Best Buy just stole $110.00 off of me.

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
I just got one of those Best Buy "Pitch-in Cards" in the mail so I wanted to add the 2-3 gift cards I had on to it to make one card. So the first card I added had $40.00 on it and it added fine the next card had $22.00 and that worked fine also. When I added the third card thats where the problem happened. I originally thought that card had a $110.00 on it but it really had $116.00. So when I added the $110.00 it went through no problem but I than noticed at the order completion screen it still had $6.00 on the card so when I went bach to add that it completely wiped out the $110.00 from history like it never exsisted and replaced that transaction with the $6.00 one. A call to Best Buy's Customer Service was completely worthless and a waste of my time she took the last four didgets of bith the gift card and pitch in card but told me dont expect much.

Sorry I just needed to vent for a minute after taking to their customer service I just needed to type this out for people who might understand.

Thanks,
Anthony

[quote name='ajh2298']I just got one of those Best Buy "Pitch-in Cards" in the mail so I wanted to add the 2-3 gift cards I had on to it to make one card. So the first card I added had $40.00 on it and it added fine the next card had $22.00 and that worked fine also. When I added the third card thats where the problem happened. I originally thought that card had a $110.00 on it but it really had $116.00. So when I added the $110.00 it went through no problem but I than noticed at the order completion screen it still had $6.00 on the card so when I went bach to add that it completely wiped out the $110.00 from history like it never exsisted and replaced that transaction with the $6.00 one. A call to Best Buy's Customer Service was completely worthless and a waste of my time she took the last four didgets of bith the gift card and pitch in card but told me dont expect much.

Sorry I just needed to vent for a minute after taking to their customer service I just needed to type this out for people who might understand.

Thanks,
Anthony[/QUOTE]

Give them a chance to correct the situation. If it doesn't work out make sure to post on their twitter and fb accounts with your situation - express your disappointment but remain professional.

Give it a little time. When I first got my pitch in card and added the 8 GC I had, it took a few hours for it all to show up. It was actually kind of funny, because the smaller value transactions all cleared first, then the bigger ones went thru, even tho I had done the smaller ones last.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Those pitch-in cards can take a while sometimes so I wouldn't worry too much about it at the moment but just keep checking.[/QUOTE]

Mine took about 24 hours. Just be patient OP, if nothing after a couple days, call them up and calmly explain the situation.

I have never heard of this, then again I've never had more than one Best Buy gift card.

Edit: I watched Best Buy's infomercial. The girl seemed way too happy about it. Anyway, not a bad idea to get a giant gift card by buying/combining small ones.

The way the title was worded I imagined that a couple of blue shirts accosted you in the Best Buy parking lot. Hopefully things get cleared up seeing as something similar happened with a Gamestop giftcard of mine. They took the money off for a preorder weeks in advance and when I asked them if it was for the game I ordered they just kept telling me it wouldn't be charged until the game shipped.

bread's done
Back