hows bestbuy with free shipping?

In-stock items that you purchase mysteriously go out-of-stock as soon you purchase them. So be careful if you're in a rush. For example, last week I ordered about 4 or 5 DVDs, Kill Bill and Dumb & Dumber suddenly became backordered, and 10 days later I'm still waiting for them. Kill Bill did just come out, but I see it everywhere, so I don't know why or how it could be backordered. I also find it strange that there was a mad rush on D&D even though it was on sale for 9.99. I think it must just depend on which warehouse the stuff ships out of. I've had stuff get here within 3 days, but you're more likely looking at 5-7 shipping days (Mon-Sat USPS).

That said, I've never had a problem with the condition of games or DVDs. I have had problems on other sites (namely Amazon) with out-of-control boxcutters putting a razor cut through the plastic of an Amaray case.

Overall, not too bad, if you have the patience to wait a few extra days.

Best Buy charges tax, correct? So if they do have it in the store, what is the point of ordering it on Online? I do understand ordering an item if it's out of stock.

BestBuy.com sucks big time. They take forever to ship. If you have the option to buy online and pick up nearby, go for it. Even though they take forever on that too. But its a lot les time than waiting for the mail

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Best Buy charges tax, correct? So if they do have it in the store, what is the point of ordering it on Online? I do understand ordering an item if it's out of stock.[/quote]

When the closest BestBuy store is 90 minutes away.

The very best place to buy video games (as well as pretty much anything else) on-line is Amazon.com. Once you've ordered 2 or 3 things they'll even price match and stuff (usually), almost anything's available at any time, and...best of all? Free shipping on orders over $25! They also have a no-hassle return policy.

[quote name='kaw'][quote name='WeaponX2099']Best Buy charges tax, correct? So if they do have it in the store, what is the point of ordering it on Online? I do understand ordering an item if it's out of stock.[/quote]

When the closest BestBuy store is 90 minutes away.[/quote]

Lucky, i think the closest is a tad over 3 hours for me :whistle2:(

I've only ordered two things from bestbuy.com, both DVDs and both pre-orders. One arrived the Monday before the release date, the other arrived on the Tuesday it was released.

[quote name='mgariti']The very best place to buy video games (as well as pretty much anything else) on-line is Amazon.com. Once you've ordered 2 or 3 things they'll even price match and stuff (usually), almost anything's available at any time, and...best of all? Free shipping on orders over $25! They also have a no-hassle return policy.[/quote]
I second that!

I've ordered lots of stuff on Bestbuy.com and have always received the items quickly & well packaged. I have my items shipped to my office, however, which may make a difference in the speed of the delivery.

The stuff I've ordered from BB.com was delivered quickly... all except for Onimusha 2, which debatably had been mistakenly lowered to $9, since the speed at which it reached backorder status was mindblowing. Not only did it take awhile to receive, but the box was bent (had to get a spare from a friend so that I could close it).

Otherwise, I've ordered from them without hassle. Roughly 5 business days for shipping, and no other damaged goods. Worth the nothing I pay to have things shipped from there.

bread's done
Back