* * * * * 3 votes

IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

#91 Eri Catocala   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Eri Catocala

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

IGS was wrong about the second hint, Deadly 30 was a late addition to Groupee's Build a Bundle 2.

#92 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   13428 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

IGS was wrong about the second hint, Deadly 30 was a late addition to Groupee's Build a Bundle 2.

Yeah, I noticed that too. IndieGameStand fail at checking bundle history, which makes me wonder if that contributes to why there are so many repeat bundle deals on their site. I was really hoping it wouldn't be Deadly 30.. oh well.

#93 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   3931 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, I noticed that too. IndieGameStand fail at checking bundle history, which makes me wonder if that contributes to why there are so many repeat bundle deals on their site. I was really hoping it wouldn't be Deadly 30.. oh well.

I guess Sunghost doesn't like it; any other opinions on Deadly 30?
76561197989704676.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#94 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   13428 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

I guess Sunghost doesn't like it; any other opinions on Deadly 30?

It's not that I don't like it (I haven't even played it), it's just been in a bundle before which is how I got it. I was disappointed because of that. BTW, it was 49 cents in the Indie Gala store yesterday if you had gala points, however that offer's now expired.

#95 Rsmobile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Rsmobile

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Deadly 30 plays like a Newgrounds flash game. It's a time waster at best. Not especially bad but still...

#96 sainrub   CAGisdabomb! CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

I just bought deadly 30 and created an account. The profile pic they gave me is the same one i use for origin. The problem with that is its for BF3 and it was one I uploaded to my profile. What is the deal with that?

#97 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Updated with new deal: Zombies.

#98 Cheaplikeafox OS X   Better Than You CAGiversary!   14228 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Hmmm... looks craptacular... but me addicted to Zombies

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming events include:  Fortresscraft Evolved, Killing Floor, Once Bitten Twice Dead, Battlestations Midway

#99 The End  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

It's about time that somebody made a game featuring Zombies. And making that the title of the game was an inspired touch.

#100 tehero   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

I'm loving the soundtrack of Zombies. I would get Zombies if the whole soundtrack was included in BTA. Else I guess I might just have to dish out the $4 for it. That said, can anyone list the 10 selected soundtracks included for BTA?

#101 Cheaplikeafox OS X   Better Than You CAGiversary!   14228 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Songs are:

bignic - bladerunner
bignic - bookofdays
bignic - laluna (djmix)
bignic -purpose
bignic - scent
bignic - scream
bignic - sorry
bignic - tetrapod
Plosive - SlowSlide (bignic remix)
Sufista - innerBattles (bignic remix)

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming events include:  Fortresscraft Evolved, Killing Floor, Once Bitten Twice Dead, Battlestations Midway

#102 tehero   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Songs are:

bignic - bladerunner
bignic - bookofdays
bignic - laluna (djmix)
bignic -purpose
bignic - scent
bignic - scream
bignic - sorry
bignic - tetrapod
Plosive - SlowSlide (bignic remix)
Sufista - innerBattles (bignic remix)

Thanks for the song list!

I would have been sold if the Modern and Sweet soundtracks were included in there with Tetrapod. I will hold off for now in hopes the entire soundtrack will be included with the game sometime in the future.

#103 ocean almighty   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ocean almighty

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Bought the game right away (the cheaper the better). It sounded interesting enough. I have a feeling that indiegamestand will continue to cut up bonuses like they did with the soundtrack. I suppose they haven't proven themselves enough at making money. Maybe they could start a tier structure? I may have paid extra for the full soundtrack.

#104 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Bought the game right away (the cheaper the better). It sounded interesting enough. I have a feeling that indiegamestand will continue to cut up bonuses like they did with the soundtrack. I suppose they haven't proven themselves enough at making money. Maybe they could start a tier structure? I may have paid extra for the full soundtrack.

I doubt it's the Indie Game Stand's decision given that they've had full soundtracks before.
It's much more likely to be the developer's since he's selling his full albums on Bandcamp
and he seems pretty serious about his music (although there's quite a few free tracks on
there).

#105 ocean almighty   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ocean almighty

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

I doubt it's the Indie Game Stand's decision given that they've had full soundtracks before.
It's much more likely to be the developer's since he's selling his full albums on Bandcamp
and he seems pretty serious about his music (although there's quite a few free tracks on
there).

I agree about the developer/artist being in control. That's why I said that IGS possibly hasn't proven themselves as moneymakers yet. I'm sure that developers are protective of their content. They don't want to give too much away for too little.

#106 ocean almighty   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ocean almighty

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Hints from Twitter account for next game:

Hint 1: Space the final frontier
Hint 2: it is not on GOG
Hint 3: Customization is key

I'm guessing it will be Gratuitous Space Battles.

Edit: Oh, well. I tried.

Edited by ocean almighty, 05 November 2012 - 05:06 AM.

#107 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Updated OP for new deal: Gimbal

#108 Cheaplikeafox OS X   Better Than You CAGiversary!   14228 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Interesting concept, but online only means it's not for me.

#109 ryanhaggan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   234 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

reminds me of a really old game someone introduced me too, subspace... It' still around as well... free too I might add. Thios was since back in the late 1990s...

A quick bing search yielded this: http://www.getcontinuum.com/
seems like they renamed it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#110 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Updated OP for new deal: The Journey Down: Chapter One

#111 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1124 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Updated OP for new deal: The Journey Down: Chapter One

Wow, that actually looks amazingly awesome. Thanks!

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Destiny
:pc: Hearthstone

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#112 Cheaplikeafox OS X   Better Than You CAGiversary!   14228 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

This was in an indie royale bundle I do believe.

#113 lidl   Hoarder CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

it sure was http://indiegamebund...wn:_Chapter_One
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#114 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Updated OP for new deal: Serious Sam: The Random Encounter

#115 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   8203 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

From what I've heard it isn't even worth $1. Fairly short and somewhat bug ridden.

#116 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   13428 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Worst deal yet

#117 Eldredpe   Disconcerted CAGiversary!   2519 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

I don't know. I thought it was sort of fun.

I guess.

It's like an hour long, and kind of frustrating.

Wait.

I'm talking myself out of endorsing this.

Yeah.

I wanted it to be good.

It wasn't.

#118 inm8num2   Pre-order me! CAGiversary!   1443 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

Lol, I didn't realize this game had a bad rep. Almost pulled the trigger.

#119 Eldredpe   Disconcerted CAGiversary!   2519 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

It's probably worth a dollar.

It is a really fun idea. Just not executed quite as well as it could have been.

#120 seamoss   CAGadversary! CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

You can check out what RPS thinks of it...