* * * * * 10 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#13321 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:46 AM

I'm just hoping for fewer vehicular based sets.  What that leaves, I don't have a clue.... but the folks at LEGO are a creative bunch.  

Clearly that would be an $80 set containing one minifigure, one dinosaur and an overpriced wall.

LEGO wlil then fire 4,000 people next year after sales don't meet expectations.

''Thank God one day Trump is going to die. That is guaranteed. That is awesome." - Donald Glover

#13322 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3129 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

Well this is interesting....

70922 The Joker Manor, 3,444 pieces

70922-1.jpg?201709260257

#13323 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

Yeah I meant to post that random set. I don't see the need for it, but once again, it's just LEGO for the 1%. Then LEGO wonders why their sales are down. Stop making 50 $300 sets a year! No one can afford several of these. 

I'm a little annoyed that looks like a new coaster piece. They don't have that for the Friends set, but I'm sure we will get a $250 Creator Roller Coaster next year.

And before I become Mr. Negative, at least the set is well designed. Better than the horrible Batcave. But I don't even remember this from the movie. Also 9 fucking minifigures. You could buy three of these for the price of the Falcon, and more minifigures and more exclusive minifigures. (But the Falcon one has Han and Leia with gas mask heads!)

''Thank God one day Trump is going to die. That is guaranteed. That is awesome." - Donald Glover

#13324 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3129 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

Yeah I meant to post that random set. I don't see the need for it, but once again, it's just LEGO for the 1%. Then LEGO wonders why their sales are down. Stop making 50 $300 sets a year! No one can afford several of these. 

I'm a little annoyed that looks like a new coaster piece. They don't have that for the Friends set, but I'm sure we will get a $250 Creator Roller Coaster next year.

All of this is true. While It looks like they snapped together Arkham Asylum and Jokerland I think the worse offense is just how quickly they are crapping these sets out now. I think like the 1960's Batcave this thing will see serious discounts before it disappears. Even worse, having really interesting functional pieces like coaster pieces instead of some weird 1x2  will just irritate people who actually like to build things with their imagination.

#13325 elessar123  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

I like it, but I can't imagine what I'd ever do with it.

The only thing that would be cool if some office had the mansion on display, and switches to Jokerland every halloween or something.

Spoiler

#13326 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

Is Ninjago Movie City (the mall) only available through Lego? I'm thinking of getting it for my kids for Christmas. It would be a combo gift that I would have my brother and sister chip in for.

#13327 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

I think the worse offense is just how quickly they are crapping these sets out now. 

Yeah. 10 years ago we had one Cafe Corner and one Star Wars set. They were $150-$200. Two in a year is fine. We somehow got to two in one month now, and $150 sets in City. At least the value in this one is amazing with all the pieces and exclusive minifigures.

I like this set, and the NinjaGo boat and NinjaGo City and about 75% of the modulars, I want to try the new Boost set, and new trains next year. But I already spend too much a year on LEGO and I much rather spend $20-50 on several set and build them thought the year then just one big thing.

#13328 CaptainJoel   Living within Halloween's Halls CAGiversary!   15233 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

I ended up picking up a couple of Lego sets at Target yesterday with that fin coupon that was going around. Grabbed the JL Aquaman set. Super stoked to build it tonight.

Think I may also finally build the Jestro HQ set. I've shopped it around locally and in a few different Lego groups and I only get lowballed. Sure seems like Lego made a misstep with the Nexo series. Oh well, it'll get to be the biggest set I've ever built!

#13329 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

I ended up picking up a couple of Lego sets at Target yesterday with that fin coupon that was going around. Grabbed the JL Aquaman set. Super stoked to build it tonight.

Think I may also finally build the Jestro HQ set. I've shopped it around locally and in a few different Lego groups and I only get lowballed. Sure seems like Lego made a misstep with the Nexo series. Oh well, it'll get to be the biggest set I've ever built!

What coupon?

Also if Jestro HQ is the set on wheels you aren't going to make any money off of it. If it's the bigger red and black castle you might make some. The Jestro Mobile HQ is always 40% off.

https://www.amazon.c...2/dp/B01L0VXB58

#13330 CaptainJoel   Living within Halloween's Halls CAGiversary!   15233 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

What coupon?

Also if Jestro HQ is the set on wheels you aren't going to make any money off of it. If it's the bigger red and black castle you might make some. The Jestro Mobile HQ is always 40% off.

https://www.amazon.c...2/dp/B01L0VXB58

There was a cartwheel coupon for $20 off $20. I used it for the JL Aquaman set for myself and an Elves set for my girlfriend. In retrospect, I should have probably grabbed some SW sets, too.

It was the one with the wheels, but I was just looking to trade. Only offers I ever got were for small city sets or people just lowballing me with cash offers and I was looking for SW ships or a Spidey bridge. Funniest offer I got was $10 Paypal and 4 Batman blindbags.

#13331 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

It was the one with the wheels, but I was just looking to trade. Only offers I ever got were for small city sets or people just lowballing me with cash offers and I was looking for SW ships or a Spidey bridge. Funniest offer I got was $10 Paypal and 4 Batman blindbags.

So you are upset that no one wants to trade a set so unpopular it's always 40% off with you? :lol:

#13332 CaptainJoel   Living within Halloween's Halls CAGiversary!   15233 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:29 PM

So you are upset that no one wants to trade a set so unpopular it's always 40% off with you? :lol:

Not upset, more just disappointed. I expected at least someone to want it locally. I got it for cheap enough from Target clearance to make it worth it because I can still build it and have fun (dem minifigs doe), I just kind of expected that I would be able to move it a little easier since it was a large set and the only one in my area.

I'm in Kansas and people here tend to trade for really common sets all the time, so I figured that asking for a trade of another set or $50 would have had it flying out the door on CL and FB. I had a guy ask to give me a $20 Shell card and we don't even have Shells here. I even posted it up asking for non working Dreamcasts in trade because I'm learning how to swap parts and restore them, but still got no bites.

#13333 CaptainJoel   Living within Halloween's Halls CAGiversary!   15233 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

Yooo, that new Joker Manor looks sick.

I'm glad it's not just the Wayne Manor.

#13334 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

I even posted it up asking for non working Dreamcasts in trade because I'm learning how to swap parts and restore them, but still got no bites.

Do you have a list somewhere? I have a functional extra DC that randomly resets that I wouldn't mind trading. It even has the official Sega clear smoke shell.

#13335 mickeyp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1187 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Hi guys I have a question-  I have set 21117 The Ender Dragon without the minifigures.  I wanted to sell it locally I was just wondering if you can give me an idea of a fair price to sell it for.  Do you think there is value in it without the minifigures? I thought some people might like it just for all the other pieces,dragon.

Thank you for your help.   

Smile

#13336 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

Hi guys I have a question- I have set 21117 The Ender Dragon without the minifigures. I wanted to sell it locally I was just wondering if you can give me an idea of a fair price to sell it for. Do you think there is value in it without the minifigures? I thought some people might like it just for all the other pieces,dragon.
Thank you for your help.

A used complete set on eBay goes for $40-60. Without any the mini-figures, you'd probably get 50% of that.

#13337 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

Hi guys I have a question-  I have set 21117 The Ender Dragon without the minifigures.  I wanted to sell it locally I was just wondering if you can give me an idea of a fair price to sell it for.  Do you think there is value in it without the minifigures? I thought some people might like it just for all the other pieces,dragon.

Thank you for your help.   

I agree with Toker. Someone might want the dragon, but you would only get like $20-25 for the set without figures. Depends on how badly someone wants the dragon as the rest of the set is just common pieces.

And TRU is having a sale online, an actual sale! Same decent deals if you are a fan of the Race car sets as I think they are TRU exclusives.

https://www.toysrus....ductId=85258926

#13338 mickeyp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1187 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

Ok

Thanks guys for your help!

I was trying to sell it for $15 wanted to make sure that was fair to me and the buyer.

Smile

#13339 michaema   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

Looks like another Toysrus Sale....have to use a code

https://www.toysrus....ing desc&page=1

#13340 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:07 AM

Now that's a typical TRU sale. Mark the prices back up to MSRP or higher and then make people use a code to just get the same price the sets were two weeks ago.

#13341 MutantMike  

MutantMike

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

I grabbed the Prison Island set for $63 using the code. Will go great with my custom Obama/Hillary mini figs!

#13342 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

I grabbed the Prison Island set for $63 using the code. Will go great with my custom Obama/Hillary mini figs!

Funny that you are still triggered by Obama and Mrs. Clinton who were never found guilty of anything besides being useless, yet the current clown's house of cards is falling down and many people will actually end up in jail. :lol:

Also funny, the fact The LEGO NinjaGo movie is the only children' movie currently out in the top ten and it still will be beat by three R rated movies.

#13343 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1723 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:55 AM

Ugh

#13344 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

Bricktober is interesting this year, normally there are no sales and you get a free promo. No free promo this year, LEGO probably refused to have TRU get them. So no Batman minifigures for us.

However 20% off the NinjaGo Movie sets, actual 20% off the MSRP.

#13345 prim4444   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

Bricktober is interesting this year, normally there are no sales and you get a free promo. No free promo this year, LEGO probably refused to have TRU get them. So no Batman minifigures for us.

Tru does have the freebies. Picking mine up right now. Ninjago this week. Batman next week.

#13346 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3129 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

Not for the boat. :cry:

#13347 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

Tru does have the freebies. Picking mine up right now. Ninjago this week. Batman next week.

They have them and didn't bother to tell anyone? Wonder why they are bankrupt. :lol:

Not for the boat. :cry:

No. :( Or the Ice Tank for some reason.

#13348 elessar123  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Might be because of the bankruptcy. They haven't had weekly ads here for like 6 weeks.

Spoiler

#13349 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9063 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

Might be because of the bankruptcy. They haven't had weekly ads here for like 6 weeks.

They can't do an online ad? "Come in store and spend $X and get a free NinjaGo Movie minifigure pack!"

Can we buy them separately? How much do we have to get to get them 'free'?

#13350 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1441 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

Picked up the green dragon mech and ninjago city chase for 20% off each and got the ninjago figs and poster set for free.

micbelt.png