Cheap ps2 cases

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
With gamestop having the 5/$1 games I've picked up several good games that do not have cases. Is there a good place to buy cases for cheap? would rather have a ps2 / dvd case as cd cases are kind of flimsy.

Just cases or manual plus liner art as well? If you run the yard sale circuit it's easy enough to come across PS2 sports games with clean cases for next to nothing.

Now finding a manual plus liner art is more of a pain in the ass; often people don't want to bother with these and those who do (on ebay for example) charge almost as much as a complete game goes for. I can't tell you how many times it was easier for me just to buy a complete game and sell off the disc-only.

I figured gamestop actually gave all there games cases even if they didn't have the box art for them. You should ask them to see if they have some spare cases.

[quote name='Kovorkian']With gamestop having the 5/$1 games I've picked up several good games that do not have cases. Is there a good place to buy cases for cheap? would rather have a ps2 / dvd case as cd cases are kind of flimsy.[/QUOTE]

I am looking for the same thing. Have you checked Craigslist? There is a listing in my area for a bunch of free empty cases, but it's too far for me to go for that reason alone. As far as cover art goes, you can find sites dedicated to high quality printable cover art (front, back, and side.)

Cover art i can print, manuals i can print a for me copy. thats not too bad i'm just looking for cases, Gamestop pitches them, and around here the yard sales tend to not have games or they are about $10 a pop no matter the title >.> ( and they only ever have madden from 10 years ago! haven't seen any on Craigslist but have looked

[quote name='burritoman']I honestly just bought a big cd binder for all of mine. That sale wrecked my collection of complete games.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I also bought a binder, but I like having the cases on my shelf.

[quote name='burritoman']I honestly just bought a big cd binder for all of mine. That sale wrecked my collection of complete games.[/QUOTE]

Same I had 1 disc only and i believe 2 no manual rest were complete.

Only wanted to acquire a few cases for the better games rest are staying in sleeves

I have a ton of PS2(and PS3, 360 and Wii) cases. I've been trying to sell them off for $1 each for a while now. I didn't know what you meant by cheap though. If $1 is too much, then maybe we could work out a better deal, since most of the ones I have for PS2 really aren't for popular games or ones that people would even care if they're complete I believe.

My post is actually the last one in the thread(from 9/8/12), so it's not hard to find. Like I said, I have a TON of them.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176892

Normally I just ask whoever wants some of them to send me a pre-paid shipping label and I'll provide the mailer/box for them, since otherwise if it's a larger lot I'd probably just plop them in a flat rate Priority box rather than deal with having to find appropriate sized packaging.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have a ton of PS2(and PS3, 360 and Wii) cases. I've been trying to sell them off for $1 each for a while now. I didn't know what you meant by cheap though. If $1 is too much, then maybe we could work out a better deal, since most of the ones I have for PS2 really aren't for popular games or ones that people would even care if they're complete I believe.

My post is actually the last one in the thread(from 9/8/12), so it's not hard to find. Like I said, I have a TON of them.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176892

Normally I just ask whoever wants some of them to send me a pre-paid shipping label and I'll provide the mailer/box for them, since otherwise if it's a larger lot I'd probably just plop them in a flat rate Priority box rather than deal with having to find appropriate sized packaging.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Didn't, even, finish your list before thinking......where in the beep do you keep all of them!??!?!?!??!!!!!:shock:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have a ton of PS2(and PS3, 360 and Wii) cases. I've been trying to sell them off for $1 each for a while now. I didn't know what you meant by cheap though. If $1 is too much, then maybe we could work out a better deal, since most of the ones I have for PS2 really aren't for popular games or ones that people would even care if they're complete I believe.-snip-:razz:[/QUOTE]

Come on, I paid $0.21 after tax per game :lol: that 5 games per case :hot:.
I have cheapo cd cases I can use, but I like to have cases with spines so I know what I'm pulling without much time.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Didn't, even, finish your list before thinking......where in the beep do you keep all of them!??!?!?!??!!!!!:shock:[/QUOTE]
When I first got them, I had them in some Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy bags. But the one day while going on a mini road trip I saw a rolling rack/gondola with a bunch of racks to it. I knocked on every door around by that rack till I found the owners.

I asked them if they still used it or not. They said they hadn't in years and used to use it when they'd have yard/garage sales.

So I called my dad up, he brought out his pickup and we lugged that bad boy back here.

The one I got looks like this one, only red and twice as long with 3-4 long racks on either side for all of the cases.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/358172813/Metal_Floor_Display_Rolling_Display_Rack.html

[quote name='Kovorkian']Come on, I paid $0.21 after tax per game :lol: that 5 games per case :hot:.
I have cheapo cd cases I can use, but I like to have cases with spines so I know what I'm pulling without much time.[/QUOTE]

Consider though it has to be worth someone's time shipping them to you. I've got 50 NES sleeves I'm donating right now (a $50 value according to ebay) because it gets old being low-balled to the point of not being able to clear $5 or $10.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Consider though it has to be worth someone's time shipping them to you. I've got 50 NES sleeves I'm donating right now (a $50 value according to ebay) because it gets old being low-balled to the point of not being able to clear $5 or $10.[/QUOTE]
I usually just let the other person send me a pre-paid shipping label anymore. So much easier. Then you don't hear them gripe about delivery confirmation costs or whatever.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Consider though it has to be worth someone's time shipping them to you. I've got 50 NES sleeves I'm donating right now (a $50 value according to ebay) because it gets old being low-balled to the point of not being able to clear $5 or $10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do understand this, I'm just saying I was looking for cheap cases not neccasarily from other people, the yard sale idea is pretty good, just nothing has games in general.

not too try and snag an offer from anyone else, but I got all my cases from a video store I worked at before it closed. they were just going in the trash.

Someone take them from me lol!

That's alright. You go right ahead and butt in if you want. I still feel a buck each plus whatever shipping would be for a bunch of them is decent. But I do discount it if people just want the cases or the artworks/manuals. Although for $1 each, why not just grab everything and then part out the rest to someone else who might need the manual or whatever?

All I know is that the furnace repair/cleaning people couldn't stop gawking at my collection of cases when they were here last year. I guess they thought they were all full games. If they were, I probably would have no problem selling them. But some folks expect a detailed description down to the last micron on used game cases as far as condition, stickers, scuffs and other imperfections are concerned.:roll:

It's like the dude that expected me to go 35 miles to sell him 20 PS2 cases to use as DVD cases for $.20 each.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's alright. You go right ahead and butt in if you want. I still feel a buck each plus whatever shipping would be for a bunch of them is decent. But I do discount it if people just want the cases or the artworks/manuals. Although for $1 each, why not just grab everything and then part out the rest to someone else who might need the manual or whatever?

All I know is that the furnace repair/cleaning people couldn't stop gawking at my collection of cases when they were here last year. I guess they thought they were all full games. If they were, I probably would have no problem selling them. But some folks expect a detailed description down to the last micron on used game cases as far as condition, stickers, scuffs and other imperfections are concerned.:roll:

It's like the dude that expected me to go 35 miles to sell him 20 PS2 cases to use as DVD cases for $.20 each.:lol:[/QUOTE]

lol, yea I am sure that we both get similar questions about descriptions.

I wouldn't argue that what you are asking is reasonable. I know that if there was a case on that list that I needed, I would hop on it;) (mental note made for future reference).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I usually just let the other person send me a pre-paid shipping label anymore. So much easier. Then you don't hear them gripe about delivery confirmation costs or whatever.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea actually, I never thought of messaging the other party with the weight and having them calculate it to settle shipping quibbles. :cool:

I'm actually considering doing a Gamestop and gutting all of the PS2/PS3/360/Wii cases from sports games and chucking the artworks and stuff and just selling the cases, since I doubt there's anyone who really wants/needs those things usually.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']That's a good idea actually, I never thought of messaging the other party with the weight and having them calculate it to settle shipping quibbles. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I've been doing that for a while now actually. Although most times they just guesstimate the weight and ship out a label with my old school payment of choice(cash or USPS MO).

Considering I had someone bitch at me at one point over the difference between getting Delivery Confirmation at the PO versus paying for it through Paypal(which I don't use due to the fees) I just figured at least this way they could get it for $.17 or whatever it is that way and save a few pennies and not have to gripe at me about it.:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When I first got them, I had them in some Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy bags. But the one day while going on a mini road trip I saw a rolling rack/gondola with a bunch of racks to it. I knocked on every door around by that rack till I found the owners.

I asked them if they still used it or not. They said they hadn't in years and used to use it when they'd have yard/garage sales.

So I called my dad up, he brought out his pickup and we lugged that bad boy back here.

The one I got looks like this one, only red and twice as long with 3-4 long racks on either side for all of the cases.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/358172813/Metal_Floor_Display_Rolling_Display_Rack.html[/QUOTE]

Ah ok. That seems like a good size.

[quote name='Kovorkian']With gamestop having the 5/$1 games I've picked up several good games that do not have cases. Is there a good place to buy cases for cheap? would rather have a ps2 / dvd case as cd cases are kind of flimsy.[/QUOTE]

I had a spare DVD spindle that at one point held 50 DVD-RWs on it. I just used that to store the games I bought. I've been playing games for so long and have a nice collection of much rarer items that are more deserving of what little shelf room I have left. I'm not exactly proud of any of the junk I bought during the sale, and they're all scratched anyway.

[quote name='Blade']I had a spare DVD spindle that at one point held 50 DVD-RWs on it. I just used that to store the games I bought. I've been playing games for so long and have a nice collection of much rarer items that are more deserving of what little shelf room I have left. I'm not exactly proud of any of the junk I bought during the sale, and they're all scratched anyway.[/QUOTE]

I have several of these around they take too much time to look for something :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm actually considering doing a Gamestop and gutting all of the PS2/PS3/360/Wii cases from sports games and chucking the artworks and stuff and just selling the cases, since I doubt there's anyone who really wants/needs those things usually.[/QUOTE]

this! honestly that would be a smart move IMO, the chance someone wants the insert for NBA 2k5 is beyond slim.

I feel the same way about the shovel ware cases I have for wii. Thankfully I ended up with only a handful of sports titles when we cleared out the store, but inserts for Smackdown vs Raw 07? who really needs that?

reading about the shelf you ended up with makes me wish I would have grabbed those from the store when it closed:drool: thats what I get though for not having enough room in my apartment!

Can someone make a Katherine cover art for PS3 and a Catherine cover art for the 360?

I'm having a tough time finding one. I just want to make a reversible cover with each of the girls on one side. Thanks ahead and sorry to thread steal/jack.

[quote name='MasaTFC']this! honestly that would be a smart move IMO, the chance someone wants the insert for NBA 2k5 is beyond slim.

I feel the same way about the shovel ware cases I have for wii. Thankfully I ended up with only a handful of sports titles when we cleared out the store, but inserts for Smackdown vs Raw 07? who really needs that?

reading about the shelf you ended up with makes me wish I would have grabbed those from the store when it closed:drool: thats what I get though for not having enough room in my apartment![/QUOTE]
I barely had enough room in my basement doorway to get it down the back steps and into the basement when I finally got it back to the house.

Thing is, the same family also still has one of those 3-4 sided DVD racks(like the ones you see with DVD's spring loaded into in WalMart) sitting in their side yard. Only problem is that thing has been exposed to the elements for so long and I think part of it is made up of fiberboard/plywood, so it's probably warped by now.

The one I got is actually worth around $400-500 when brand new and aside from a few paint chips missing on the shelves it looked pretty much like new when we got it here.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I barely had enough room in my basement doorway to get it down the back steps and into the basement when I finally got it back to the house.

Thing is, the same family also still has one of those 3-4 sided DVD racks(like the ones you see with DVD's spring loaded into in WalMart) sitting in their side yard. Only problem is that thing has been exposed to the elements for so long and I think part of it is made up of fiberboard/plywood, so it's probably warped by now.

The one I got is actually worth around $400-500 when brand new and aside from a few paint chips missing on the shelves it looked pretty much like new when we got it here.[/QUOTE]

It most certainly is warped by now I imagine (you live in PA from some of the comments I have read, I gather). Makes you wonder how they got them in the first place, and why leave them outside.

the video store left 90% of the racks (both metal and the fiberboard you mentioned) in the actual fucking store. It closed 3 years ago, and I can drive the 60 miles from where I sit to the town it was in and the things are still there.

come to think of it, there is probably still a box of empty PS2 cases in the back room. couldn't snag em at the time because of upper management being there the last day.

This thread makes me glad my local pawn shop sells complete common PS2 games with mint official cases for $1 a piece. Hell, even the Guitar Hero games are worth picking up for the case alone, I suppose.

[quote name='slainviper']This thread makes me glad my local pawn shop sells complete common PS2 games with mint official cases for $1 a piece. Hell, even the Guitar Hero games are worth picking up for the case alone, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

yea I suppose if ya need a case that is a good deal. just leaves the issue of what to do with the games lol;)

[quote name='MasaTFC']yea I suppose if ya need a case that is a good deal. just leaves the issue of what to do with the games lol;)[/QUOTE]

Of course. It'd be a shame to throw out stuff like GTA, the old Call of Duty games, etc. Probably not so much for the gajillion Guitar Hero games they have, though.

The one Blockbuster Video here that closed down about a year or so ago still has many of their shelves and I think even the big fiberboard front desk sitting in the store while all of the other ones that closed ended up selling damn near everything. Although the last one that closed further away from me ended up shipping their big HDtv's to my closest one when they closed, which I thought was weird since everything else was up for sale.

Not that I would've paid more than maybe $100-125 to $150 MAX for the tv's cuz I don't think they had stands and they were likely on for 10-14 hours a day every day for how many ever years.

Even the one Hollywood Video had about 50% of their shelves left inside the store(now a Verizon Wireless store) when they closed.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When I first got them, I had them in some Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy bags. But the one day while going on a mini road trip I saw a rolling rack/gondola with a bunch of racks to it. I knocked on every door around by that rack till I found the owners.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/358172813/Metal_Floor_Display_Rolling_Display_Rack.html[/QUOTE]

Damn thats nice. I have all my extra cases packed away in a ton of cardboard boxes in a closet downstairs o_O Im super OCD so i refuse to have a game wihout a case. I got a ridiculous ammount of extras through Gamestop. I usually get several copies of a game then clean them and keep the best one... however when i return them i tend to keep the case/manual if it had them so ive got quite the pile over the years.

Honestly, your best bet is to go buy a bunch of PS2 games with cases from GS, then just return them to a different store as just the disc. It seems most GS's are now throwing away their DS cases which pisses me off. I wish i had been around when they were tossing them, i would have taken them. I use them for my old GBA games that were loose

[quote name='Kovorkian']Has anyone ever printed cover art on the back of an insert?[/QUOTE]

what do you mean. Like the reversable cover of some games? I.E. Skyrims landscape on the reverse side?... I actually dont think so.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Can someone make a Katherine cover art for PS3 and a Catherine cover art for the 360?

I'm having a tough time finding one. I just want to make a reversible cover with each of the girls on one side. Thanks ahead and sorry to thread steal/jack.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. I would but i havent opened either of my collectors editions. I also have a 360 version with the artbook i havent opened yet =P If you have a scanner couldn't you just buy a copy of each from gamestop, scan em then return them?

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']Damn thats nice. I have all my extra cases packed away in a ton of cardboard boxes in a closet downstairs o_O Im super OCD so i refuse to have a game wihout a case. I got a ridiculous ammount of extras through Gamestop. I usually get several copies of a game then clean them and keep the best one... however when i return them i tend to keep the case/manual if it had them so ive got quite the pile over the years.[/QUOTE]
Shady return practices aside, you actually bother to clean up Gamestop cases? Or do your Gamestops actually have stickers that aren't a bitch to take off?

[quote name='slainviper']Shady return practices aside, you actually bother to clean up Gamestop cases? Or do your Gamestops actually have stickers that aren't a bitch to take off?[/QUOTE]
The older rectangular GS stickers were a pita to get off. But the newer ones usually are fairly easy to peel off fully intact and don't usually leave behind any residue.

Now on the other hand if you're talking about the old smaller square sized EB Games stickers, those you're better off just tossing those cases, since those stickers never come off completely or if they do they leave behind so much residue and it's like super glue and never dries out.

[quote name='Kenshindono']-snip-
what do you mean. Like the reversable cover of some games? I.E. Skyrims landscape on the reverse side?... I actually dont think so. -snip-[/QUOTE]

I mean most have a blank white side on the reverse.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The older rectangular GS stickers were a pita to get off. But the newer ones usually are fairly easy to peel off fully intact and don't usually leave behind any residue.

Now on the other hand if you're talking about the old smaller square sized EB Games stickers, those you're better off just tossing those cases, since those stickers never come off completely or if they do they leave behind so much residue and it's like super glue and never dries out.[/QUOTE]

Oh, really? Do the new stickers look the same as the old stickers? All the Gamestop cases I have all have the same kind of stickers and I assume they'd all be the ones that are a pain to take off, but I've only bought older games so I might just not have seen any of the new stickers.

The newer stickers are white instead of yellow. Some of the earlier yellow ones were a pain, but the newer ones were decent to take off.

But it also comes down to how you try to take them off. If you just try getting a corner up and quickly ripping them off, then you're going to fail most times on getting them off in one shot.

Just take your time and get multiple corners up and slowly peel them off and it should be no problem for most of them. Best thing about the stickers is if they leave behind any residue, you usually can use the stickers themselves to get that up off the cases. Just re-stick and quickly re-peel off the stickers and it should eliminate that mess without having to use Goo Gone.

Now the stickers on the actual cover artworks on the other hand, those are a pain in the ass and always will be.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The newer stickers are white instead of yellow. Some of the earlier yellow ones were a pain, but the newer ones were decent to take off.

But it also comes down to how you try to take them off. If you just try getting a corner up and quickly ripping them off, then you're going to fail most times on getting them off in one shot.

Just take your time and get multiple corners up and slowly peel them off and it should be no problem for most of them. Best thing about the stickers is if they leave behind any residue, you usually can use the stickers themselves to get that up off the cases. Just re-stick and quickly re-peel off the stickers and it should eliminate that mess without having to use Goo Gone.

Now the stickers on the actual cover artworks on the other hand, those are a pain in the ass and always will be.[/QUOTE]Oh. Those ones are the ones I'm used to seeing and they're still absolutely terrible. Even if I go incredibly slow and work from multiple corners, they always tear and leave part of the sticker behind. And then that leftover sticker is even harder to get off since it doesn't have nice edges. And it's hard to use Goo Gone to get rid of it because it covers the indentations in the case so you can't just scrub it off, and if you try to it leaves an indentation in the plastic. I tried taking off about five of them before coming to the conclusion that it's not worth the time and effort.

As for stickers on cover art, I've only seen that once. I actually bought the game and thought the sticker was on the case because I had never seen it on the cover art before. Figured I could just switch out the case until I realized it was on the cover art. I thought that was just a mistake, though. Are they actually supposed to do that?

[quote name='slainviper']As for stickers on cover art, I've only seen that once. I actually bought the game and thought the sticker was on the case because I had never seen it on the cover art before. Figured I could just switch out the case until I realized it was on the cover art. I thought that was just a mistake, though. Are they actually supposed to do that?[/QUOTE]
I don't know if it's still a policy, but yeah, they were supposed to start putting them on the actual cover art a while ago. Most of the ones here would just put them under the slipcover on the case still on the backing from the sticker sheet though.

Now Blockbuster on the other hand started putting them on the actual cover art recently.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't know if it's still a policy, but yeah, they were supposed to start putting them on the actual cover art a while ago. Most of the ones here would just put them under the slipcover on the case still on the backing from the sticker sheet though.

Now Blockbuster on the other hand started putting them on the actual cover art recently.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Well, that would just be one more thing to add to Gamestop's list of evils. I'm pretty sure I've seen recently traded in games that just have the stickers on the cases, though. Of course it could depend on the store as well. I suppose if it was policy then it was at least nice of the employees to just slide the sticker between the plastic.

Oh, Blockbuster isn't completely out of business yet? Surprising.

[quote name='slainviper']Shady return practices aside, you actually bother to clean up Gamestop cases? Or do your Gamestops actually have stickers that aren't a bitch to take off?[/QUOTE]

clean the crap outa those mofo's. Well the ones i wind up using. The extras i leave as is untill i need to clean them. That would take forever to clean up all the not used ones. And i dont really view it shady. Gamestops the one with the shady practices. Selling opened gutted games as 'new' Im just using their shitty ass policies against them. If theyre gonna screw consumers im gonna screw them

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The older rectangular GS stickers were a pita to get off. But the newer ones usually are fairly easy to peel off fully intact and don't usually leave behind any residue.

Now on the other hand if you're talking about the old smaller square sized EB Games stickers, those you're better off just tossing those cases, since those stickers never come off completely or if they do they leave behind so much residue and it's like super glue and never dries out.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that! whatever theyre doing with the newer stickers seems to come off MUCH easier than the older ones. And they stopped putting stickers on the spines of the cover art a while back too. THOSE were the worst to get off. I took forever to do it carefully without damaging the art. I finally found a pretty good system but it takes a while.

I vaguely recall the EB games stickers. They are almost as bad as those horrible RZ stickers TRU games come with. Those are an unbelievable nightmare to take off. They even have the stupid metal security spindle in them

^_^x KD

[quote name='Rozz']Those old EBGames stickers come off fine with Goo Gone.[/QUOTE]
Every time I've ever tried using Goo Gone it's always left that citrusy/greasy smell behind and/or left behind the greasy residue. So I'd rather not mess with that junk if I don't have to.

bread's done
Back