PS3 network card issue?

CaptainZombie

CAGiversary!
My PS3 slim which I have had since Spring 2010 has decided to have network card issues over the last week. At times I can download stuff of PSN with the slightest problem and a demo can take 14-15 minutes which is normal. Other times, whatever I try to d/l will hang and not start to download at all. The best of all is these right here.......... 270,000 minutes to download LittleBigPlanet 2, that is 4500 hours. LOL! I have a 30 mbps connection with Comcast.

photo1vzd.jpg

photofei.jpg

I've reformatted my PS3, called Comcast to see if something is up with my connection, contacted Sony this morning, and have tried all kinds of different settings with my wireless router to no avail. I even tried wired and I am still getting terrible download speeds. I even tried my kids PS3 to download a few things as a test and theirs downloads without much of an issue.

I am to a point right now where I am about to just give up.

Has anyone else have this happen?

Sounds like the networking stuff in that is dying. You need to replace it or get another PS3. Sorry man.

Try disabling the Media Server Connection option (in Network settings) -- even if you don't have/use a media server.

I encounter that problem when downloading patches whenever the media server option is enabled, as do many people. I haven't had it happen when downloading anything other than patches, though, so this solution might not apply to your situation. Worth a shot either way.

You can also try and hardware and setup your pc with something like privoxy and point your PS3 to that. Google "privoxy ps3" and there are a ton of tutorials. If that is the case, then it is likely something between the PS3 and your router. Assuming your PC download times are fine, right?

I'll see if I can dig up what setting it is on most routers that can cause a problem...I just cannot remember off the top of my head.

Wireless sucks, but you probably already know that.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Have you tried using changing the connection type from what you are currently using?

[quote name='waldo21212']Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Have you tried using changing the connection type from what you are currently using?[/QUOTE]

He said he has tried both wired and wireless.

Another thing that "may have" happened is your PS3 could've gotten moved to the bottom of the "Quality of Service" (QoS) list somehow. Maybe you did something on ur PC that changed the access priority of the PS3's MAC. It's worth a shot to go to your router's web-interface and check the QoS, or maybe it's in your PC's QoS settings. Either way, it can drastically change your speed on one particular device without affecting your other devices, but at other times still have normal speeds.

[quote name='jmbreci']You can also try and hardware and setup your pc with something like privoxy and point your PS3 to that. Google "privoxy ps3" and there are a ton of tutorials. If that is the case, then it is likely something between the PS3 and your router. Assuming your PC download times are fine, right?

I'll see if I can dig up what setting it is on most routers that can cause a problem...I just cannot remember off the top of my head.

Wireless sucks, but you probably already know that.[/QUOTE]

Only downside to privoxy is that if you're hosting a multiplayer game it will lag for other players. Its awesome for data downloads though.

bread's done
Back