* * * * * 10 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#15091 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:43 PM

I found a bazillion mace windu sets and one lego hoth "Luke's about to kiss his sister" medical set. Thanks Walmart.

Mace Windu is in a current set?!

#15092 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2034 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

He’s in the General Grievous combat speeder set

#15093 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:33 AM

Yup yup. They were 12.98 at my Walmart so I didn't bite. Might be less elsewhere.

#15094 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5184 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:03 AM

How about Spider-Gwen.  Has she ever appeared in a set?  

#15095 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2034 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:16 AM

She is in 76115 as Ghost Spider but essentially Spider-Gwen

#15096 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:12 AM

Walmart I went to was prepping for the return of the 50,000 college students so the LEGO isle was super weird set up. No cheap LEGO besides some random 30% off Friends set at it and target. I did get 4 containers of 50% less sodium beef stock for 50 cents each and found liquid pectin. Plus the cute 'guy' I keep running into on the bus got a job at the market I like so Fuck you guys and your cheap LEGO deals.  :booty:

(Unless you want to share your cheap LEGO deals with me, then I'll love you for a week.)

Also in a surprise LEGO S@H now is selling a full box of Disney Series 2 CMF.

https://www.lego.com...plete-box-66625

#15097 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:51 AM

Nothing wrong with some beefy stock.

Weird that they're selling a whole box. If it hasn't been mentioned already, best buy has the Harry Potter and the Disney figures on sale for 3 bucks instead of 4. Also my target stores in Ohio just started moving a more stuff to 50 percent off. There was quite a bit of lego city stuff for half price.

#15098 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5184 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:55 AM

She is in 76115 as Ghost Spider but essentially Spider-Gwen

I saw that set, but it's not quite the same.  I might have to get a custom then.

#15099 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:46 PM

Nothing wrong with some beefy stock.

Weird that they're selling a whole box. If it hasn't been mentioned already, best buy has the Harry Potter and the Disney figures on sale for 3 bucks instead of 4. Also my target stores in Ohio just started moving a more stuff to 50 percent off. There was quite a bit of lego city stuff for half price.

Walmart again is having the Disney figures for $3 online, limit of 12 which gets you free shipping. So do a few orders and return the extras. 

Nothing wrong with beefy at all. Plus I have a bunch of onions from the farm I used to work at so french onion soup. Yay for cheap food. But I've never bought luid pectin before, that shit is expensive. Next time I'm just going to make my own.

#15100 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:44 PM

It's tax free weekend in Massachusetts! Go wild and save 6%!!! Woohoo!!!

(Or just go to New Hampshire any day.)

#15101 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7620 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:52 PM

Meijer had a bunch of sets half off here. They had one D.Va/Reinhardt set left but... they just look so weird as LEGO I passed.

#15102 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted Yesterday, 08:03 PM

I bought 25 Disney Series 2 minifigures from Walmart.com this weekend when they were $3 and no tax.

14 out of the 18 isn't bad, I just have never seen the series in a non-LEGO store. So hopefully I can get them and return these extras.

I need Hercules, Blue Duck, Frozen Queen, Edna. Not sure if anyone still trades. I have extra (x3!) Sally, Scrooge, Frozone (x2), Frozen sis(x2), Chip and Dale, and red duck.

Also something interesting on the Gravity Falls Ideas set page a few days ago.  The rumour is it's been 'rejected' because it might already be in development. I love Gravity Falls and knowing LEGO they will release a $200 set without Soos and he will be a Comic Con exclusive. 

#15103 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5184 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:37 AM

Whoa, Gravity Falls LEGO?  Need. More. Details.

#15104 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6336 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:35 AM

Yes, this is entirely (welcome) news to me! The only one show I'd want more than Gravity Falls from Disney would be "Star Vs. The Forces of Evil" but I don't think the show has enough of a fan base to justify it as a full set. But maybe some day?

#15105 biggdaddy  

biggdaddy

Posted Today, 01:11 PM

Sadly the rumour got slightly deflated when the Japanese Tea Garden Ideas set was also rejected early. The official review is next month for both it and Gravity Falls got early word they didn't make it, but there are still 10 sets left that haven't heard. So I'm still hoping it's because LEGO has something in development and they don't want to be (rightfully) accused of stealing Ideas sets anymore and gave the designers a heads up.

The Tea Garden set looks very much like the Air Temple NinjaGo set from a few years ago.