Vita gets PlayStation Plus in November 'at no extra cost' Read more: http://www.shac

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
s announced at Gamescom, PlayStation Plus is coming to Vita. It will be available this November--and best of all, it will be available at no extra cost to current subscribers. That means one fee will cover both PS3 and Vita.
Like the PS3 version of the service, PlayStation Plus members will gain access to an "instant game collection" for Vita. A regularly rotating selection of full games will be accessible, so long as your membership is active. In addition, Vita owners will get an additional 1GB of cloud game storage. Finally, Plus members will be able to schedule automatic updates and trophy syncs--just like on PS3.
A PlayStation Plus subscription is currently $18 for 3 months and $50 for one year.

Read more: http://www.shacknews.com/article/75...s-in-november-at-no-extra-cost/#ixzz26usjgZ12

question is... is it worth the 18 per 3 months or 50 per year

What games were on it before

The 50 dollar a year deal is obviously the best value. I don't have playstation plus but I won't be able to say that for long.

I've had a PS+ sub for over a year, it's been worth it for the discounts alone, and the free games (as long as you stay a member) are just icing on the cake. Glad to hear this extends to my Vita, great news! Thanks for the heads up, OP.

I really wonder what games will be free for vita. The Ps3 games have been decent so far. I hope the vita ones are good also.

I'm wondering how this will impact the PS3 side of PS+. Hope this doesn't mean we original subscribers will get shortchanged.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Borderlands 1 right now. That's actually what made me decide to spend $50 on a PS+ sub. versus buying CS:GO and a few other games outright. I would love to see perhaps Gravity Rush made available for free in November for PS+ members. Surely Sony will debut the program in November with a bang...

I would be highly surprised if the Plus memberships were actually merged (ie: Vita games take up 2-3 spots of the current Instant Game Collection). That just doesn't make sense. What is likely is that it will have its own Instant Game Collection that is much smaller than the PS3 one (maybe 2-3 games, especially since there aren't many PSN Vita games so it'll likely have many full games).

I've been a Playstation Plus member for only a few months but I feel as if I've already gotten my $50 back and then some. I'm really glad Sony is extending this to the VITA and if you have both systems I don't know how you can afford not to be a member. Unless you hate tons of games for $50 a year. Good show Sony.

[quote name='jkam']I've been a Playstation Plus member for only a few months but I feel as if I've already gotten my $50 back and then some. I'm really glad Sony is extending this to the VITA and if you have both systems I don't know how you can afford not to be a member. Unless you hate tons of games for $50 a year. Good show Sony.[/QUOTE]

what are some of the FREE GAMES people got and how do the FREE GAMES WORK

dont see how this will work

PlayStation Plus members will gain access to an "instant game collection" for Vita. A regularly rotating selection of full games will be accessible

they dont even have enough games to do this ..

[quote name='pete5883']If your subscription lapses for a little while, do you have access to your old free games again when you resubscribe?[/QUOTE]

Yes indeedy. When my PS+ subscription ended the games didn't work & the Playstation Store showed the blue shopping bag icon as if I had selected them for purchase. As soon as I re-subscribed all the games worked again and had a new expiration date for the following year.

Funny thing is that all those PS+ items in my download list were re-shuffled, so to speak. I mean...all the PS1 games were listed together & all the Minis were listed together, etc. It was one of the rare occasions where I saw Sony doing something useful xD

[quote name='slidecage']what are some of the FREE GAMES people got and how do the FREE GAMES WORK

dont see how this will work

PlayStation Plus members will gain access to an "instant game collection" for Vita. A regularly rotating selection of full games will be accessible

they dont even have enough games to do this ..[/QUOTE]
Usually 1-2 major games are free each month, and then 1-2 smaller indie titles are free, followed by discounts and early access. There are plenty of games to do this with on the Vita, especially considering it's not limited to 1st party.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']What would REALLY be wild is if Walmart had an insider tip and decided to throw these 10 games on sale because these are the ones Sony's giving us!:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328519

Looks like Vita memory cards aren't getting a price drop any time soon...[/QUOTE]

That'd be crazy if it were all 10 Sony was giving us for free in November. That'd definitely move some Vita consoles. They're all sony titles too so it's possible.

[quote name='SynGamer']Usually 1-2 major games are free each month, and then 1-2 smaller indie titles are free, followed by discounts and early access. There are plenty of games to do this with on the Vita, especially considering it's not limited to 1st party.[/QUOTE]

guessing my 8gb memory card isnt going to be BIG enough when this happens in NOV....

IF i knew if i could hook the VITA up to the computer using the USB cable i might join in nov..
dont have wireless internet and dont feel like going to hotspots

then again thanksgiving is in NOV and might be able to get a very cheap wireless router

looking at Netgear WNR2000 N300 but 45 is very high for something i would not use more then once every two or three onths

[quote name='slidecage']guessing my 8gb memory card isnt going to be BIG enough when this happens in NOV....

IF i knew if i could hook the VITA up to the computer using the USB cable i might join in nov..

then again thanksgiving is in NOV and might be able to get a very cheap wireless router

looking at Netgear WNR2000 N300 but 45 is very high for something i would not use more then once every two or three onths[/QUOTE]

if you're really in love with that particular model, Newegg has it refurb'd for 27.99. I don't know why you wouldn't just find the cheapest 802.11b/g router you can though (usually around $10-$15) if you don't plan on using it for anything else.

[quote name='slidecage']guessing my 8gb memory card isnt going to be BIG enough when this happens in NOV....

looking at Netgear WNR2000 N300 but 45 is very high for something i would not use more then once every two or three onths[/QUOTE]

Saw this on SD($15 refurb, free shipping): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16833124361

I have that 1. Got if from Walmart for $30 or so, last year. I have Road Runner internet. The router is fast, my internet speed I pay for is fast. I can be on my PS3, Vita, HP Touchpad, desktop and still go fast, all at the same time.

It's cool to be in bed and browse the net on my Vita or watch a Netflix movie on it!:)

Don't forget to set a password on whatever you decide to buy, if you do get 1.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']if they include PSP games for free i will finally become a member[/QUOTE]

^This I have a bunch of UMD PSP games and would like to be able to play them legitimately on my Vita.

I can play them on my PSP, but would like the digital versions when my PSP kicks the bucket in the future. Still can't see myself paying for digital copies of games I already own.

I'm sure due to the small library of Vita specific games, there will be psp games as part the IGC.

This, of course, is just a guess.

bread's done
Back