* * * * * 11 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#15091 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:43 PM

I found a bazillion mace windu sets and one lego hoth "Luke's about to kiss his sister" medical set. Thanks Walmart.

Mace Windu is in a current set?!

#15092 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

He’s in the General Grievous combat speeder set

#15093 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:33 AM

Yup yup. They were 12.98 at my Walmart so I didn't bite. Might be less elsewhere.

#15094 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5218 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:03 AM

How about Spider-Gwen.  Has she ever appeared in a set?  

#15095 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:16 AM

She is in 76115 as Ghost Spider but essentially Spider-Gwen

#15096 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:12 AM

Walmart I went to was prepping for the return of the 50,000 college students so the LEGO isle was super weird set up. No cheap LEGO besides some random 30% off Friends set at it and target. I did get 4 containers of 50% less sodium beef stock for 50 cents each and found liquid pectin. Plus the cute 'guy' I keep running into on the bus got a job at the market I like so Fuck you guys and your cheap LEGO deals.  :booty:

(Unless you want to share your cheap LEGO deals with me, then I'll love you for a week.)

Also in a surprise LEGO S@H now is selling a full box of Disney Series 2 CMF.

https://www.lego.com...plete-box-66625

#15097 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:51 AM

Nothing wrong with some beefy stock.

Weird that they're selling a whole box. If it hasn't been mentioned already, best buy has the Harry Potter and the Disney figures on sale for 3 bucks instead of 4. Also my target stores in Ohio just started moving a more stuff to 50 percent off. There was quite a bit of lego city stuff for half price.

#15098 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5218 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:55 AM

She is in 76115 as Ghost Spider but essentially Spider-Gwen

I saw that set, but it's not quite the same.  I might have to get a custom then.

#15099 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:46 PM

Nothing wrong with some beefy stock.

Weird that they're selling a whole box. If it hasn't been mentioned already, best buy has the Harry Potter and the Disney figures on sale for 3 bucks instead of 4. Also my target stores in Ohio just started moving a more stuff to 50 percent off. There was quite a bit of lego city stuff for half price.

Walmart again is having the Disney figures for $3 online, limit of 12 which gets you free shipping. So do a few orders and return the extras. 

Nothing wrong with beefy at all. Plus I have a bunch of onions from the farm I used to work at so french onion soup. Yay for cheap food. But I've never bought luid pectin before, that shit is expensive. Next time I'm just going to make my own.

#15100 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:44 PM

It's tax free weekend in Massachusetts! Go wild and save 6%!!! Woohoo!!!

(Or just go to New Hampshire any day.)

#15101 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7672 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

Meijer had a bunch of sets half off here. They had one D.Va/Reinhardt set left but... they just look so weird as LEGO I passed.

#15102 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:03 PM

I bought 25 Disney Series 2 minifigures from Walmart.com this weekend when they were $3 and no tax.

14 out of the 18 isn't bad, I just have never seen the series in a non-LEGO store. So hopefully I can get them and return these extras.

I need Hercules, Blue Duck, Frozen Queen, Edna. Not sure if anyone still trades. I have extra (x3!) Sally, Scrooge, Frozone (x2), Frozen sis(x2), Chip and Dale, and red duck.

Also something interesting on the Gravity Falls Ideas set page a few days ago.  The rumour is it's been 'rejected' because it might already be in development. I love Gravity Falls and knowing LEGO they will release a $200 set without Soos and he will be a Comic Con exclusive. 

#15103 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5218 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:37 AM

Whoa, Gravity Falls LEGO?  Need. More. Details.

#15104 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6361 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:35 AM

Yes, this is entirely (welcome) news to me! The only one show I'd want more than Gravity Falls from Disney would be "Star Vs. The Forces of Evil" but I don't think the show has enough of a fan base to justify it as a full set. But maybe some day?

#15105 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

Sadly the rumour got slightly deflated when the Japanese Tea Garden Ideas set was also rejected early. The official review is next month for both it and Gravity Falls got early word they didn't make it, but there are still 10 sets left that haven't heard. So I'm still hoping it's because LEGO has something in development and they don't want to be (rightfully) accused of stealing Ideas sets anymore and gave the designers a heads up.

The Tea Garden set looks very much like the Air Temple NinjaGo set from a few years ago.

#15106 illennium   Systems Analyst CAGiversary!   1801 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

Barnes & Noble has some sets at 30% off MSRP, including some sets that are getting harder to find: https://www.barnesan...2qh1Z15Z19Z2fpy

You can save another 19% off your order by getting discounted B&N e-gift cards at CardCookie. That is what I always do for bn.com orders. The cards take about 10 minutes to arrive via email and you can use up to 6 of them per bn.com order.

#15107 elessar123  

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:54 PM

I doubt Gravity Falls is popular enough to get a set. Adventure Time set didn't do well, and that's much more popular. As much as I would like a Mystery Shack and a Lego Waddles.

#15108 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5218 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:00 AM

I just went to Disney World a few weeks ago and was kinda dismayed at the lack of anything Gravity Falls.  I'm not talking characters or anything fancy, but simply merch.  There was zilch.  Kind of a bummer.

#15109 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:49 AM

I doubt Gravity Falls is popular enough to get a set. Adventure Time set didn't do well, and that's much more popular. As much as I would like a Mystery Shack and a Lego Waddles.

Don't discount the popularity of Gravity Falls, everyone here likes it. Adventure Time was already fading into the sunset and the set is GARBAGE and one huge other thing, no minifigures. 

I doubt Gravity Falls set will happen, I also doubted a Stranger Things set would happen...

#15110 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:53 AM

Barnes & Noble has some sets at 30% off MSRP, including some sets that are getting harder to find: https://www.barnesan...2qh1Z15Z19Z2fpy

You can save another 19% off your order by getting discounted B&N e-gift cards at CardCookie. That is what I always do for bn.com orders. The cards take about 10 minutes to arrive via email and you can use up to 6 of them per bn.com order.

The extra 19% off makes some of the sets decent. It's a good sale on discontinued sets, but the ones I like have been cheaper.

And the Adventure Time set is included that is missing Lumpy Space Princess! And we wonder why it was a huge failure.

#15111 illennium   Systems Analyst CAGiversary!   1801 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:04 PM

Walmart.com has the VW Beetle for $75. They had Assembly Square for $200 but it sold out a few minutes ago.

#15112 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1875 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:04 PM

I just went to Disney World a few weeks ago and was kinda dismayed at the lack of anything Gravity Falls.  I'm not talking characters or anything fancy, but simply merch.  There was zilch.  Kind of a bummer.

Even when it was airing new episodes, they didn't have much of anything. At best you'd find the books. I live about ten minutes away and would look periodically. All my shirts had to come from shirt-a-day sites or similar.

Might just be movie vs. television, though. Big Hero 6 has merchandise, but that seems to be more tied to the movie than the television cartoon - the style of art is different enough that you could tell whether a shirt graphic was one or the other, I think.

#15113 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:14 PM

Walmart.com has the VW Beetle for $75. They had Assembly Square for $200 but it sold out a few minutes ago.

Damn, I love them both but haven't won Powerball... yet....

#15114 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:38 PM

Kojubat is right - tv shows don’t get a lot of merch or love in general at the parks, the park merchandise and attractions are all about animated classics for the most part
For tv merch you have to rely on places like hot topic, box lunch or indie places on the web

#15115 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5182 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:35 AM

Granted, the LEGO Dimensions Adventure Time packs were decent ... sadly Gravity Falls probably would have made a better Level/Minifigure set as well.

#15116 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5218 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:58 AM

You may be onto something, I didn't see any DuckTales merch either... however Scrooge & Launchpad were signing autographs so that was cool.

I'd be in for a DuckTales LEGO set in a heartbeat.  Like etcrane said with Gravity Falls, DT would have made for a great Dimensions set.

#15117 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:42 PM

SO bad news Gravity Falls fans, LEGO vaguely screwed us over. Someone go make a Gravity Falls set and stick it on Ideas.

Although questions haven’t directly come in via LAN, I can understand there are some questions about the recent archival of the two LEGO Ideas 10K Club submissions Japanese Tea Gardens and Gravity Falls Mystery Shack.

It’s incredibly rare that we make the decision to remove submissions that have achieved the 10,000 supporter milestone and to not allow them through to the review stage. Unfortunately, after a thorough evaluation we made the tough decision (because we can clearly see that both models are incredibly well built) that in these two cases we had to do this as the submissions did not comply with our Terms of Service. We couldn’t, in respect to the LEGO Ideas community, move the submissions into the review stage as well as award prizes, whether the main prize or the consolation prize, to the members in question.

Although we know that you’re all very interested in knowing the specific underlying reasons for why we decided to archive them, this is not information that I can share with you out of respect for the privacy of the members in question. Should the members in question choose to share the reason for the archival of their submissions, then they are welcome to do so.

#15118 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5218 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

Well that's interesting.  Sounds like some minor/weird technicality, like an minimum age requirement or country of origin discrepency or something stupid.

#15119 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:19 PM

I read on another forum that the Gravity Falls designer was a LEGO retail store employee which is what disqualified them

Edit - just saw series 19 minifigures at GameStop a little while ago

#15120 illennium   Systems Analyst CAGiversary!   1801 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:29 PM

Amazon and Walmart have Welcome to Apocalypseburg for $220.