Super Mario Bros. World 1-1: Mobius Strip for $24.00

sykotek

CAGiversary!
This is not exactly a deal in the normal sense, but in case you've been browsing various gaming sites in the past week or so, you've probably seen this neat Super Mario Bros. World 1-1: Mobius Strip that has been making the rounds.

Well, turns out it is being sold for only $24.00 and I didn't notice it being mentioned here when I searched about it, so I figured I'd post about it in case anyone else was interested in getting one.

674x501_683524_548645_1346342008.jpg

You can find out more info and also buy it here.

Is that one of those optical illusion things that "can't exist" in reality but clearly exists in the real world?

[quote name='limelight022']Why this is posted here is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you but I usually pay $60+ for collectible Möbius strips.

If you're nerdy enough to be interested in a Super Mario Bros. Möbius strip, you can probably make one in a few minutes with a color printer instead of spending $24 on one.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I don't know about you but I usually pay $60+ for collectible Möbius strips.[/QUOTE]

:applause: You win the thread, good sir.

Er, unless you were serious.

[quote name='blindinglights']If you're nerdy enough to be interested in a Super Mario Bros. Möbius strip, you can probably make one in a few minutes with a color printer instead of spending $24 on one.[/QUOTE]

My printer doesn't print onto hard plastic though, only paper

[quote name='shadowkast']My printer doesn't print onto hard plastic though, only paper[/QUOTE]

my printer doesnt print circular sheets with a twist either.

I'm guessing this is just something you put on display?

EDIT: nm, I saw the link. You put it on your desk or hang it from a string.

What da fuck is that thing? It looks so gimmicky and something little kids, grandmothers and overweight housewives would use. Wait, what? Nintendo's preorders are all sold out? If that's the case, I will eat your first born child for one.

I'm really liking this. I already have the Marcus Fenix statue on my desk at work and get the love from the fans and the WTF from everyone else. I've been looking for a Mario piece so this way everyone can relate to it. Love how its sort of 3D as well. Really wish it was just $10 cheaper (gotta live up to my CAG title).

Hm, it's made out of sandstone, and has a carved kind of look. That's kind of cool, though it's not for me.

Nicer than the photo in the thread gets across- it's much more than just a printed piece of paper or plastic. Seems worth the price, if this is something you'd want.

EDIT: Pic to show texture.
674x501_683524_570999_1347944734.jpg

[quote name='BetaDemo']Is that one of those optical illusion things that "can't exist" in reality but clearly exists in the real world?[/QUOTE]

It's just a mobius strip. Nothing preventing a 1-dimensional sheet from existing.

Now I want a Metroid Klein bottle.

[quote name='blackstarre']Hm, it's made out of sandstone[/QUOTE]

3-D printers can use sandstone as a medium now?!?! I thought it was just plastic, and the texture was due to the printing process.

Its plastic. Like a Lego.

Looked pretty cool until I looked at the pictures and realized it wasn't even the size of my hand! Waaaaaaaaaaaay too small to be "cool".

bread's done
Back