Fable:The Journey Spire of the shard DLC

FirstSonofLight

CAGiversary!
Follow this link for free Fable: The Journey DLC
http://uk.gamespot.com/event/codes/fable_the_journey_giveaway20120820/

You must be a gamespot member or sign up to be a member.
Do not worry about the UK, it gave me the code and it worked an I am in the US.

Fable: The Journey Giveaway Fable: The Journey won't be released for the Xbox 360 until October, but August 21 marks the release of the official prequel novel to the game, Fable: Edge of the World. You can enjoy a lengthy excerpt from the start of the book below, courtesy of Microsoft and publisher Random House. You can also grab yourself a special in-game item by claiming a code that can be redeemed on Xbox Live immediately.

The in-game item in question is a "Fragment of the Spire" mini shard that hangs from your horse and cart. In addition to being a nice-looking trinket, the shard will afford you a free bolt mana bar upgrade.

Good find OP, but I realized I'd have to register a new account and decided to pass. Good find for others though.

Brilliant move giving out free DLC for a game that's guaranteed to be terrible. Go after those cheevo hunters, lol.

[quote name='Slowdance']Brilliant move giving out free DLC for a game that's guaranteed to be terrible. Go after those cheevo hunters, lol.[/QUOTE]

have you tried the demo? or just trolling?

Anyway, yeah, I picked this up a couple days ago. Now if we could only figure out where to get the gnome DLC. It's one of the classic Fable gnome statues that rides with you on your cart and throws out insults as you ride along. That's a must have!!

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']have you tried the demo? or just trolling?
[/QUOTE]

Lol, are you being serious? Have you seen them demo this game? They have a complete meltdown every time somebody correctly points out that its on rails.

Never mind that Fable is a terrible franchise without a single worthwhile game...

Am I missing something? Where's the code?
(Bare w/ me, its early Sunday morning)

edit. You have to scroll down and re-register.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drawingboard']Am I missing something? Where's the code?
(Bare w/ me, its early Sunday morning)[/QUOTE]

Assuming you're signed in to GameSpot, there should be a form about halfway down the page. (Link in OP) Just fill in a few fields and click submit. The code should be displayed in a few moments.

BTW, thanks for the link, OP. I like the franchise. I still check in on the beggar I married in Fable III from time to time. :cool:

[quote name='Slowdance']Lol, are you being serious? Have you seen them demo this game? They have a complete meltdown every time somebody correctly points out that its on rails.

Never mind that Fable is a terrible franchise without a single worthwhile game...[/QUOTE]

While I am not going to try to defend the quality of The Journey, you are a blind fool if you think Fable 1 was a bad game. One of the very best of that entire console generation for sure.

[quote name='Nax5']While I am not going to try to defend the quality of The Journey, you are a blind fool if you think Fable 1 was a bad game. One of the very best of that entire console generation for sure.[/QUOTE]

I still have it along with the special edition DVD for preordering. The game is an absolute abortion. I would have sold it long ago if it had ever been worth more than a few bucks.

Its literally one of the worst games i've ever played, and there is no challenge to be found in any part of it. It's only popular because dudebros like to tell people they play RPGs, even if they are in fact just a sloppy action adventure game. (See: Mass Effect, Skyrim.)

[quote name='Slowdance']I still have it along with the special edition DVD for preordering. The game is an absolute abortion. I would have sold it long ago if it had ever been worth more than a few bucks.

Its literally one of the worst games i've ever played, and there is no challenge to be found in any part of it. It's only popular because dudebros like to tell people they play RPGs, even if they are in fact just a sloppy action adventure game. (See: Mass Effect, Skyrim.)[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that you came into this thread full of hate for the series. As such you had no reason to come into the thread except to troll or to flame.

Shouldn't you be elsewhere? Doing better things?

I came in to laugh that they are suckering people into buying a shit "game" with free release date DLC.

At least Molyneux isn't involved though, that guy is the Uwe Boll of the game industry.

It's hardly anything to be running to the store to buy the game for. It's a small trinket with a tiny boost in the smallest regards to gameplay. You act as though this is some sort of DLC that is worth crushing old women and children as I trample over them to grab a copy of the game for.

Opinions are fun! Maybe you are sore you missed the free BF3 Premium . . .

[quote name='Slowdance']I came in to laugh that they are suckering people into buying a shit "game" with free release date DLC.

At least Molyneux isn't involved though, that guy is the Uwe Boll of the game industry.[/QUOTE]

I heard there's a new site, it's called cheaplameassgamer. You should look it up, it may fit your interests more. (Not regarding Uwe Boll - he sucks).

I'll probably give The Journey a chance - the free DLC is much appreciated.

Thanks OP! I got my code!

I am definitely picking up this game but it definitely a price wait. No way am I going to be suckered into buying another Fable game at full price, lol.

Thanks OP. I read terrible things about this game and there's nearly zero chance of me ever getting this game, but if I ever do, it's nice to know I can get a freebie with it.

Lols, deleted my posts but not the replies. Its unbelievably easy to ruffle feathers here, even when stating the obvious.

Thanks for the heads up, OP! I snagged my shard DLC.

There was talk of a gnome DLC where you get a gnome to ride along on your cart and it hurls insults at you, but nobody knows where or how to get it. That's the one I want!

There is like next to no buzz about this game, but as a big Fable fan, I'm excited for it. The demo played well, which with Kinect games, always worries me. But, this one played just about as well as the Gunstringer, which was a great game.

There is a theory floating around that you get the gnome from the achievement in Fable III that requires you to destroy all 50 gnomes.

bread's done
Back