New Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles 2012 arriving in-stores?

MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Haven't seen anything yet as far as online listing the new Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles, though my Best Buy store had a Microsoft rep come in and bundled/upgraded current consoles with games.

Hopefully these should be dropping throughout everywhere, Best Buy might just have the head start on the bundles. Feel free if anyone spots the bundles at other retailers, I'll update the OP.

The Holiday Bundles for 2012 are as follows:

250Gb Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle $299.99:
  • Forza Motorsport 4 (Disc)
  • Skyrim (Downloadable)
  • 1-Month of Xbox Live (which oddly lists Hulu Plus as well as Epix, not too sure if month trial is included of each service or saying you can use these services with XBL)

4Gb Kinect Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle $299.99:
  • Kinect Adventures (Standard disc with Kinect)
  • Kinect Disneyland Adventures (Disc)

250Gb Kinect Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle $399.99:
  • Kinect Sports (Disc)
  • Dance Central 2 (Downloadable)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MidnightMetal']Haven't seen anything yet as far as online listing the new Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles, though my Best Buy store had a Microsoft rep come in and bundled/upgraded current consoles with games.

Hopefully these should be dropping throughout everywhere, Best Buy might just have the head start on the bundles. Feel free if anyone spots the bundles at other retailers, I'll update the OP.

The Holiday Bundles for 2012 are as follows:

250Gb Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle $299.99:
  • Forza Motorsport 4 (Disc)
  • Skyrim (Downloadable)
  • 1-Month of Xbox Live (which oddly lists Hulu Plus as well as Epix, not too sure if month trial is included of each service or saying you can use these services with XBL)

4Gb Kinect Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle $299.99:
  • Kinect Disneyland Adventures (Disc)

250Gb Kinect Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle $399.99:
  • Kinect Sports (Disc)
  • Dance Central 2 (Downloadable)
[/QUOTE]

This is probably why all the Forza disc one cars are for sale as dlc as of yesterday.

Makes since for Wal-Mart at least. We dropped the older systems $50 each (with the exception of the 4GB standard model.)

[quote name='Mattitudev96']Are you sure it was Skyrim? I had a rep come in as well and it just looked like a Dawnguard DLC code to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when I saw this listed on a UK site it seemed to be Skyrim DLC.

It doesn't make much sense that it would come with a Dawnguard DLC code. That would be making the assumption that the buyer either already has or was planning to buy Skyrim.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']It doesn't make much sense that it would come with a Dawnguard DLC code. That would be making the assumption that the buyer either already has or was planning to buy Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

Here's a link to the UK thing, I can barely read whats on the front of the box but it looks like Dawnguard to me.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/consoles...yrim-live-dlc-1-month-xbox-live/10638972.html

Edit - No wait thats bollocks, it says "Full Game Download" across the top. Must be the full game.

Edit 2 - Also that version of Forza 4 is gimped.

Yeah, there's no way they'd just give you Dawnguard. It's probably just a different picture for Skyrim.
Not a bad deal, but I just hate those full game downloads. I'd much rather have a disc.
If anyone does a $199 Black Friday deal on this, it will be hard to pass up, although I still plan on the Halo 4 console as my second xbox.

[quote name='Drclaw411']if the Forza/Skyrim bundle came with a Kinect too it would be the best 360 buying option ever[/QUOTE]

The fact that it doesn't come with Kinect makes it the best buying option ever.

Meh.. I picked up the 250GB 360 bundle last Black Friday from Best Buy that included 3 months of Live, Fable 3 (disc) and Halo Reach (download) for $199.

DC2 as a download is a good thing… except that DC3 is out soon. Then you'll want to export the tracks and play DC3, so you are back to using a disc. Can you export the tracks from a download version of DC2 at least?

This will be great for those wanting Skyrim cheap after Christmas! Those things will flood eBay just like last year!!

Why are we still paying $300-400 for nearly 7 year old console w/ extra online fees? I mean Sony is selling a redesigned PS3 with Blu-ray player, 30 day PSN Plus, Uncharted 3:GOTY, DUST:541 (W/ $30 DLC voucher) and free online features like Netflix, Prime Instant Video, multiplayer support, and much more for $270. PS3 has only been out for 6 years too and I am even happy with the prices that they are charging.

I don't see how can ppl justify 360 prices? I think these consoles should have $100 price drops. This is ridiculous.

If there is a decent bundle on Black Friday I will get a 360. There's a new Walmart down the street from me so this time I won't miss the Black Friday deals.

[quote name='kart007k']Why are we still paying $300-400 for nearly 7 year old console w/ extra online fees? I mean Sony is selling a redesigned PS3 with Blu-ray player, 30 day PSN Plus, Uncharted 3:GOTY, DUST:541 (W/ $30 DLC voucher) and free online features like Netflix, Prime Instant Video, multiplayer support, and much more for $270. PS3 has only been out for 6 years too and I am even happy with the prices that they are charging.

I don't see how can ppl justify 360 prices? I think these consoles should have $100 price drops. This is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Now add on PS+ with all the free games each month and you're all set.

I would agree PS3 is a better deal than xbox 360, but still you are paying $270 for a 6-7 year old console, I would think both consoles should be $199 or less by now.

[quote name='kart007k']Why are we still paying $300-400 for nearly 7 year old console w/ extra online fees? I mean Sony is selling a redesigned PS3 with Blu-ray player, 30 day PSN Plus, Uncharted 3:GOTY, DUST:541 (W/ $30 DLC voucher) and free online features like Netflix, Prime Instant Video, multiplayer support, and much more for $270. PS3 has only been out for 6 years too and I am even happy with the prices that they are charging.

I don't see how can ppl justify 360 prices? I think these consoles should have $100 price drops. This is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Well, not to turn this into another console wars thread, but I prefer the exclusives that are only on the 360, so I can live with the price.
Blu-Ray, Netflix...that stuff doesn't matter to me. I buy my game consoles to play games.

Kinda shocked, not trying to start a flame war but the new 250 gig ps3 bundle announced is actually $30 cheaper then the 250 gig 360 bundle announced. :eek:

edit: as already mentioned lol

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Kinda shocked, not trying to start a flame war but the new 250 gig ps3 bundle announced is actually $30 cheaper then the 250 gig 360 bundle announced. :eek:

edit: as already mentioned lol[/QUOTE]

Microsoft has no need for a price cut right now. They have the #1 selling console in North America for 20 consecutive months.

I would, however, expect a price cut after the first of the year (after the Wii U launch) in the $50 range.

At the same time, props to Microsoft for sticking with their pricing strategy, it has worked well for them.

[quote name='gldoorii']I completely agree. Now add on PS+ with all the free games each month and you're all set.[/QUOTE]

At this point, shouldn't everyone just consider Skyrim a PC/360 exclusive a la Mass Effect 1?

If Sony had dropped the price I bet MS would have done the same. As pointed out before me, MS has been No. 1 across all non-PC hardware for 20 consecutive months in the US, MS has no need to drop the price until someone forces their hand.

I think Sony is missing the boat bundling all this other stuff into their super Slim instead of just selling it for $200. Hell sell the Europe only 12GB flash memory one for $200 and make people buy a HDD for their system if they want it cheap. They must really be hurting financially.

What will the GAF/Reddit internet community do if the rumors are true and the next Sony/MS console isn't out until spring 2014? With the complaints being made now and the sluggish retail sales what about another full year of this?

As to the actual bundles once again the non-Kinect one is vastly superior to the Kinect bundles.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Well, not to turn this into another console wars thread, but I prefer the exclusives that are only on the 360, so I can live with the price.
Blu-Ray, Netflix...that stuff doesn't matter to me. I buy my game consoles to play games.[/QUOTE]

Ok I think I am going to add more to his console war fire. But what exclusives? In 7 years they have pumped out 3 fables games, 4 forza games, 6 Halo games, and 4 Gears games. Where is the innovation? Last game that was most unique was Alan Wake, but that's not technically an exclusive. There are some J-RPGs that are exclusives, but most of them are kind of crappy. My favorite 360 exclusives are Lost Odyssey & PGR.

Most unique Sony PS3 exclusives in 7 years include Uncharted (3 games), Resistance (3 games), Killzone (2 games), God of War (2 games), Infamous (3 games) Metal Gear 4, Demon Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain, Beyond 2 Souls, Wipeout, All stars, Littlebigplanet (3 games), Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Tear Away, Journey, Flower, Flow, Heavenly Sword, Pixel Junk (7 games), Starhawk/Warhawk, Ratchet (3 games), Sly (2 games) Rain, Yakuza, Echocrome, LoccoRocco, Motorstorm (3 games), white knight (2 games), Floklore, and many others.

So, i don't understand the arguments about exclusivity on 360.

[quote name='MSUHitman']At this point, shouldn't everyone just consider Skyrim a PC/360 exclusive a la Mass Effect 1?

If Sony had dropped the price I bet MS would have done the same. As pointed out before me, MS has been No. 1 across all non-PC hardware for 20 consecutive months in the US, MS has no need to drop the price until someone forces their hand.

I think Sony is missing the boat bundling all this other stuff into their super Slim instead of just selling it for $200. Hell sell the Europe only 12GB flash memory one for $200 and make people buy a HDD for their system if they want it cheap. They must really be hurting financially.

What will the GAF/Reddit internet community do if the rumors are true and the next Sony/MS console isn't out until spring 2014? With the complaints being made now and the sluggish retail sales what about another full year of this?

As to the actual bundles once again the non-Kinect one is vastly superior to the Kinect bundles.[/QUOTE]

At this point, shouldn't everyone just consider Skyrim a PC/360 exclusive a la Mass Effect 1? Why? Because of the DLC? on a 100+ hr game?

If Sony had dropped the price I bet MS would have done the same. As pointed out before me, MS has been No. 1 across all non-PC hardware for 20 consecutive months in the US, MS has no need to drop the price until someone forces their hand. I agree with you on this point. But worldwide they are loosing to Sony.

[quote name='kart007k']Ok I think I am going to add more to his console war fire. But what exclusives? In 7 years they have pumped out 3 fables games, 4 forza games, 6 Halo games, and 4 Gears games. Where is the innovation? Last game that was most unique was Alan Wake, but that's not technically an exclusive. There are some J-RPGs that are exclusives, but most of them are kind of crappy. My favorite 360 exclusives are Lost Odyssey & PGR.

Most unique Sony PS3 exclusives in 7 years include Uncharted (3 games), Resistance (3 games), Killzone (2 games), God of War (2 games), Infamous (3 games) Metal Gear 4, Demon Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain, Beyond 2 Souls, Wipeout, All stars, Littlebigplanet (3 games), Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Tear Away, Journey, Flower, Flow, Heavenly Sword, Pixel Junk (7 games), Starhawk/Warhawk, Ratchet (3 games), Sly (2 games) Rain, Yakuza, Echocrome, LoccoRocco, Motorstorm (3 games), white knight (2 games), Floklore, and many others.

So, i don't understand the arguments about exclusivity on 360.[/QUOTE]

this just turned into a really fun thread ::popcorn::

What does 360 outselling ps3 in N.America have to do with sony having a better bundle out NOW finally for cheaper? fanboys I swear.

all depends on what games you like. I have both consoles, the only PS3 exclusives I care about are Uncharted and Infamous, the only 360 exclusives I care about are Halo and Gears. most games I play are not exclusives.

not a good year for exclusives anyway, we have Halo 4, and what, Journey?

[quote name='kart007k']Ok I think I am going to add more to his console war fire. But what exclusives? In 7 years they have pumped out 3 fables games, 4 forza games, 6 Halo games, and 4 Gears games. Where is the innovation? Last game that was most unique was Alan Wake, but that's not technically an exclusive. There are some J-RPGs that are exclusives, but most of them are kind of crappy. My favorite 360 exclusives are Lost Odyssey & PGR.

[quote name='kart007k'] I agree with you on this point. But worldwide they are loosing to Sony.[/QUOTE]

If you agree with the point, why do you find it necessary to point out that they are losing to Sony worldwide? Does this mean that they should cut the price here in the US since they are selling more consoles in the US? The Wii beat both of them, why not point that out?

[quote name='Jack_Frost']What does 360 outselling ps3 in N.America have to do with sony having a better bundle out NOW finally for cheaper? fanboys I swear.[/QUOTE]

It is not about which one is "better", which is subjective, it is about supply and demand. If you could sell an item for more money would you? Don't you think Nintendo would sell the Wii for more if it could? Why did the 3DS get a price drop?

The answer to the question that was asked that started this discussion is - because people will still pay that much for it.

I don't have the time to argue about which console is better or which bundle is a better deal, or which company has the more innovative exclusives.

As far as I'm concerned:
I am a huge Halo fan. Halo is only on the 360.
I'm going to buy a 360.

There are really great deals on the Wii bundles right now, which is also a newer system.
Does that mean the Wii is better than both the 360 and PS3?

I have them in the BB I work at. 250 GB console (No Kinect) with a physical copy of Forza 4, a download voucher for Skyrim, and a month of Xbox Live for $299.99. Plus if you buy a console you get a year of @Gamer for free.

[quote name='megma42']

It is not about which one is "better", which is subjective, it is about supply and demand. If you could sell an item for more money would you? Don't you think Nintendo would sell the Wii for more if it could? Why did the 3DS get a price drop?

The answer to the question that was asked that started this discussion is - because people will still pay that much for it.[/QUOTE]

But who's to say they can sell the 360 for more now with the recent ps3 bundle price? That's the point.

[quote name='Flacksguy']

There are really great deals on the Wii bundles right now, which is also a newer system.
Does that mean the Wii is better than both the 360 and PS3?[/QUOTE]

Wii is always in the last gen category to me lol. it's like a amped up ps2/xbox

[quote name='Jack_Frost']But who's to say they can sell the 360 for more now with the recent ps3 bundle price? That's the point.

Wii is always in the last gen category to me lol. it's like a amped up ps2/xbox[/QUOTE]

We'll see what happens with Sept, Oct, Nov, & Dec NPD's but with Halo 4 & the pseudo-exclusivity of DLC for CoD on XBox, it's still going to be the No. 1 seller (depending on WiiU stock levels) & if Sony wanted to make noise they should of made their bundle $250 or sold it vanilla for $200.

If not for XBox Live and exclusive RPG's my PS3 would get far more use as its XMB is better than anything MS has made & every app that is on both 360 & PS3 is far superior on PS3 (Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, MLB.TV, etc.)

I've talked to a lot of people who are looking to getting little Timmy a new game console and as soon as you start listing PS3 features its, "but all of his friends have an XBox." Then I say "well you have to get XBox then but you'll have to pay $60 a year for him to play with his friends."

Sony had the chance to push the PS3 and make XBox cut their price but Sony's bundle isn't aggressive enough so MS feels perfectly comfortable at the same prices they've been at for over 2 years.

Anyone who's needing a console should wait for BF anyways. Either company's bundles or ones that are similar will be $200 or less just like last year.

Now someone tell me the WIIU is "too expensive" :roll:

PS3 offers a superior experience as in you don't have to pay money for the things microsoft is giving you. If the PS3 wasn't 800 at launch and came out first it would have won the race. This is also why I believe the WiiU will do well, it'll be the first "new" console and only 300-350$. Will parents what to buy a 720 or PS4 or buy the first thing on the shelves. If the WiiU really wants to stick it to 'em drop the price 50$ the day the 720 or PS4 comes out.

I was in best buy this afternoon and these new holiday bundles were already on the shelf. They appeared to be regular xbox 360 packaging that had been repacked with the holiday bundle games and had a new sticker on the front saying the games were packed in. The games guy had no idea what I was talking about when I asked when they came in.

Probably because you're a raging fanboy.

[quote name='Desousa93']PS3 offers a superior experience as in you don't have to pay money for the things microsoft is giving you. If the PS3 wasn't 800 at launch and came out first it would have won the race. This is also why I believe the WiiU will do well, it'll be the first "new" console and only 300-350$. Will parents what to buy a 720 or PS4 or buy the first thing on the shelves. If the WiiU really wants to stick it to 'em drop the price 50$ the day the 720 or PS4 comes out.[/QUOTE]
People tolerate paying for XBOX Live for two reasons:
1) It provides a better service than PSN (Vanilla only -- PS+ is a great idea and is great value assuming you continue to pay it).
2) If you want to play games online you need XBOX Live.

Microsoft created a sort of mini-monopoly with their system, and they take advantage of it via XBOX Live Gold. Since there are exclusives that millions of people buy religiously and a lot of people have all of their friends on it, people pay it. I think next generation will be interesting, mostly because all of Gold's features will become standard, and Sony will probably put a great deal more emphasis on PS+. Will people tolerate paying online when their competitor not only offers it for free, but does it just as well?

[quote name='Jack_Frost']or the person he was replying to was[/QUOTE]
Why can't it be both? Are you his vocal defender -- his white knight?

EDIT: I don't see how the person he was replying to was a fan boy. He said there are exclusives he likes on the 360 so he prefers it. The replied post was nothing of that sort. He literally listed just about every PS3 exclusive he could think of, PSN and retail. Then listed just four of the 360's big franchises in return.

Only thing i use my Xbox for is a lot of Indie games. Super meat boy, mark of the ninja, trials. etc

oh and I do have Gears of war 3 but I have not even opened it yet

OMG. Console wars again...7 years later. This would be like listening to if the Rolling Stones are better than Aerosmith. WHO CARES!!! If you like the PS3 great. If you like the Xbox 360...GREAT! Geez grow up. I have all consoles. I have them each for a different reason (e.g. exclusives, downloads, RPG's, fondue...whatever). For 7 year old consoles they still entertain me...BOTH the PS3 and Xbox 360 (even the Wii for some games) and it's great to see they are still bundling these consoles. But seriously, get over the fandom. It's tired, it's old and worn out, much like the bands mentioned above!!. :)

bread's done
Back