Dragon Age Bundle PC Download $10

StickyWaffles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Includes both of the games and their DLCs. Matches the price Amazon had a few months ago, but now I actually have a laptop that can run them, plus a ton of GameStop credit, so I just grabbed it.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/dragon-age-bundle/93152

Not sure when this bundle dropped in price or how long it's going to last. Also bad news, you have to install the GameStop PC download program, even just to get the codes to register the game into Origin and download it from there. Definitely a hassle, but a decent enough price to jump through a few hoops.

Thanks, good deal, DAOU sealed it for me. Just traded in DAII also. All I saw for 2 was the black emporium content, so it doesn't include exiled prince DLC, mark of the assassin, or.legacy. Dont remember if there were other packa besides that.

There were two item packs also, but those three you listed are the story packs. DA2 doesn't have a GOTY/ultimate/etc edition and EA/Bioware doesn't sell DLC elsewhere so DA2 isn't complete. But that's normal. They've outright refused to release a complete pack for it.

So I put all the codes from the GameStop App into Origin. When I run Dragon Age: UE, it tells me that my DLC is "unauthorized" and to log into the account that bought the content. I am logged in though. Any ideas to fix this?

[quote name='crimsonassassin']So I put all the codes from the GameStop App into Origin. When I run Dragon Age: UE, it tells me that my DLC is "unauthorized" and to log into the account that bought the content. I am logged in though. Any ideas to fix this?[/QUOTE]

try to register it at the bioware wesite. social.bioware.com my products section the is a how to at the da site

[quote name='6er']All I saw for 2 was the black emporium content, so it doesn't include exiled prince DLC, mark of the assassin, or.legacy.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='darkling23']DA2 doesn't have a GOTY/ultimate/etc edition and EA/Bioware doesn't sell DLC elsewhere so DA2 isn't complete. But that's normal. They've outright refused to release a complete pack for it.[/QUOTE]
That's a bummer - and annoying. I already own DA:O, DA:A, and DA2, but I'm missing about half the DLC. So I keep hoping one these bundles will come along and help me fill in the gaps. But so far none of them include the DA2 DLC. I know DA2 is less popular than the original - but c'mon, EA, throw us a bone here already! :(

The Dragon Age 2 and DragonAge ultimate codes are seperate. And there's even two codes for Dragon Age Ultimate, one saying that it's the DLC, so it might work out even better for you. I finally have it all downloaded, so I'm going to double check to make sure everything's installed.

The sale ends today btw, it's a daily deal. The Dead Space pack is also $10, not as good of a deal, though.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']So I put all the codes from the GameStop App into Origin. When I run Dragon Age: UE, it tells me that my DLC is "unauthorized" and to log into the account that bought the content. I am logged in though. Any ideas to fix this?[/QUOTE]
As one poster said - make sure you tie your DAO DLC content to your BioWare Social Account.
Also, make sure you install the newest DAO patch (patch 1.05), which helps fix the troubles of DLC authorization.

Basically - you NEED Dragon Age Updater service running in the background.
One of the problems w/ DAO Ultimate was that it just doesn't install that service (when you install the game), while older editions of DAO actually did. (WTH?)
[Yes, the DAO Service Installer is in your DAO folder, somewhere - but you shouldn't need to run that if you just go ahead and put in Patch 1.05]
Updating to newest DAO patch 1.05 should help fix this matter.

Dragon Age: Origins 1.05

General Fixes

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
Downloadable content will properly authenticate once installed.

PERFORMANCE
Fixed an issue where some users with DirectX10-era video cards were experiencing significant lag within menus and interfaces as well as sudden spikes in area load times.

Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition Fixes
INSTALLATION
The Ultimate Edition installer for the EA Download Manager (EADM) version of the game was placing the CD-Key in the wrong location in the Windows registry. EADM has been replaced with EA's Origin system and this error has been corrected in the new Origin installer. For those who purchased and installed the Ultimate Edition via EADM, the Patch 1.05 installer will copy that CD-Key into the correct Windows registry location.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='6er']Thanks, good deal, DAOU sealed it for me. Just traded in DAII also. All I saw for 2 was the black emporium content, so it doesn't include exiled prince DLC, mark of the assassin, or.legacy. Dont remember if there were other packa besides that.[/QUOTE]

Something new for BioWare for their PC titles since ME2 - many of BioWare's DLC's are ONLY sold directly through the BioWare Store and you'll have to buy BioWare Points to actually get these DLC's.
The biggest problem here - BioWare Points RARELY go on sale for cheap - maybe like once or twice a year, if that.

Basically, PC versions of ME2 and DA2 suffer from this ordeal...

I really love KOTOR and this deal only lasts for a lil' while longer but I'm on the fence about it. One because its Origin (I thought I wouldn't mind even if it was for BF3 but Origin is truly horrible), and I have no idea what the game is about.

Wow.. so glad i never played this on PC with all this origin and DRM BS im reading here

BTW, anyone know why the PS3 version of Origin Ultimate is so hard to find cheap? I bought the original on the 360 but stalled on it when they never patched it. I hear its patched and figured id replay it with all the content for the PS3 before i resume where i was on the 360 version (since i dont really remember what i was doing). However i cant find it new anywhere, and used copies are 20 bucks or more it seems. I hate buying used anyway. Theres tons of 360 versions out there for really cheap but the ps3 version seems way harder to find

The 1.05 patch fixed the issue for me. Also, don't forget to get the DA2 high res texture pack at the bottom of the patch page on bioware

[quote name='MC Kage']I really love KOTOR and this deal only lasts for a lil' while longer but I'm on the fence about it. One because its Origin (I thought I wouldn't mind even if it was for BF3 but Origin is truly horrible), and I have no idea what the game is about.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic dark medieval-fantasy story about a bunch of combatants from different regions and race join together to stop an emerging evil Darkspawn monsters that are trying to destroy the world. If you ever loved Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 on the PC, you really do owe it to yourself to play this. You control a party (usually of 4) and make decisions that'll decide the fate of towns, peoples, lands, and your fellow companions. It's the best strategic-style RPG's around in recent memory. There are so very few of these type of RPG's around anymore...
Took me around 105 hours to finish DAO; another 30 hours for Awakening expansion; and I really ain't touched the DLC though.

Dragon Age 2 is the sequel, but it's nowhere as great as say the original DA: Origins. DA2 (base game) is NOWHERE as strategic as DAO, since the extra overhead tactical camera got removed. Also, the combat is faster and more action-orientated, as well. This story takes place in ONE city for most of the game, not an ENTIRE continent. A lot of recycled environments & rushed side-quests also make the game nowhere as great as the original game. Though the story is often nowhere as epic in scale as the original. The story is much more personal here AND there are some great characters in this game (Merrill and Varric come to my mind here). This took me over 40 hours, if I recall...

For $10, getting both DA:O Ultimate Edition and DA2 is a STEAL, as far as I'm concerned...

I'm so confused. How does this work in origin? Per the Gamestop app, I redeemed the DLC code on the Bioware site using my Origin login, but it is not showing up in my Origin library. Does the DLC show up in-game? (DA2 DLC does not show up either... even though I redeemed that successfully in Origin.)

[quote name='hordak']I'm so confused. How does this work in origin? Per the Gamestop app, I redeemed the DLC code on the Bioware site using my Origin login, but it is not showing up in my Origin library. Does the DLC show up in-game? (DA2 DLC does not show up either... even though I redeemed that successfully in Origin.)[/QUOTE]

Redeem it on origin and you don't need to sign in to BioWare

[quote name='hordak']I'm so confused. How does this work in origin? Per the Gamestop app, I redeemed the DLC code on the Bioware site using my Origin login, but it is not showing up in my Origin library. Does the DLC show up in-game? (DA2 DLC does not show up either... even though I redeemed that successfully in Origin.)[/QUOTE]

We got a good start by registering your DLC on your BioWare Site.

BioWare DLC's (for games before Mass Effect 3) should show up and actually be downloaded through your BioWare Social Club Account.

On BioWare Social, sign into your account.
Go to My Games > My Registered Content.
There you go - that's all the BioWare DLC you own and can download.

Clicking on "More Info" on your DLC's should give you a pop-up box -- that'll tell you how to DL or unlock the DLC; OR give you an option to download the DLC installer file right then and there.

@6er, I had already redeemed on the BioWare site. So, my code comes up as used when I try to redeem on Origin. So, for you, does the DLC show up in your library?

@MysterD, very helpful. For some content like "The Stone Prisoner" and "Feastday Gifts", there is no "More Info" links. However, others like "Return to Ostagar" and "The Darkspawn Chronicles" do. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks to you both.

[quote name='hordak']@6er, I had already redeemed on the BioWare site. So, my code comes up as used when I try to redeem on Origin. So, for you, does the DLC show up in your library?

@MysterD, very helpful. For some content like "The Stone Prisoner" and "Feastday Gifts", there is no "More Info" links. However, others like "Return to Ostagar" and "The Darkspawn Chronicles" do. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks to you both.[/QUOTE]
Yes. I redeemed using origin. A bit later, my BS account showed all the DLC registered to it. (Automatically)

Yeah, their system is a bit unorthodox and clunky.
Oh how I wish BioWare rights the ship with DAIII.

ME3 and DA2 have had huge issues, TOR underperformed, and Im afraid they lost their touch. I won't be buying anymore on day 1 after their recent games.

[quote name='hordak']@6er, I had already redeemed on the BioWare site. So, my code comes up as used when I try to redeem on Origin. So, for you, does the DLC show up in your library?

Thanks to you both.[/QUOTE]

Might want to check your DAO folder - if you have 27 GB worth of content, you've got it all.

When I redeemed DAO Ultimate on Origin (first DAO code, not the extra DLC code), it should download ALL of your DLC's. They should be in your DAO\Addin folder (newer version w/ Origin) or My Documents\Bioware\DAO\Addins (older versions).
Might want to check your DAO folder - if you have 27 GB worth of content, you've got it all.
The real problem should be activating them.
Patch 1.05 solves that activation issue - make sure you download that.
Also, make sure you update Witch Hunt to its Version 1.1 - to fix some major issues.
And make sure when running DAO game - you're signed into your BioWare Account, check DLC Content section, and give it a little bit of time to activate DLC's on its own.

Some of those DLC's w/ the dashes - i.e. Stone Prisoner (Shale), Blood Dragon Armor - were Day 0 DLC's.
Those were "on-disc" DLC's that shipped w/ the game and were basically unlock codes, if I recall.
"Return to "Ostagar, "Dawnspawn Chronicles", "Leilana's Song" and other DLC's were release a bit AFTER the DAO game was released.

The DLC's for DAO Ultimate and DA2 does NOT show in My Origin Game Library, no.
You do NOT activate those there - you do that on Bioware Social Club.
Your DLC Code geta registered over on BioWare Social Club account.

If I recall, DA2's DLC's downloaded what it needed automatically, when I accessed the DLC page right within the DA2 game...
You can DL The Black Emporium from clicking on "More Info" > "Download".
If you are playing DA2 and have a DX10 PC (Win Vista or above), make sure you DL all of the High-Res Textures packs and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
All very through information. Again, thanks you both. :applause: It all makes sense to me now, and everything should be good to go once I download and install. (This is in my queue right after I get through Blur and Metro 2033).

[quote name='MysterD']
The DLC's for DAO Ultimate and DA2 does NOT show in My Origin Game Library, no.
You do NOT activate those there -
[/QUOTE]

I did, works fine

[quote name='6er']I did, works fine[/QUOTE]

Interesting.
Maybe this is...recent?

I probably installed DAO Ultimate on this PC about at least a year ago or so...

I just finished DAII and god is it not a good RPG.

DAO is A W E S O M E though. One of my fav RPGs ever. The bundle is worth it for that alone especially since it comes with Awakening too.

[quote name='bg2001']I just finished DAII and god is it not a good RPG. [/quote]
I thought it was good, but NOWHERE even remotely near DAO's level.
Not many are on DAO's level of greatness.

DAO is A W E S O M E though. One of my fav RPGs ever. The bundle is worth it for that alone especially since it comes with Awakening too.

And all 9 DLC's.

[quote name='MysterD']Interesting.
Maybe this is...recent?

I probably installed DAO Ultimate on this PC about at least a year ago or so...[/QUOTE]

Yes ( read through the page for the full context)

Thanks for the patch info MysterD. The bundle is still $10, so I'm not sure when all of the bundle deals are going away. The GameStop download store is starting to compete with the prices of Amazon, Steam, and GMG, Battlefield 3 is $10 for example. Great for me, since I have GS credit to burn.

[quote name='MysterD']Dragon Age: Origins is an epic dark medieval-fantasy story about a bunch of combatants from different regions and race join together to stop an emerging evil Darkspawn monsters that are trying to destroy the world. If you ever loved Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 on the PC, you really do owe it to yourself to play this. You control a party (usually of 4) and make decisions that'll decide the fate of towns, peoples, lands, and your fellow companions. It's the best strategic-style RPG's around in recent memory. There are so very few of these type of RPG's around anymore...
Took me around 105 hours to finish DAO; another 30 hours for Awakening expansion; and I really ain't touched the DLC though.

Dragon Age 2 is the sequel, but it's nowhere as great as say the original DA: Origins. DA2 (base game) is NOWHERE as strategic as DAO, since the extra overhead tactical camera got removed. Also, the combat is faster and more action-orientated, as well. This story takes place in ONE city for most of the game, not an ENTIRE continent. A lot of recycled environments & rushed side-quests also make the game nowhere as great as the original game. Though the story is often nowhere as epic in scale as the original. The story is much more personal here AND there are some great characters in this game (Merrill and Varric come to my mind here). This took me over 40 hours, if I recall...

For $10, getting both DA:O Ultimate Edition and DA2 is a STEAL, as far as I'm concerned...[/QUOTE]
Damn, mad late. Appreciate the feedback. I can tell its a pretty good series, watched reviews and everything but I passed, not for me.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Thanks for the patch info MysterD. The bundle is still $10, so I'm not sure when all of the bundle deals are going away. The GameStop download store is starting to compete with the prices of Amazon, Steam, and GMG, Battlefield 3 is $10 for example. Great for me, since I have GS credit to burn.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. :)

GameStop PC App has some good deals here & there, yes.
Not as often as Steam, Gamersgate, or Amazon DVG - but GameStop PC App is doing better than they used to.

Oh, Battlefield 3 is EASILY worth the $10 - I bought it for that when Origin had it for that price recently.

That game is just gorgeous technically, if you can run it maxed-out...or close to it.

While the SP feels like someone threw WAY too much COD: MW1 & 2 (storyline, scripted events and smaller scale maps when compared to most BF games) into a Battlefield game, it's still good & solid; it just ain't spectacular. Took like 8 hours for me to punch through the SP.

Though, the MP is complete opposite - big & expansive maps; tons of players online on these huge maps; and it also can feel more free-form depending on what mode you play (Conquest Mode!). I've always loved Team DM, so I'm glad that's here, as well.

Simply put:
BF3 MP = AWESOME;
BF3 SP = GOOD, but not great.

[quote name='MC Kage']Damn, mad late. Appreciate the feedback. I can tell its a pretty good series, watched reviews and everything but I passed, not for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the DA series been pretty good, so far - namely b/c DAO was a flat-out strategy-RPG masterpiece. There's a major lack of these, in recent years - as there's more emphasis on controlling ONE character entirely; OR having VERY limited control on your party members.

I mean, what were the last major AAA party-based strategy-RPG's? Drakensang: The Dark Eye and then Drakensang: The River of Time, maybe?
{eyebrow raised}
Maybe before that....there was Neverwinter Nights 2 + all its expansions (Mask of the Betrayer + Storm of Zehir).

Though, I am most definitely looking forward to Project Eternity, once that comes around...

bread's done
Back