $4.25 when I bought one for that price not long ago. (They are missing the ice hands but I don't like them anyways.)

character_image_1488x838_icequeen.png?l.

The LEGO market is really starting to fall apart, which makes me happy. It's why I only buy sets I don't mind if I can't resell down the road.

#13308 elessar123  

Posted Today, 10:14 PM

I never bought to invest (save for maybe 1-2 modulars), so my purchases fell off a cliff when HP and LotR sets went away.

Spoiler