Great deal on ROXIO Game Capture HD Pro!!!

ZOMB13AUTOPILOT

CAGiversary!
There is an awesome deal going on at Roxio.com. For anyone looking to stream HD video, or upload HD video to youtube by capturing your gameplay on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, or PC, you need to go to Roxio.com/machinima.

The Roxio Game Capture HD Pro retails at $149.99. But if you go to Roxio.com/machinima you get an instant $20 off. So that brings the price down to $129.99. Click "Buy Now" and enter these promotional codes in the box and hit apply:

ROXIOSTORE20
ROXIOSTORE15

You can enter both and this brings the price down to $95.84 shipped via USPS straight to your door. That's a total of $62 off retail, plus shipping which runs $7.95. Great deal for anyone looking to stream to twitch.tv or post awesome youtube videos.

I originally posted this in the wrong subforum, so I closed that one and am now posting it here.

[quote name='monsterfracas']Isn't charging shipping for me. Awesome!

My total is $88.39.[/QUOTE]

Were you able to place your order without shipping? $90 doesnt seem too bad...

thanks also op!

[quote name='Roll']Were you able to place your order without shipping? $90 doesnt seem too bad...[/QUOTE]
Yep, just bought it. My confirmation email came with a 10% off my next purchase coupon code as well.

Is this capture thing good? Looking into streaming on twitch.tv soon so I'd like some input for those with it.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you can't use a HDMI cable for the PS3.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Is this capture thing good? Looking into streaming on twitch.tv soon so I'd like some input for those with it.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you can't use a HDMI cable for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

As I know, no device allows you to use HDMI on ps3 because of the copyright protection put in place by sony as of now, maybe in the future but it has been that way for a while and plenty of companies have came out with devices over and over without being able to.

[quote name='shady520']As I know, no device allows you to use HDMI on ps3 because of the copyright protection put in place by sony as of now, maybe in the future but it has been that way for a while and plenty of companies have came out with devices over and over without being able to.[/QUOTE]

Here is a question in regards to the PS3/HDMI. I have a receiver with 3 HDMI inputs and 1 output. The PS3 works fine with that and goes directly to my TV with the audio being handled by the receiver.

So as it is right now it goes PS3 (HDMI)->Receiver (HDMI)->TV. If it went PS3 (HDMI)->Receiver (HDMI)->Capture Device (HDMI)->TV would that work for the video since the PS3 is not directly connected to the capture device? Audio is another story of course.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Here is a question in regards to the PS3/HDMI. I have a receiver with 3 HDMI inputs and 1 output. The PS3 works fine with that and goes directly to my TV with the audio being handled by the receiver.

So as it is right now it goes PS3 (HDMI)->Receiver (HDMI)->TV. If it went PS3 (HDMI)->Receiver (HDMI)->Capture Device (HDMI)->TV would that work for the video since the PS3 is not directly connected to the capture device? Audio is another story of course.[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no clue, but from this thread on the xpslit forums it seems impossible still
http://www.xsplit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=10194

[quote name='AgentSquishy']Elgato allows you to record component in 1080p. Does Roxio allow this?[/QUOTE]

It does say 1080p at 30FPS or 1080i at 60fps.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Isn't the highest component can output 720p? If that's the case, I can't see much benefit in upscaling the quality like that.[/QUOTE]

it can do 1080p but only if the receiving device can take the 1080p. It could still do hdmi for 360 though which works good since it hardware upscales games but PS3 does it on a game by game basis making it better to do 1080i/720p most of the time anyways.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Isn't the highest component can output 720p? If that's the case, I can't see much benefit in upscaling the quality like that.[/QUOTE]

Component can actually go to 1080p. The Hauppauge HD PVR doesn't allow component to go higher than 1080i, but Elgato has updated their software for the game capture hd to allow component to go 1080p.

[quote name='shady520']it can do 1080p but only if the receiving device can take the 1080p. It could still do hdmi for 360 though which works good since it hardware upscales games but PS3 does it on a game by game basis making it better to do 1080i/720p most of the time anyways.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's really interesting. I may need to look into my display/capture/render capabilities of my Hauppauge, then. I've always assumed the best it could do is 720, because it's restricted to component. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT:

[quote name='AgentSquishy']Component can actually go to 1080p. The Hauppauge HD PVR doesn't allow component to go higher than 1080i, but Elgato has updated their software for the game capture hd to allow component to go 1080p.[/QUOTE]

Ah, and thank you as well. You just totally answered that question for me, haha.

Thanks TC for posting, because I wouldn't have even considered Roxio if I hadn't saw this topic. I am definitely impressed with Roxio now. A few more hours and I would have already bought an Elgato.

Really, really tempted since my son wants to be able to record HD video from his 360. But we have an iMac in the room with the consoles and it looks like this wouldn't work. Too bad 'cause I probably would have bought it otherwise.

Our only PC is my office/work laptop (that I am using now) and it probably isn't powerful enough anyway.

Thanks OP, finally decided to bite the bullet since it really is cheaper than anything else out there for HD use and I can probably get my money back if I don't like/can't/do not use it.

bread's done
Back