Yakuza: Dead Souls $15.90 ($20.80 Shipped) PlayAsia

[quote name='CaoPi']except that it's the PAL ver, DLC is region locked! Also my last shipment from them came literally destroyed, slow shipping as hell and came damaged![/QUOTE]

I've never ordered from Zavvi, but Play Asia has never done me wrong. I also like how Play Asia clearly tell you if a game is region locked or not. Some games are PAL, but can still play in North American consoles.

Unless I have to, otherwise ill stay away from Zavvi. They always charge you extra in fees, if you look your credit card statement.

[quote name='MrEKO73']I've never ordered from Zavvi, but Play Asia has never done me wrong. I also like how Play Asia clearly tell you if a game is region locked or not. Some games are PAL, but can still play in North American consoles.[/QUOTE]

Most PS3 games are region free. However, there are a few region games that are locked on PS3 actually, I can't recall at the moment...

Just double checking, this is the US release version right? Im assuming thats what the little US flag picture means? Wanted to make sure before i considered ordering it. I havent ordered anything from PA in a while but they have always shipped quickly and packaged their stuff well. Like someone else mentioned that can NOT be said for Zavvi

[quote name='Kenshindono']Just double checking, this is the US release version right?[/QUOTE]

The "Further Info" section of the page states that it's the US version.

[quote name='CaoPi']except that it's the PAL ver, DLC is region locked! Also my last shipment from them came literally destroyed, slow shipping as hell and came damaged![/QUOTE]

well shopto also as it for less as well and they use a royal mail dlc is still a problem
but should arrive a lot faster then playasia

[quote name='junghu']Unless I have to, otherwise ill stay away from Zavvi. They always charge you extra in fees, if you look your credit card statement.[/QUOTE]
To be clear - Zavvi doesn't charge the extra fee, it is the credit card company charging a currency conversion fee. There are some credit cards (like Chase Sapphire) that do not charge a currency conversion fee.

is this actually a good price? I wanted to wait for ~15 bucks for this. Yakuza 4 droped to about 10 at one point. Any chance this will hit that, or was this a lower print game?

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']is this actually a good price? I wanted to wait for ~15 bucks for this. Yakuza 4 droped to about 10 at one point. Any chance this will hit that, or was this a lower print game?

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Yes get it now, it's gonna be a rare title later, sega tends not to reprint there titles...

[quote name='Rsmobile']you're kidding. None of the other Yakuza games are rare or pricey[/QUOTE]

Yakuza 2 is rare, at least a new copy the price on that thing is crazy!

When I wrote that post I immediately thought Yakuza 2 but I was too lazy to update it and hoped you wouldn't catch that omission.

Jerk.

well i just ordered it. I figured an extra 5-6 bucks isn't that big a deal on the chance that it will become hard to find instead of just hitting the

[quote name='Kenshindono']well i just ordered it. I figured an extra 5-6 bucks isn't that big a deal on the chance that it will become hard to find instead of just hitting the

[quote name='tenike1']I have the platinum trophy for the game and obviously have spent a lot of time playing it. The shooting mechanic thing is overrated. I think the game requires you to aim with the left analog stick... kind of unusual. Either way, it is something that a gamer should be able to adapt to. There's no reason to condemn a game because of its controls. I've killed myself with grenades many times because I think it's the reload button from the previous game I was playing. It's just a fact of video game life that controls differ from game to game. The bottom line is this: if you liked Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4, then you will like this game. If you didn't like Yakuza 3 and 4, then this game is not for you. I've been waiting for a $15 price point and this is good enough for me. I sold my original copy I pre-ordered from gamestop because the cover was creased.[/QUOTE]

Never played Superman 64 i see? ;P Heh, seriously though, some of the gameplay videos i saw made it look pretty bad. Stuff like players getting stuck in a constant knock down loop with enemies, ect

I've actually only played Yakuza 1 despite owning 2, 3, and 4. I DID play the demo for 4 and enjoyed it though, so thats probably a good sign

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']Never played Superman 64 i see? ;P Heh, seriously though, some of the gameplay videos i saw made it look pretty bad. Stuff like players getting stuck in a constant knock down loop with enemies, ect

I've actually only played Yakuza 1 despite owning 2, 3, and 4. I DID play the demo for 4 and enjoyed it though, so thats probably a good sign

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way. There are crybabies out there who will put a GOOD game down because the button layout isn't to their liking - it doesn't mean that the game is bad.

IF you get knocked down in a swarm of zombies, especially early in the game without any decent weapons or a shotgun, you are going to have a very difficult time getting back up. Sometimes it can be impossible. Try your best to avoid being cornered or swarmed. When in the infected areas, sometimes it's best just to avoid the zombies all together. Just run to your objective.

bread's done
Back