Lego Rock Band (360) for $1 at Best Buy (YMMV)

TheDingo

CAGiversary!
Just dropped by the Best Buy in Bellevue, WA and found that they had a stack of Lego Rock Band (360) for 99 cents. Best Buy's website still prices the game at $20, so this might be YMMV.

I'm not even sure if I'm going to play it, but it is worth it just to get the export code for Rock Band 3/Blitz. With the $10 export, it ends up being $11 for 45 tracks:

All American Rejects, “Swing, Swing”
The Kooks, “Naïve”
The Automatic, “Monster”
KoRn, “Word Up!”
Blink-182, “Aliens Exist”
KT Tunstall, “Suddenly I See”
Blur, “Song 2”
Lostprophets, “Rooftops”
Bon Jovi, “You Give Love a Bad Name”
P!NK, “So What”
Boys like Girls, “Thunder”
The Police, “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”
Bryan Adams, “Summer of ’69”
The Primitives, “Crash”
Carl Douglas, “Kung Fu Fighting”
Queen, “We Are The Champions”
The Coral, “Dreaming of You”
Queen, “We Will Rock You”
Counting Crows, “Accidentally in Love”
Rascal Flatts, “Life is a Highway”
David Bowie, “Let’s Dance”
Ray Parker Jr., “Ghostbusters”
Elton John, “Crocodile Rock”
Razorlight, “Stumble and Fall”
Europe, “The Final Countdown”
Spin Doctors, “Two Princes”
Everlife, “Real Wild Child”
Spinal Tap, “Short & Sweet”
Foo Fighters, “Breakout”
Steve Harly, “Make Me Smile”
Good Charlotte, “Girls & Boys”
Sum 41, “In Too Deep”
The Hives, “Tick Tick Boom!”
Supergrass, “Grace”
Iggy Pop, “The Passenger”
Tom Petty, “Free Fallin”
Incubus, “Dig”
T-Rex, “Ride a White Swan”
Jackson 5, “I Want You Back”
Vampire Weekend, “A-Punk”
Jimi Hendrix, “Fire”
We the Kings, “Check Yes Juliet”
Kaiser Chiefs, “Ruby”
The Zutons, “Valerie”
Katrina & The Waves, “Walking on Sunshine”

[quote name='Preedatore']Isn't export free with a new copy? Definitely worth it for $1 if so[/QUOTE]

No. It's $10.

-Hah, I didn't even realize the trade in value was more than new. The store might be watching out for that now...
-It was not in a bin, but was stacked at the bottom of the pre-owned 360 game rack.
-Export is still $10 and the game disc is required to export (the code is redeemed online, which gives you a 5x5, which you redeem on XBL, which unlocks the export command in game, which then charges 800 MSP to download all of the tracks).

Since I've already gotten a few requests, I need to note that I do not have my receipt. I threw it out on my way out of the store. If you want to try to price match at another Best Buy, the store number is 498.

I live in Bellevue and have seen this too. Sucks since I purchased a copy for $10 a month or so before I saw these $0.99 copies. I have been tempted to grab a few copies since they're so cheap and attempt to trade them or sell them on Craigslist but haven't bit the bullet yet.

yah, if anyone decides to go to the store, please pick an extra one up for me...I'll send some money for the export code through paypal..then feel free to ebay/trade in the disc. I'd really appreciate it.

[quote name='XT14']yah, if anyone decides to go to the store, please pick an extra one up for me...I'll send some money for the export code through paypal..then feel free to ebay/trade in the disc. I'd really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you know how this works...You buy the export on XBL and you need the disc to export the songs.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I don't think you know how this works...You buy the export on XBL and you need the disc to export the songs.[/QUOTE]

if memory serves me correctly, you can use the export code on RB3. Just go to Get More Songs, then Redeem Code. The export is downloaded as a big pack. Works for Green Day as well

Lego Rock Band does not work the same. I'm forgetting the details, but you have to go to a website, enter your code and then you somehow end up with the option to buy the download on your Xbox. Or something like that. It doesn't require RB3. It DOES require the Lego Rock Band disc.

ah, yes I wasn't aware of that...most other games (in recent memory, which may be fading) just needed the code with a massive download later. This would be the first game I tried to transfer that I didn't already buy anyhow. Thanks for clearing it up so I wouldn't be wasting my time as well as someone elses.

I still have 2 xbox 360 copies and 1 wii copy sealed from when Old Navy gave them out for free on Black Friday a few years ago.

Guess I need to go trade them in to best buy!

*record scratch* ... that's a hell of a deal!

I too got this for free from Old Navy. I never got around to playing much of it, but hell, how many times can you say you got a free video game from Old Navy the day after Thanksgiving?

Nice. Got the last copy my store had last fall for $7.50. Played it, gave the code away on here and then traded it back for $7.80 with a trade deal so with tax I had a grand total of 15 cents invested.

[quote name='fadersdream']Buy this game, it has a lot of the songs that answer "why isn't (insert song name) on rockband?"[/QUOTE]

Wait, what's the answer? It certainly doesn't answer "why isn't there any Weird Al in Rock Band?"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']Lego Rock Band does not work the same. I'm forgetting the details, but you have to go to a website, enter your code and then you somehow end up with the option to buy the download on your Xbox. Or something like that. It doesn't require RB3. It DOES require the Lego Rock Band disc.[/QUOTE]

If that's a thing, it's a new thing.

The only Rock Band game I ever had to pay for an export on was Rock Band 1.

The others all exported with the code, no MSP necessary.

[quote name='SackAttack']If that's a thing, it's a new thing.

The only Rock Band game I ever had to pay for an export on was Rock Band 1.

The others all exported with the code, no MSP necessary.[/QUOTE]

just checked the forums and sure enough even though you download the tracks still (1.3gb) you have to do it through the lego rock band disc...what a PITA. I'm overseas at the moment so was hoping to just use a code like any logical game. I don't know what they were trying to accomplish here? Preventing people from selling the codes seperately? I guess in my case it works fine, but for most other people you could just borrow it/rent it/or do a gamestop used game "rental"

bread's done
Back