* * * * * 10 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#13381 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:21 AM

It's not even in chrome like the keychain.

As of right now all the promos, including the VIP one and double points all work.

Update: (Oddly the Friends Box is still in my cart as Out of stock free item")

The Keepsake isn't showing in my cart, but the Tic Tac Toe and Caveman are.

#13382 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

The Keepsake isn't showing in my cart, but the Tic Tac Toe and Caveman are.

Yeah, it disappeared right after I wrote that.

I was doing Bricks and Pieces and went to pee. Everyone knows what happened next, erased the cart. So buy the time I redid it the thing was gone. I was going to buy the four holiday sets, and two hedgehog storage sets. $66 for 6 small sets and 4 free things and $5 in rewards would have been nice.

''Thank God one day Trump is going to die. That is guaranteed. That is awesome." - Donald Glover

#13383 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1722 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Apparently a lot of stores are doing this this year. To the point I saw a communication telling stores to stop selling them and to make sure they are given away with purchase.

The sets are kept behind customer service and I asked if I could just buy one by itself. The girl that was helping me asked the manager and he said as long as he had more than one case left he didn’t mind (they had two)

#13384 prim4444   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

Lego store I went to only had the Lloyd poly and VIP sets available for free. They ran out of the other freebies earlier in the day. They still had the canvas tote bags so I ended getting one of those for free too.

#13385 180husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2329 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:45 AM

The sets are kept behind customer service and I asked if I could just buy one by itself. The girl that was helping me asked the manager and he said as long as he had more than one case left he didn’t mind (they had two)

Asked the cashier if they had any Batman promos left, and they replied "yes".  Went and looked at Lego selection, got depressed.  Went back and asked if I could just buy one, and she said "yes" again.  Success? :-k 

Posted Image

#13386 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:07 PM

Asked the cashier if they had any Batman promos left, and they replied "yes".  Went and looked at Lego selection, got depressed.  Went back and asked if I could just buy one, and she said "yes" again.  Success? :-k

Do they sell it for $15 or $20?

''Thank God one day Trump is going to die. That is guaranteed. That is awesome." - Donald Glover

#13387 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1722 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

It’s $19.99

#13388 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

^Thanks!

Do people here still trade minifigures? I missed out on Series 17 as around here it went almost straight from Batman to NinjaGo. I'm looking for hot dog guy, woman baker, butterfly girl, corn cob guy.

#13389 brotterr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:47 PM

^Thanks!
Do people here still trade minifigures? I missed out on Series 17 as around here it went almost straight from Batman to NinjaGo. I'm looking for hot dog guy, woman baker, butterfly girl, corn cob guy.

I have extras of corn cob and butterfly girl. Will check to see if I have a baker. I'm in need of a french bulldog bread person. Or let me know what else you have.

#13390 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:52 AM

I have extras of corn cob and butterfly girl. Will check to see if I have a baker. I'm in need of a french bulldog bread person. Or let me know what else you have.

I have old extras, series 3 through whenever the price increase happened. I think 3-10. i'll have to check my mom's basement, it's where they are all kept.

Unrelated AWD has added more sets in the last 3 hours than the last 3 months. Including a $13 Corner Bakery that went quick. But they keep updating so check often. A lot of NinjaGo has been there. A Friends Advent for $19.47 (Because of only one minidoll.), the Quintet with giant Antman is $43, Friends Catamaran is $52, a non-ice Frozen castle for $36, City Ferry is $13.50 (55% off), a ton of 30% off things, Friends Pizza, $30 Ninjago sets, 35-40% off Eclipse Fighter, Ghost Rider, Harvey and Batman motorcycle. Jester's HQ is $45. Mr. Freeze is less than $10. Rathtar is $46.20, about $45 too much. 

#13391 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7432 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:12 AM

Our kmarts closed, didn't get much from them, just the nexo stuff. I missed the big red jestro castle from B&N half off clearance... and spent the last few days in the hospital. Might be hitting a LEGO store with the wife on Saturday. She ordered a ton online but they're out of the friends bonus she wants, and out of the big sets she wants.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#13392 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3126 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

Our B&N in Atlanta (Edgewood) is apparently getting boxes of old Lego stock to get doled out over the next few weeks into 50% clearance. The site is junk to me so it may be difficult to know what stores are getting what but the local store cleared out a bunch of Nexo and Friends as well at the 50% off mark so B&N might be a good visit for anyone looking for those sets.

#13393 AlanSaysYo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

AlanSaysYo

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

I have old extras, series 3 through whenever the price increase happened. I think 3-10. i'll have to check my mom's basement, it's where they are all kept.

Unrelated AWD has added more sets in the last 3 hours than the last 3 months. Including a $13 Corner Bakery that went quick. But they keep updating so check often. A lot of NinjaGo has been there. A Friends Advent for $19.47 (Because of only one minidoll.), the Quintet with giant Antman is $43, Friends Catamaran is $52, a non-ice Frozen castle for $36, City Ferry is $13.50 (55% off), a ton of 30% off things, Friends Pizza, $30 Ninjago sets, 35-40% off Eclipse Fighter, Ghost Rider, Harvey and Batman motorcycle. Jester's HQ is $45. Mr. Freeze is less than $10. Rathtar is $46.20, about $45 too much.

Quit hating on Rathtar Escape. It displays nicely.

#13394 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

Quit hating on Rathtar Escape. It displays nicely.

Displays nicely in the trash?

I'm glad someone likes it, but that set has bigger issues. LEGO made that set, LEGO barely ever makes playlets and when they do they make that useless piece of shit. So now LEGO will use it as an excuse to not make playlets anymore because that one didn't sell. 3,00 more people will be laid off because sales are down because of sets like that one and Hoth.

Of all the things to make in the Star Wars universe (fucking Cloud City) they make some random hallway. I guess it's better than a wall... but not much.

And Targets near me, after only getting like a box of Series 17 have decided to sell NinjaGo series for $4.79. Needless to say they have a few (hundred) left.

#13395 180husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2329 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

And Targets near me, after only getting like a box of Series 17 have decided to sell NinjaGo series for $4.79. Needless to say they have a few (hundred) left.

I saw this in a checkout lane yesterday.  I thought they were just mislabeled or on the wrong peg.  Guess not.   Fuck Target.

Posted Image

#13396 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

I saw this in a checkout lane yesterday.  I thought they were just mislabeled or on the wrong peg.  Guess not.   Fuck Target.

It was on a side cap and had no less than 30-40 price tags on it. Clearly a new employee actually thinking they need to do what they are told. :lol:

However I didn't scan them, maybe they are wrong. The Mystery Oreos were tagged at $3.69 and were normal $2.99.

#13397 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1722 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:34 AM

I have some extra minifigures for those who were looking for older ones, shoot me a pm if interested

ZIlVsX0l.jpg

#13398 marginal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

Today I got my big VIP double points order. Caveman freebie and Ninjago Lloyd freebie... no Friends keepsake or tic-tac-toe set (but I already got those with a different order, so no big deal). Also, the VIP freebie is pretty freakin' big, especially for a polybag. The autumn and Halloween small seasonal sets seem pretty awesome; the Christmas ones have more pieces, but seem less impressive... maybe because there are already bigger and better Christmas sets.

#13399 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3112 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

Details about the Ideas Women of NASA set. Comes out November 1 for $25.  https://gizmodo.com/...cool-1819629642

ytoeumbeb2n3sp84in8a.jpg

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#13400 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

I like how even an Ideas set has an overprice wall. Nice going LEGO!
At least the Hubble looks awesome, and the shuttle isn't bad. If you take that CMF are $3-4 each that's 12-16$ right there.
However it will most likely sell out at 12:02am Eastern, the site will crash, and LEGO will refuse to make any more.

Target seems to be giving away a free Creator Turtle with a sets over $20.
https://www.target.c...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds

#13401 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9666 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:01 AM

Seems they completely dumped lego dimensions, the last wave sounded pretty cool.

#13402 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3112 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

I’m hoping they release a complete edition of the game. One last push that just has all the characters and vehicles unlocked so you don’t have to get all the minifigs. Unlikely, I know, but a guy can dream
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#13403 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Seems they completely dumped lego dimensions, the last wave sounded pretty cool.

I read an article saying it failed because the profit margins of using 'real LEGO' and not cheap plastic like Infinity and Skylander meant smaller profit margins. They were charging $15 for a minifigure and a few pieces. Even at half off there should be a good profit to it.

#13404 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1137 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

I read an article saying it failed because the profit margins of using 'real LEGO' and not cheap plastic like Infinity and Skylander meant smaller profit margins. They were charging $15 for a minifigure and a few pieces. Even at half off there should be a good profit to it.

I don't know how much $$$ they needed to pump into programming the levels for the dimensions sets either. It was a nice idea but the implementation was not as polished as I would like. Some of the levels were better than others. Hopefully there are some clearance prices on par with what we saw with Disney infinity. That would be great

#13405 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9062 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

I don't know how much $$$ they needed to pump into programming the levels for the dimensions sets either. It was a nice idea but the implementation was not as polished as I would like. Some of the levels were better than others. Hopefully there are some clearance prices on par with what we saw with Disney infinity. That would be great

Exactly. I think the article was just making up things. But it's been confirmed now it has been canceled by the game creators. And people aren't shocked because they said the second year sets all had corruption issues in game and the support staff didn't do anything to fix it. I have never played the game so I don't know.

I think we all knew they were canceled when CA dollar stores got the packs in.

But what sucks is we were supposed to get a Missy Character from Doctor Who!!!

I'm still hoping for LEGO to realize something from the failures of Dimensions, Nexo and Bionicle, but I don;t think that's likely. The rumors are Harry Potter is returning, which is great, but I'd like a theme, even a one off 5-6 sets, that's original. A return to Space would be nice, LEGO has had some creative designs with Alien Conquest and Galaxy Squad. After next summer the only original action theme LEGO will have is NinjaGo.

#13406 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

Dimensions probably died for the same reason that all of the other similar games died. The audience moved on to something new. New levels and characters can't keep a kid's game going forever.

#13407 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5123 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:14 AM

well, just ordered the modular Brick Bank.  I'm going to do the worlds slowest LEGO build.  :lol:   

We've been working Dave Ramsey's financial babystep plan with our finances and wanted to tie something cool for working on paying off the house.  What better way to celebrate paying off debt than building something representing money?  Funny enough, I've been collecting the modulars since the Firehouse and the Bank was the next on the buy list anyway.  It was almost like a sign.  ;)

So the way I have it figured out, for every $75 we pay down on the principle will equal 1 single LEGO piece.  Hopefully this will help push us to pay extra toward the principle each month.  So starting out only 4 pieces/month that will get added.   

I think I'm going to take pictures along the way to make a time lapse vid, as this is going to be at least a 7+ year build.

#13408 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7432 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:52 AM

Yea... 2 days after the first piece gets laid I'd be like "fuckit" and finish it all.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#13409 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5123 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

:lol:

#13410 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9666 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:34 AM

TRU has the Lego UCS Snowspeeder for $168.

https://www.toysrus....uctId=125640816