* * * * * 11 votes

LEGO Deals 3

#16051 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:39 PM

I saw some sort of Spider-Man Venomsaurus set that wasn’t on my radar at Target today, so Target definitely has new sets they just put out. Didn’t see any Ospreys though. I did read that LEGO has authorized retailers to sell any stock they already have, so it sounds like there just won’t be any additional shipments. Wonder if Walmart could have received any ...

I wanted it before it got "recalled"...I'm sure collectors/resellers will make it impossible to find in the wild now that the value is astronomical.

Speaking of resellers, big shout out to the douche bag that bought all three Hidden Sides High School sets in my local Walmart.  Weird thing is that now Brickseek is showing 3 in stock at a Walmart 45 minutes away that was OOS since the beginning of the clearance.  Wonder if this person is moving stock buying and returning to their closer store and waiting for another drop.

#16052 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2020 - 04:42 PM

I wish I could have found the high school, would have picked up at $75.

#16053 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1904 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:42 PM

I wanted it before it got "recalled"...I'm sure collectors/resellers will make it impossible to find in the wild now that the value is astronomical.

Speaking of resellers, big shout out to the douche bag that bought all three Hidden Sides High School sets in my local Walmart.  Weird thing is that now Brickseek is showing 3 in stock at a Walmart 45 minutes away that was OOS since the beginning of the clearance.  Wonder if this person is moving stock buying and returning to their closer store and waiting for another drop.

I mean, you have to go out there, buy them all up and move them back, right?

#16054 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:58 PM

I mean, you have to go out there, buy them all up and move them back, right?

Ha, I actually might.  Rumor is Hidden Sides is done.

#16055 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:02 AM

Ha, I actually might. Rumor is Hidden Sides is done.

I have most of the sets only missing 4, need the high school, train, lighthouse, and fairgrounds.

#16056 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:01 PM

Saw the Mario stuff in Walmart today.  Didn't know they were doing mystery character bags $4.97.  Got 5 or so.  Might get the starter set from Lego.com to get the freebies with it.

And those 3 Hidden Sides High Schools dropped to $30 and went OOS an hour later.  

#16057 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:49 PM

Inside job

#16058 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3636 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

Saw the Mario stuff in Walmart today.  Didn't know they were doing mystery character bags $4.97.  Got 5 or so.  Might get the starter set from Lego.com to get the freebies with it.

And those 3 Hidden Sides High Schools dropped to $30 and went OOS an hour later.  

I tried last week to get them and learned they were accidentally put out and couldn't be sold. I'm planning on getting the set tomorrow but does anyone know if supporting sets are on sale now?

#16059 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5378 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:26 AM

I tried last week to get them and learned they were accidentally put out and couldn't be sold. I'm planning on getting the set tomorrow but does anyone know if supporting sets are on sale now?

Saw a ton of sets at Target today - Bowser, outfits, Boos, Piranha plants, but no starter set. Kind of glad they don’t appeal to me, as I could see the temptation to collect all of it at an exorbitant price. Hopefully Legend of Zelda sets follow, which would be more interesting imo.

#16060 Madzane  

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:21 AM

I’m afraid if they do a series of blind bag Nintendo mini figs......

#16061 Corvin   ...of Gilead CAGiversary!   5221 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:25 AM

I saw a mountain* of Nintendo polybags on a 30% off clearance endcap at Target the other day.  I grabbed one to price check... nope...not on clearance.  That was expected but still disappointing.  

*looked like someone accidentally ordered 10x the amount they would normally get of any other poly.

#16062 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:37 AM

I really didn't want to..... but I got the Piano set along with the Mario Starter, character costumes and a few other add on sets. Now I need to work a few days on my vacation to offset my Lego purchase. Considering I ordered the NES last night too, I guess I can look forward to all those reward points.

#16063 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:54 AM

I really didn't want to..... but I got the Piano set along with the Mario Starter, character costumes and a few other add on sets. Now I need to work a few days on my vacation to offset my Lego purchase. Considering I ordered the NES last night too, I guess I can look forward to all those reward points.

I didn't know that one of the bonuses was in store only :bomb: .  Made the trip.  Got there around 1:00.  Piano and NES sold out signs on the windows.  Also a line to get in the store as they were limiting customers in the store.  Did get the polybag and bigger bonus set by buying the starter set.  Now somebody needs to hack this ugly little Mario and make it  do some cool stuff.

#16064 sn9ke.eyes   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

sn9ke.eyes

Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:12 AM

I'm looking for a 75953 Whomping Willow set for my son to go with the great hall and clock tower for his birthday. Any ideas on where to get one for msrp even?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#16065 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:08 PM

Barnes n noble might be your best bet

Yeah, the Monty mole set came back, it was a pain to get. The Ontario mills store is doing curbside only, took me a half hour to get through, I picked up the second to last piano, nes still seems to be in stock.

I got a nutcracker as well, weird that they still have those, I think elessar said he got a gingerbread house the other day.

#16066 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1381 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:18 PM

I'm looking for a 75953 Whomping Willow set for my son to go with the great hall and clock tower for his birthday. Any ideas on where to get one for msrp even?

Piggyback off of what skiizm said:

https://oberlin.bnco...953?graphicId=x

That's my store and I know we have a few of them. If you do decide I can ship it out to you tomorrow. I'd look for a coupon code first though. There's a few floating around I think.

#16067 tokerblue   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

tokerblue

Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:12 PM

As much as I like Mario, the sets don't interest me. If Legend of Zelda comes out, I'm afraid of going down another collection rabbit hole...

#16068 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:41 PM

As much as I like Mario, the sets don't interest me. If Legend of Zelda comes out, I'm afraid of going down another collection rabbit hole...

Yep, I feel the exact same way.

#16069 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2146 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 04:31 AM

LEGO site has it up but back ordered until Aug 16

And yeah Barnes and Noble will show which stores have stock too

#16070 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3636 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 04:26 PM

I was kinda disappointed in the Mario set. My 9 year old enjoyed the idea of it and the easy but fun build but no one really seems interested in the actual "game". Also, while I know it's not exactly their expertise I'm surprised Lego under developed the app so much. My main complaints are:

1. There's not a starter design using all the base set components. I know this is supposed to get you designing yourself but it seems like a concept that wasn't thought through instead,

2. That might be because it was. There's not really any controls for scoring, leaderboards, or anything that holds the idea of a level other than the vague idea of platforming you might have seen in the youtube videos.

3. Finally, I thought for some reason there would be some AR or other method to more functionality capture and share designs but really you are literally just uploading photos from your device. They may get checked or curated for appropriateness but it means plenty of shared designs can't even really be understood.

Overall, I'm not too mad about having the base set but I may return some unopen supporting sets if my kids don't show more interest or engagement.

Also, while I'm lucky to have the Haunted Mansion ride (really enjoying the build BTW at the halfway point) I think I want to get the Piano so if anyone here builds it soon I'd love impressions.

#16071 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1748 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 05 August 2020 - 12:41 PM

I found the Hidden Side Graveyard for $5 at Walmart.  Not bad 

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=601662464

#16072 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:13 PM

Anyone mess around with Mario? Is the sound supposed to be that low? Anyway to raise the volume????

#16073 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2146 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:46 PM

My wife and son got a couple sets yesterday and I noticed the same thing about the low sound

#16074 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1748 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:59 AM

My wife and son got a couple sets yesterday and I noticed the same thing about the low sound

As a parent, I appreciate low sound.  I think toys these days are too loud.  Get off my lawn! I need to go enjoy a Werther's Original

#16075 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3956 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:59 AM

As someone who spends most the day listening to his kids yell “1-2-3, let it rip!” followed by the loud sound of whirring Beyblades, I concur.

#16076 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2146 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:28 PM

Generally agree but the sound on Mario is pretty low

#16077 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:56 PM

I guess I’m not that hard of hearing them, hopefully they can improve that with some sort of update. I couldn’t barely hear anything while using the app.

#16078 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1775 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:09 PM

I don't know if this is common or if I just have the worst luck, but I've had an issue with every large set I've owned.  Looks like I'm missing a small bag of parts in the NES set this time.  Yay.

#16079 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1381 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:33 PM

I found the Hidden Side Graveyard for $5 at Walmart. Not bad

https://brickseek.co.../?sku=601662464

My "Hood" Walmart showed as having in stock (not limited) so I checked it out. There were none. My consolation prizes: $2 dental floss and several badonkadonks flopping around.

#16080 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:42 PM

Anyone know where to get a case of the Mario Custom Figs? Seems like entertainment earth is the only one around.