Mass Effect Trilogy $60 11/6 (360,PC,PS3))

Hijinx

CAGiversary!
Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 will be bundled together on November 6th. According to the post I read, 360 and PC will get it first and PS3 at a later date.

Also any PS3 users looking to just purchase Mass Effect 1 will be able to download it off of PSN for $14.99.

515PwVWCJAL._SX300_.jpg

PS3 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

360 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

PC Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
originaltd.png

Releases November 7, EA calls it N7 day.

All for only $59.99, yet they are charging full price for ME3 on Wii U. I'm also wondering if Microsoft will get a cut for every ME1 PS3 version sold.

No word on what kind of packaging or dlc it's coming with yet, but we should know more soon hopefully. Mass Effect 1 will also be available on PSN as a standalone for the first time and have trophy support

Edit: never mind, picture of packaging above :p

[quote name='Hijinx']No word on what kind of packaging or dlc it's coming with yet, but we should know more soon hopefully. Mass Effect 1 will also be available on PSN as a standalone for the first time and have trophy support[/QUOTE]

Oh nice, I'll probably just buy this and get ME3 when it goes super cheap.

[quote name='Hijinx']No word on what kind of packaging or dlc it's coming with yet, but we should know more soon hopefully. Mass Effect 1 will also be available on PSN as a standalone for the first time and have trophy support

Edit: never mind, picture of packaging above :p[/QUOTE]

Glad they aren't making everyone get the $60 package to play ME1 on PS3. Good on them.

This is interesting. So, PS3 is actually getting part 1? Didn't expect that. Hope its available as a standalone version.

Hawt! I was hoping they would do this. Didn't buy 2 or 3 for PS3 hoping a cool bundle would get released and behold! I'm so in to play through the series about a dozen more times for trophies! I hope it comes with all the DLCs!

[quote name='joeboosauce']This is interesting. So, PS3 is actually getting part 1? Didn't expect that. Hope its available as a standalone version.[/QUOTE]

Yup. You'll be able to buy just Mass Effect 1 off PSN if that's all that interests you.

[quote name='shadowrage']Does it have a cool collectible box?
And DLC? I was just about to download Leviathan.[/QUOTE]

Really hard to see it including the DLC as this is an EA game and there's no money to be had in including DLC in "GOTY" editions. Much better to make people buy digital air that'll be completely worthless when the servers shut down in a couple of years.

F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK

OCD STRAIGHT UP KICKING IN... i've got over 2 grand of stuff i NEED to buy in the next 3 months - but only 1 grand worth of disposable income coming in. how am i gonna make this all work out?

This is perfect. I only have ME1 for 360, have held out on 2 in hopes that they would have released a GOTY edition with all of the dlc, and when that didn't happen and ME3 came out, I sort of just cooled down on the idea until the dlc for 2 would go on sale.

I hope all of the DLC is included, and honestly, I'd assume so. This is perfect.

I think I might grab it for PS3 and hold onto it. I played the trilogy (twice) on 360 now, so I wouldn't mind having it sealed and such for PS3 until I finally play it through a 3rd time on that haha.

Damn, if I would of known that was going to happen I wouldn't have purchased ME2 for PS3 and then spoiled all the ME1 story by looking it up on wikis. It's quite annoying that they couldn't work this out before ME2 came out.

If I have to buy ME1 on PSN I'm not because they pissed me off recently and I'm never buying another thing from their store. So I guess if I want to play it bad enough I'll buy it on PC for cheap.

Wow I wasn't expecting this! I'm still not convinced ME1 on PS3 will be included in this trilogy at the low, low cost of $59.99 But I'd love to be surprised xD

I haven't played any of these games, so I'd be willing to pay full price for this package.

Nah! Who are we kidding LOL. I'll wait for a sale or something :D

I wonder if the first will be tweaked in anw way? I remember hearing about loading problems and such for instance. I wonder if they'll be any graphical improvements too

[quote name='ZCG']Wow I wasn't expecting this! I'm still not convinced ME1 on PS3 will be included in this trilogy at the low, low cost of $59.99 But I'd love to be surprised xD

I haven't played any of these games, so I'd be willing to pay full price for this package.

Nah! Who are we kidding LOL. I'll wait for a sale or something :D[/QUOTE]

I don't see why they'd charge more for the PS3 version

hahaha.... not too long ago the fanbois were yelling from the rooftops that MS would NEVER allow MS1 to be ported to the PS3...

how many decent exclusives do they have left? That number is dwindling

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Nice. I just may jump on this during the Black Friday sales. Is ME3's online play working yet?[/QUOTE]

ME 3 online has worked fine since launch. The problem was PS3 players weren't eligible for the weekend events b/c of Sony's stance on sharing gameplay data didn't allow EA to collect it so they couldn't award players their bonus packs. That issue was fixed about 2 months after launch.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I wonder if the first will be tweaked in anw way? I remember hearing about loading problems and such for instance. I wonder if they'll be any graphical improvements too[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling EA will do a straight port of the 360 version but it would be nice if they ported the PC version (came out a few months later in May 08) as it was greatly improved from the 360 version.

[quote name='shadowrage']It would be nice if they would let me buy the box by itself.[/QUOTE]

This. I already have all 3 on 360 but that box looks sharp...

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Really hard to see it including the DLC as this is an EA game and there's no money to be had in including DLC in "GOTY" editions. Much better to make people buy digital air that'll be completely worthless when the servers shut down in a couple of years.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the 360 version, but since the PS3 got ME2 so much later, it came with most of the DLC on disc already (iirc, I think it's missing only 1 DLC pack?), and since there is already a Platinum edition on the 360, I could see the PS3 version of 1 including the same DLC. At least that would make sense to me. Now ME3 is the main one I'm wondering about.

[quote name='barrit']I'm not sure about the 360 version, but since the PS3 got ME2 so much later, it came with most of the DLC on disc already (iirc, I think it's missing only 1 DLC pack?), and since there is already a Platinum edition on the 360, I could see the PS3 version of 1 including the same DLC. At least that would make sense to me. Now ME3 is the main one I'm wondering about.[/QUOTE]

The Platinum Edition of ME1 on 360 was 2 discs, and the picture of this box set shows only one disc for ME1. It's possible they crammed it all on one disc for this new version, but (again) with EA behind this I SERIOUSLY doubt it. If they aren't nickle and diming loyal gamers to death, they aren't doing their job.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']The Platinum Edition of ME1 on 360 was 2 discs, and the picture of this box set shows only one disc for ME1. It's possible they crammed it all on one disc for this new version, but (again) with EA behind this I SERIOUSLY doubt it. If they aren't nickle and diming loyal gamers to death, they aren't doing their job.[/QUOTE]

This and that wasn't even both of the dlcs on ME1. It should also be pointed out that the latest ME3 dlc won't be released until this fall so it's extremely unlikely that it will have all of the dlc.

I was hoping that this would at least be the collectors versions of all three but that seems unlikely as well.

so are we assuming if we already have every DLC downloaded on the Xbox HDD, it would work with this set? Thats whats making me not care if it doesn't have it, assuming it would work unless they change the disc ID or something..

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']The Platinum Edition of ME1 on 360 was 2 discs, and the picture of this box set shows only one disc for ME1. It's possible they crammed it all on one disc for this new version, but (again) with EA behind this I SERIOUSLY doubt it. If they aren't nickle and diming loyal gamers to death, they aren't doing their job.[/QUOTE]

Oh alright. Well at the least I'd expect the PS3 version of ME2 to have the same DLC that was included with the initial PS3 release. It would be easier to ship out the same exact disc, instead of having to create another disc (without the DLC).

I laugh at the "over 75 hours" listed on the box, as one of my ME1 + ME2 + ME3 playthroughs would be about 150+ hours when all added up, if not closer to 170 hours.

Though this is a complete double-dip move by EA, so thank you very much for that. :whistle2:s

It is nice to see that the PS3 crowd will be getting ME1 finally, though I guess they'll be redoing ME1 on the ME2/ME3 engine. I can't quite see them backporting the ME1 engine to the PS3 in all its semi-buggy glory.

Whoever said that ME3 multiplayer is playable clearly hasn't tried to play it on PC.

EDIT: And btw, this is a bad deal for PC people too.

The first game can regularly be bought for 5-10 bucks, ME2 for 5-10, and ME3 for 12.50 - 20. I paid about 30 dollars for all 3 recently and didn't even get optimal deals.

Not very surprising that it's a bad deal, but it is.

EDIT2: Goes without saying, but it's probably a bad deal for xbox people too.

I just bought the collectors edition mass effect 3 at bestbuy for 30 bucks. I wonder if this new trilogy will have the dlc from that version that you can't even buy in the store like the n7 hoodie and the mechanical dog companion. I am interested in playing mass effect 1 but i ain't paying 20 dollars for it. I lost my mass effect 2 game save so i just started to play it again but i might hold off now and just play some of my other backlog.

[quote name='NINJA V']F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK
F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK

OCD STRAIGHT UP KICKING IN... i've got over 2 grand of stuff i NEED to buy in the next 3 months - but only 1 grand worth of disposable income coming in. how am i gonna make this all work out?[/QUOTE]

You don't have to buy this or any other games. Get your priorities together.

[quote name='GBH']I just bought the collectors edition mass effect 3 at bestbuy for 30 bucks. I wonder if this new trilogy will have the dlc from that version that you can't even buy in the store like the n7 hoodie and the mechanical dog companion. I am interested in playing mass effect 1 but i ain't paying 20 dollars for it. I lost my mass effect 2 game save so i just started to play it again but i might hold off now and just play some of my other backlog.[/QUOTE]

They don't mention anything about DLC included, and you'd think they'd tout the crap out of it if they were.

bread's done
Back