Good gaming laptop?

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I think its time to get a new system. MY older Dell XPS died last year. Nvidia GPU fried. Ive been on an ancient system i built way back around 2003 or so since then so needless to say ive been outa the pc gaming loop for a while =P

I kinda wanna snag a gaming laptop. Are there any decent ones out there? Or is heat still a major issue with most of them? I did a little searching and Samsung seems to have a decent one with its Samsung Series 7 gamer laptop. I havent seen many reviews but most seem to be relatively positive. Is that a decent one to get? Id like to keep it around about $2,0000 or under preferably

Is that samsung a decent bet? Any brands i should check out? I heard Alienwares are decent but that they have a lot of heat and other issues since they got bought out by Dell. Should i look at ACers or anything else? Just looking for some suggestions and feedback from those of you who probably know more about this than I do.

Note: this would be used pretty much for Gaming and watching media. I had my old laptop hooked up to my HT. I watched anime and movies on the bigscreen with it constantly so id like to have a VGA/HDMI out or something for that. Heat is a big issue for me since my old one died from heat issues too

^_^x KD

I don't know a lot about Samsung's. I have one of their SSD'S and it is great. They offer some great support section of their site, weither that carriers over for laptops, I don't know.

You could get a nice XPS for under 1,500 but dell seems to only put midu range cards in them. Alienware does come in 2k flavors also. Dell has a reputation, but are not the best value when it comes to high specs.

Asus Republic of Gamers series is one of the best mainstream power options out there, but I'm not sure if they have overcome a run of problems they had going (BSODs)

Lately I've noticed Sager running some pretty competitive prices(compared to the past) AND they offer some serious customization options. You could get a nice set up for under 2,000 including a GTX 675M, maybe better, with 1080p.

IBUYPOWER and CyberPowerPC have awesome deals but seemingly sketchy Customer Service, . A half hour on resellerratings will leave you wary of them. I think their customer service may have improved recently, but check them out yourself, too much to cover.

There are many.more botique options, I suggest buying a copy or flipping through MaximumPC to get a list from the ads. It'll be a good starting point, and most ads list a ton of options

well considering it was an XPS that had a fried GPU i think ill pass on a dell again. Their was actually a lawsuit against them for that series because the graphic card they used was basically defective. Sorry, what does BOSD mean for the Acer laptop problems?

I think its between the sammy or a Sager right now. Sager does have some decent deals going. Are they a reputable company? Ive heard their name a few times. My concern is the lack of detailed info on their site... I.E. whats the difference between the monitors? One thing i like about the Sammy is i hear it has a killer screen

^_^x KD

Asus all the way. I bought a g53 from newegg last June and am still really happy with it. Paid 1150 for it. And specs were nice and about 200 cheaper than any "mainstream" lappy.

BSOD is Blue screen of death. I never looked into what the problem was exactly(or if anyone found out) but I know it spanned at least 2 generations of ROG series. Again, look into it yourself if you like them(I was very close to getting one myself, pretty impressive rigs), it might be fixed or limited to certain models.

I run a ROG G74SX and love it. I've been rocking this system for going on a year now and it's running everything I'm throwing at it. I find and still do a shit ton of research on laptops as that is my preferred gaming platform. I'd wouldn't stray too far from Asus, MSI, or Sager to be honest.

i have HP. ive been using it for gaming since 2009. games run smoothly. in my opinion of course, im not really particular with brands i concentrate more of the specs and all.

I have an ASUS N55SF, and it runs like a champ! It's got a GT555. Probably the next best thing to an ROG laptop. I've played everything from Arkham Asylum to Blue to Metro 2033 on it. The only oddity is that the FPS really drops if it's not plugged in --- Googling around, it looks like a lot of laptops do this to save battery life.

i just bought the samsung series 7 gamer... can't wait should arrive tomorrow.

Got it for a little under $1,700 with credits.

I suggest that you use a Razer laptop. Their laptops are specially made for gaming so it will suit all of your gaming needs. It is very convenient to use plus you will feel comfortable while you are using it. It has also great specs so play any game.

Try to see this good gaming unit sir. :)
Alienware M17x R4 gaming laptop exudes performance. Its design epitomizes what a gaming laptop should look like, and thanks to a new Ivy Bridge processor and Nvidia Kepler graphics, it topped our leaderboard on multimedia benchmark tests, and returned playable frame rates at its 1,920-by-1,080 native resolution. It's ostentatious, audacious, over the top, and strangely enough, more affordable than rivals.

bread's done
Back