Survivor: Philippines

cheapfrag

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Season: 25

Special contestants: Jeff Kent (MLB player) and Lisa Whelchel (Blair in "Facts of Life" 80s sitcom)

Twist:
3 teams of 6.
Each team consistes of 1 returning player who was medically evacuated during their season:
--- Michael Skupin (age 50) - from Season 2 - The Australian Outback
--- Jonathan Penner (age 50) - SURVIVOR: MICRONESIA - FANS vs. FAVORITES
--- Russell Swan (age 45) - SURVIVOR: SAMOA (2009)

Since my attempt to resurrect the previous season thread was thwarted and the thread was locked, I decided to create a new thread for the new season.

I myself only watched the 1st hour, so while I saw which team lost, I don't know who got voted out. Seems like a good mix of "characters" but we shall see if it's entertaining.

Between this and the lack of posts in the Big Brother and Hell's Kitchen threads this past summer, it seems the reality show genre is dead on CAG.

I haven't watched the second episode, but I enjoyed the first.

And there's way too many shots of snakes this year. fuck that shit. I jump every time they show one.

I liked the first episode until Tribal Council. too much talking for such an early episode there. Didnt watch last week's.

Pitfall has a point though, the reality show genre is definitely dead here and I think its starting to follow in other places too. How many seasons of the same tired shows (Survivor, Idol, Hell's Kitchen, etc) can you really expect to watch?

Well, I was off work with nothing to do, so I watched all the episodes until the one that aired yesterday, and then I watched that one today. I don't watch every season, but I like them when I do. The beginning of the show is a bit tiresome, though. Do you really care who gets voted off in the first 5 or 6 episodes? And you know who it will be. "He snores and farts in his sleep....big mistake".

I admit I'm not as big of a super fan of this as I was in the beginning, but I still watch it when I can.

And you're right - the first 5-6 episodes are boring because you're not familiar with the contestants.

I was about 4 episodes behind (due to Hurricane Sandy) and recently caught up on the shows. I think it's actually better than the last couple of seasons. I like Jonathan Penner... he seems very good at reading people. I don't like the Brazillian women though... she is a bitch... but I like her on the show because you always need someone to hate.

bread's done
Back