Crysis $9.99 Xbox Game Marketplace

I wouldn't delete this thread to be honest. I went to the OP and couldn't find the offer there. If this wasn't posted I would have missed out on the sale.

FYI - For those not in the know like me, it comes up as $9.99 but you can use your live points by pressing "x" I think. You should have the option below the payment option screen. It took my calling MS to figure this out. I never noticed it before since my purchases always showed up live points.

Crysis is definitely a great game for $10. Amazing how well it runs on the 360. It makes my PC cry and gasp.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Dammit, I just got it for $15 a few weeks ago and have barely played it...oh well.[/QUOTE]

damn yeah same here, haven't even played it yet

[quote name='KanYozakura']Dammit, I just got it for $15 a few weeks ago and have barely played it...oh well.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Son of a...

Forgive my ignorance but ive never looked into crysis before. Was a hard copy of this one ever released? I dont think so but i want to double check before i pull the trigger on it. I always prefer the hard copy.

[quote name='kit352']Forgive my ignorance but ive never looked into crysis before. Was a hard copy of this one ever released? I dont think so but i want to double check before i pull the trigger on it. I always prefer the hard copy.[/QUOTE]

This was never released as a retail disc. It came out years after it's pc version only as an xbox game on demand.

[quote name='kit352']Forgive my ignorance but ive never looked into crysis before. Was a hard copy of this one ever released? I dont think so but i want to double check before i pull the trigger on it. I always prefer the hard copy.[/QUOTE]

not on 360, only the pc version had a retail release.

Thanks OP, might bite since i have crysis 2 on 360, but did'nt even start it yet

[quote name='kburns10']Same here. Son of a...[/QUOTE]

You'll feel better when you find out some of us here paid full price (1600 msp) and still haven't played it.

:raises hand:

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']This was never released as a retail disc. It came out years after it's pc version only as an xbox game on demand.[/QUOTE]

thanks. Started dl'ing. Should have it when i wake up.

Now for the real question: Is Crysis FUN?
Not asking if it is pretty, but is it fun? a good game or is it just a graphical power-house?
I'm playing Crysis 2 and it is a good looking game but really boring.

[quote name='fadersdream']Now for the real question: Is Crysis FUN?
Not asking if it is pretty, but is it fun? a good game or is it just a graphical power-house?
I'm playing Crysis 2 and it is a good looking game but really boring.[/QUOTE]

It's much more open than Crysis 2. That makes it more fun.

thanks downloaded. Will play after borderlands 2.....maybe(soo many games! also i want retro city rampage).

[quote name='mfdoom']thanks downloaded. Will play after borderlands 2.....maybe(soo many games! also i want retro city rampage).[/QUOTE]

Got to play RCR at fantastic fest in Austin it looks amazing! Also picked up a free month of ps+ that was sitting next to the game (tried it out on ps3 and vita). Stoked for a release date!

Still have finger on trigger for crysis...

[quote name='wilkix']Ah I see, should have checked there first.

Mods please delete[/QUOTE]

I saw it in the xbla thread yesterday and bought it, but not everyone checks that thread. I didn't even think of making a new thread. I say keep this thread open because a lot of people have probably been waiting for a deal on this game.

Is there a multiplayer with matchmaking feature as well?

Or is this just for the single-player?

Also- how does it compare to Crysis 2...is it essentially the same look and feel?

Glad to see a lot of people picking this up, I was just browsing through the marketplace when I noticed the price drop. Haven't gotten too far in but I am enjoying it more than C2

I just started playing it but i havent played c2 so i cant compare. Seems like a decent game but you can tell its made for pc. Nearly every button has a second hold longer menu feature. Looks alright, nothing crazy.

[quote name='fadersdream']Now for the real question: Is Crysis FUN?
I'm playing Crysis 2 and it is a good looking game but really boring.[/QUOTE]
Very boring for most of the game. The last quarter or so of the game changes things up a bit and makes it more interesting but all in all it's an extremely boring game.

I'm glad I put down borderlands 2 for a bit and fired up the original crysis , I'm really enjoying it! This is a game I could see myself trying to get all the achievement points for.

I'm also learning that I'm terrible at stealth despite having a futuristic invisibility suit. :)

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']

I'm also learning that I'm terrible at stealth despite having a futuristic invisibility suit. :)[/QUOTE]

It's not you, it's the game. And those guards with absolutely amazing sensory perception.

About how long does the campaign last for?

It's a shame that they didn't include the expansion and multiplayer...That's what is preventing me from buying it. I spent the same amount of money on Crysis 2 and haven't played it in a bit..

Awesome timing. Just had received those points I got off Buy.com's Daily Ebay Deal. Been waiting for this game to drop in price.

Just bought it and actually feel like it was worth it. I wish the guns in Crysis 2 felt more like they do in Crysis 1...Only just got into the first few minutes of the game, but I already am pleased with what I'm seeing.

It's nice to have Crysis 1 + Crysis 2...down the line when Crysis 3 has been out for a bit I'll be picking that up as well. A nice new trilogy to get into.

I put some time into my first try at Crysis ever. The world feels very open. quite different from the linear pathways of most FPS/TPS games. and the environmental detail is amazing. it seems most structures are destructible. the vehicles are neat. I kept getting radio chatter to go into the first camp all stealthily. but I stormed in via the humvee and guns ablazing...

Thanks OP! I may have to check this out. I've never really looked anything up about this game (all I knew was that it was a PC exclusive for a while, and that my computer couldn't handle it, haha), but I took a look at a couple videos and it seems like it could be a lot of fun for $10. :D

This is honestly one of the best shooters this gen. It has that same magic that the first Farcry had. Crytek, when at their best, put out an amazing experience. This game is basically the antithesis to the CoD approach to FPS game design. It is simply awesome!

for those of you curious how Crysis translated to the Xbox, I made a 30 minute recording...

it's my first time playing any Crysis game ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAMSOTwHjoQ

0:00 credits and intro. 2:30 gameplay start. Youtube transcoding compression is really killing the video. Hopefully after more postprocessing by Google, it'll look better in a few hours as I just uploaded it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP! Bought a Crysis 2 code off eBay about a year ago for 15 bucks. This makes a nice addition for 10 bucks!

For those who have not bought it and can buy it for PC, don't get it for the 360. It is highly glitched. I am a few minutes away from 200 of my last 215 gamerscore and the game has script issues or all I can do is move (not even jump).

really? i have a couple friends that finished it on the 360. can you be more descriptive? i can ask them if they had the same problems.

[quote name='dirtyvu']really? i have a couple friends that finished it on the 360. can you be more descriptive? i can ask them if they had the same problems.[/QUOTE]

Had to restart a checkpoint and a level because the script just did not advance. The worst now is I can only move with the analog stick and nothing else...second time I will have to restart a whole level.

[quote name='nadohawk']Had to restart a checkpoint and a level because the script just did not advance. The worst now is I can only move with the analog stick and nothing else...second time I will have to restart a whole level.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't seem to be a common problem. Try clearing your cache and make sure you are running it from a hard drive and not a USB stick.

bread's done
Back