* * * * * 10 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#13711 elessar123  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:16 PM

Well, Junior sets haven't been over $35, I don't think, which is the Spider-man / Green Goblin one. I'm guessing it'll be ~$40-50, now that I've actually seen it.

As for PPG, those are ugly sets. Looks like the same giant heads as Dimensions. Will get Mojo Jojo just because, but I've never liked Princess so I'm avoiding the other set.

#13712 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

Well, Junior sets haven't been over $35, I don't think, which is the Spider-man / Green Goblin one. I'm guessing it'll be ~$40-50, now that I've actually seen it.

As for PPG, those are ugly sets. Looks like the same giant heads as Dimensions. Will get Mojo Jojo just because, but I've never liked Princess so I'm avoiding the other set.

Four years ago City sets were never over $100, three years ago they were never over $120, two years ago they were never over $150. ;)

I'm sticking with $60 just because dinosaurs aren't cheap. But the most expensive Junior set is a Cars 3 one. 

10745: Florida 500 Final Race

I'm hoping for $50, I want a modern T-Rex. (I only have the Dino Attack one where the eyes light up.

#13713 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1900 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

Went jumping around a couple Walmart’s today and got

Aira’s Airship and Amulet Chase - $9
Detroit Steel Strike - $13
Milano vs the Abilisk - $21
Clayface Splat Attack - $15
Lakeside Lodge - $9
Ravager Attack - $9

I had most of those but just couldn’t pass up the good deals.
Also picked up a couple LBM series 2 minifigures and the DJ poly from TRU

#13714 El Gray   Obscurity Sponge CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

I love the Clayface set, and it's on clearance everywhere--lots of $17 ones at Target stores right now. I got mine for $15 at WM back before the holidays.

I will have to keep an eye out for a $9 Lakeside Lodge!

#13715 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:53 AM

So Harry Potter Universe is making a comeback. There is rumor of a $500(!) castle. My favorite comment is...

The $500 castle interests me because for that price you should get a fair number of figures with it.

Yes, I'm sure we will get 5-6 for that price. I mean look at the Falcon, for $800 you get so many.... oh yeah....

#13716 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1900 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:37 AM

I got the larger Hogwarts castle on clearance at WM but wasn't really into HP at the time and ended up selling it locally, really regretted it once I started being into HP more and seeing how much it was going for. Glad that the line is coming back and I am sure I will get the new Hogwarts at some point which probably will blow the old one away and take the sting away of getting rid of the old one

Picked up the Diner yesterday

#13717 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3404 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

So Harry Potter Universe is making a comeback. There is rumor of a $500(!) castle. My favorite comment is...

Yes, I'm sure we will get 5-6 for that price. I mean look at the Falcon, for $800 you get so many.... oh yeah....

I'm hoping Lego isn't quite as cavalier at ripping people off with Harry Potter as they were with SW. At $500 I'd hope (and expect) effectively twice the complexity and content of The Disney Castle. We're halfway through Ninjago City, which has been phenomenal aside from the high number of decals but 800 more pieces for $50 less is reminding me why I can't stomach jumping into the UCS line or anything similar.

in other news, anyone have an opinion on whether Ron Howard can save the Han Solo movie and if not that the Solo legos clearance out early? I haven't tracked licensed products well enough to know if that's something Lego and retailers do.

#13718 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

I'm hoping Lego isn't quite as cavalier at ripping people off with Harry Potter as they were with SW. At $500 I'd hope (and expect) effectively twice the complexity and content of The Disney Castle. We're halfway through Ninjago City, which has been phenomenal aside from the high number of decals but 800 more pieces for $50 less is reminding me why I can't stomach jumping into the UCS line or anything similar.

in other news, anyone have an opinion on whether Ron Howard can save the Han Solo movie and if not that the Solo legos clearance out early? I haven't tracked licensed products well enough to know if that's something Lego and retailers do.

I hope (and expect) that LEGO would make a figure for every single character who ever step foot on the MF, they didn't. Only think you can expect from LEGO is for the set to be overpriced.

Supposedly Ron Howard hasn't done that many reshoots, so that begs the question why The LEGO Movie directors were fired in the first place. But I wouldn't think they would be clearance that quickly, I also don't see the movie bombing at all. The Lone Ranger bombed and even  its sets made it to Christmas. Got some great deals on Amazon. People will want the 'new' blue and white Falcon and there are some space dogs and speeders. I think speeders are like the City helicopter, can never have enough.

#13719 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

Women of NASA is currently $21, 16% off at Amazon and Walmart. I got one off of AWD, looks to be a return for $15.xx and then nearly $7 in reward points, So $10 shipped.

#13720 crowbb   Watch out for snakes CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

Not going to spoil them in case anyone cares but man those Infinity War leaked sets look pretty underwhelming except for one.  And...another ($60?) door set.  Awesome.  Can't get for it to go to clearance within a few weeks of coming out like the rest.

#13721 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1774 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:20 PM

shopDisney has some older sets on sale up to 50% off.

Only their brands, so only follow the link if looking for Star Wars, Marvel or Disney Princess sets.

#13722 El Gray   Obscurity Sponge CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

That Iron Skull/Captain America submarine set is a pretty nice deal for $19. I liked the model, and the minifigures were really cool.

#13723 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9854 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

Is this site ran by ToysRus? I haven't seen prices marked so far up and then down like this in a longgg time.

#13724 Madzane  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Got insanely lucky, the past two weeks have been nuts and I didn’t have time to check Walmart clearance. Finally got some time and expected everything picked clean but a nearby store had the following half off:

Lego Friends Eliza’s Ice Castle
Minecraft Witch Hut
Minecraft Crafting Box 2.0
Hulk vs Red Hulk ( not a set I’d pay $60 for but the hot rod motif and $25 tag were perfect)
Lego City Jungle Exploration Adventure ( again nice setbut originally $120? No way)
GOTG Ayeshas Revenge
Thor battle for Asgard

I see too that Lego dipped for a third wave of Lego Batman Movie sets....anyone else feel this boat sailed? good movie but I expect them to be hung with stock if they didn’t produce this wave in smaller numbers.

#13725 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

I see too that Lego dipped for a third wave of Lego Batman Movie sets....anyone else feel this boat sailed? good movie but I expect them to be hung with stock if they didn’t produce this wave in smaller numbers.

I disagree, I think these years sets are better overall than the last few. The last few where boring vehicles, random security guards and red pipes. This year we have a decent priced space shuttle, a party scene, a really nicely done mech, and the buggy is fine for like $13 which it will be the normal price soon. Plus we have different bad guys than normal., Harvey Quinn's truck is the only set that reminds me of the older ones.

#13726 El Gray   Obscurity Sponge CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

Has anyone seen a Target clearance price drop on Brickseek on a Thursday, only to find that the price hadn't dropped in store yet on that day?

#13727 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

Has anyone seen a Target clearance price drop on Brickseek on a Thursday, only to find that the price hadn't dropped in store yet on that day?

I haven't seen it, but I have seen where Target employees are marking the things down and the new price is in their pricing system but not in the cashier system. I didn't understand that.

#13728 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

GG's got it.  Brickseek is tied into a national system, but those prices have to be activated in each store by the employees for them to show up at the register.  

#13729 El Gray   Obscurity Sponge CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

GG's got it.  Brickseek is tied into a national system, but those prices have to be activated in each store by the employees for them to show up at the register.  

Yep, I saw evidence of that today. Two seperate employees I've asked had previously told me that the prices were just immediately active at midnight on Thursday. That's not the case.

Anyway--I drove to a Target at 9am to check on something I wanted, it wasn't marked down yet (checked floor and hand scanner price), and I went home. Came back later and it had the new sticker and the lower price. SO, I got my Spidey Bridge for $50 (down from $70)... but I was really hoping for two. Someone got the 2nd one they had between my two visits. Ah, well. I'm thankful I got one. If they'd BOTH been gone this afternoon after that early visit I would have been the Saddest Boy. I'll try and modify the one kit to be a longer bridge with parts I have.

Also got that Bulldozer Bank Robbery City set for $25 elsewhere and a Friends set with a SIDECAR MOTORSCOOTER for $4, so pretty good day.

Passed on the Arrowhead SW ship for $45. Was tempted by that two-elements dragon set people liked for $40, but I had spent too much, anyway.

OH and the one Avengers Airport Battle I'd been watching slipped away from me before I could get it for $40 or less today. Alas.

#13730 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2157 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

All the time and not just on LEGOs.

#13731 El Gray   Obscurity Sponge CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

Found a lone clearance Women of NASA set for $20 at a WMart I'd never visited before. Lucky day!

#13732 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

LEGO is an out of touch, paranoid shit company that I think just want us all to buy Lepin.

Thy will not be showing the second half of the year sets at ANY toy fairs, and pictures, and even reporting the set, will be seriously restricted.

Then why the Fuck would LEGO even bother? There are no more Nexo sets, NinjaGo is dragons, City is Arctic, Creator is the last in house theme, everything else is a license anyways and Disney blocks those pictures.

Does LEGO think people will wait around for the set to be released? What if fan needs to save money up for a set / theme? No too bad, no official pictures for you. This is  ridiculous.

#13733 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1900 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:50 AM

Eh there will still be leaks no matter how hard they try to clamp down on them.

Found a Lena Luthor Kryptonite Factory for $17.99 at Target today

#13734 aunt beast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

aunt beast

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

Amazon has the batman killer croc set (RRP $69) for 30 bucks — https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KOPHW1A

…aaaaand it's already OOS

#13735 El Gray   Obscurity Sponge CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

Amazon has the batman killer croc set (RRP $69) for 30 bucks — https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KOPHW1A

…aaaaand it's already OOS

This is THE unwanted set on clearance at many Targets right now. It's around $35 at most stores. I assume there are enough out there for me to catch one for around $20 in a couple weeks. We will see.

#13736 aunt beast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

aunt beast

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:59 PM

Unfortunately in my area the clearance rarely gets past 30% off before it's cleared out. Or I can drive 35 miles to an area where the clearance aisle looks like a bomb went off, boxes torn open, sets all over the store. Last time I was there a mouse ran over my foot.

#13737 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1900 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

Yeah it’s rare I my area for anything to make it past 30 or 50 percent. I assume I’m just lucky when I find something at 70 percent off.

In regards to LEGO leaks i did see leaked pics and descriptions for new sets over at the LEGO thread in the TFW2005 boards so they’re never going to be able to clamp down like they want to

#13738 jojeda654  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:21 AM

I placed my first Wal-Mart store pickup order since the app updated to match the in-store clearance prices. I placed an order for the Detroit Steel set for $13 at a store that Brickseek showed had 5 in stock. The next day, I received an email saying that my ordered was delayed 3-5 days. I assumed it was going to get cancelled later on, but I wanted to see how it played out. 6 days later, I got another email saying my order was ready. When I picked it up, it was in a Walmart.com box. Usually, they just slap on a store pick up label on the item. Oddly, Brickseek still shows 5 in stock.

OH and the one Avengers Airport Battle I'd been watching slipped away from me before I could get it for $40 or less today. Alas.

:( what happened to those? I had been watching those for a while, and a few stores still had them in stock. Checked again, and they were all gone.

#13739 TwelveVolt   Nobody from Nowhere CAGiversary!   2369 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

TwelveVolt

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

My local walmart dropped the price of the First Order Star Destroyer to $40 this morning.

http://brickseek.com...r?sku=951814057

#13740 The Green Giant   Leader of the Veggies CAGiversary!   9214 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

I like how everyone is talking about clearance that around here happened a year ago. I have been avoiding Target and Walmart as much as I can so did the sets go on clearance, then off and back on again?

The Star Destroyer is still $140 here though, even at Hartford Walmart.