Sonys PSN Day 1 Digital Program

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
IGN article

So Sony is adding some of the bigger upcoming games to the PSN day one, some with a small discount to PS+ members. I think this is a step in the right direction but they have to step it up more to compete.

For example Borderlands 2 was available for download day one but not until the PSN updated late afternoon/evening on release day. That's not going to cut it for many.

What they need to do is like Steam and offer a preload of the game so you can get it downloaded, and then release the unlock key at midnight on release day.

Anyway here are the upcoming games that will be available (at some point) on release day:

Resident Evil 6 (October 2 - $59.99)
NBA 2K13 (October 2 - $59.99/$53.99 for Plus members, with pre-order)*
Dishonored (October 9 - $59.99/$53.99 for Plus members, with pre-order)*
Doom 3: BFG Edition (October 16 - $39.99/$35.99 for Plus members, with pre-order)*
007 Legends (October 16 - $59.99, 10% off week one for Plus members)
Medal Of Honor Warfighter (October 23 - $59.99)
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (October 30 - $59.99/$53.99 for Plus members, with pre-order)*
Assassin’s Creed III (October 30 - $59.99)*

* = you can preorder the game.

Now if you can preorder and download the game in advance like I was saying that's great. Otherwise why in the fuck would you preorder off the PSN?

i can see this being cool if they actually didnt cost $60. it would be fair of sony/devs/publishers to have a lower price since they dont have to go through all the rigamarole of getting physical copies on the shelves.

until then, the few games i buy day 1, will get traded in to get back $30 or so

Awesome! Anyone know if RE6 will be DRM free? (Like if you need to be signed-in to play.) If not, I can share it with a buddy and split the costs.

[quote name='tempbast']Awesome! Anyone know if RE6 will be DRM free? (Like if you need to be signed-in to play.) If not, I can share it with a buddy and split the costs.[/QUOTE]

RE5 wasn't.
SO chances are looking pretty good

bread's done
Back