* - - - - 4 votes

The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

#721 rbanez   ♔♔ CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

heat vs lakers as the xmas game? Lol  Espn and nba probably conspired to do that. That's the perfect time to hype up lebron to la talk. I would have preferred heat vs spurs, nets, knicks, pacers, bulls heck even cavs over lakers. But that is what espn have requested so lol.

What im playing: 
:ps4: Bloodborne

#722 rbanez   ♔♔ CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Apparently there are NBA players linked to that Biogenesis clinic in Miami... Damn, this has me worried lol.

What im playing: 

#723 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   1811 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Fallout 3
PS3

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

Looks like the Pacers may be aquiring Luis Scola. 

http://network.yardb...m_suns/14147555

http://www.hoopsworl...ring-luis-scola

Looking at salaries it seems a trade would include Gerald Green and either Miles Plumlee or Solomon Hill unless other players are coming from Phoenix.  Since Phoenix is rebuilding I would imagine it would also include a second round draft pick.

With the pick-ups made so far, scoring off the bench will no longer be a problem.  I do think there will be a drop off in defensive intensity in the second unit though.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#724 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24104 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Apparently there are NBA players linked to that Biogenesis clinic in Miami... Damn, this has me worried lol.

Not surprising when you consider that Hedo and Rashard Lewis were the last two players popped for roids and both play in Florida.

#725 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Looks like the Pacers may be aquiring Luis Scola. 

http://network.yardb...m_suns/14147555

http://www.hoopsworl...ring-luis-scola

Looking at salaries it seems a trade would include Gerald Green and either Miles Plumlee or Solomon Hill unless other players are coming from Phoenix.  Since Phoenix is rebuilding I would imagine it would also include a second round draft pick.

With the pick-ups made so far, scoring off the bench will no longer be a problem.  I do think there will be a drop off in defensive intensity in the second unit though.

This trade has since been agreed upon. Luis Scola to the Pacers and Phoenix gets Gerald Green, Miles Plumlee, and a first round '14 pick that's lottery protected.

EDIT: And Gary Neal has signed a 2-year, $6.5 million deal with the Bucks.

#726 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   1811 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Fallout 3
PS3

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

I had hoped that they would not include a first round pick, but I guess it's not going to be any lower than about 23 unless there are a long string of injuries.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#727 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Looks like the Rockets are going to sign Marcus Camby sometime today.

#728 Cheshire Wolf   CAG BALLER! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Cheshire Wolf

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

I don't think Kobe is the worst guy to get this type of injury. Yeah, it's terrible because of his age, but he's also one of the most skilled players in the NBA, and one of the most determined. 

If someone like D Wade got that injury and he couldn't come back  to ~ninety something percent of what he was he would be completely fucked. Kobe can at least fall back on that skill even if he can't quite move/jump like he did pre-injury. Also him being way ahead of schedule is pretty promising. Will be interesting to see how he does. 

Eh being "ahead of schedule" is a term that shouldn't come out of anyone in sports mouth because it sets unrealistic standards. I agree that this kind of injury would be more detrimental to Wade's game, but that being said I can almost guarantee 99% of people will take Wade with bad knees over any player in the final stages of their career with a ruptured Achilles. That's not even taking into account that Wade has quite the complementary team to fall back on while Kobe has what? Chris Kaman & Nick Young? Lol to make this clear I'm not mocking the Lakers (as much as I would love to say I am) but when your third and second best players are an aged and almost useless Steve Nash to an utterly abysmal Pau Gasol (I will say I am mocking Pau Gasol here because after watching him for so long I think he is GARBAGE regardless of his numbers, good seasons, etc. Nothing against him, just really don't feel his game). It's hard to imagine he's going to be able to rest his injury throughout the year and not be pushing to 150% at almost age 35. It's just a formula for another injury, and yes I am one of those people that believe that his injury was not a freak accident and due to the insane amount of minutes he was required to play to merely will his team into the playoffs. In my opinion, he should cash in his chips and go play in China, he would see more success and be far less at risk of another injury.

Can a young Fuck get money anymore? - Kanye West

#729 Cheshire Wolf   CAG BALLER! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Cheshire Wolf

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

Also didn't see it posted but apparently Greg Oden will be announcing his where he's going tomorrow on a quote unquote "very special episode of sportcenter" Before everyone starts screaming "The Decision PART II" I would liked to say as a Miami fan, if this is true it will be the most epic of facepalms. Our team has a bad enough image, and if he's trying to pull a Lebron here, I can't say it wouldn't put a damper on him coming to Miami at all, sense this would just raise expectations for a player whose been in the league for almost 5 years and only played 1 full seasons worth of games. Then again he could go to the Pelicans. Which would only be a facepalm for Greg Oden lol

#730 rbanez   ♔♔ CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

pretty good trade for indiana. Anything that could get rid of gerald green contract is a great move lol. Though miles plumlee could turn out pretty serviceable in the near future.

As for Oden, Should he cash it in and sign with a non contender or get a small contract with a contender knowing he might not have that many playing years ahead of him butgets a shot at a ring. If I were him I would go for the money... But I want him to go to heat.

What im playing: 

#731 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Lakers have hired Kurt Rambis as an assistant coach.

#732 BigSpoonyBard   Aaaaauuugghh! CAGiversary!   10499 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

BigSpoonyBard

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Also didn't see it posted but apparently Greg Oden will be announcing his where he's going tomorrow on a quote unquote "very special episode of sportcenter" Before everyone starts screaming "The Decision PART II" I would liked to say as a Miami fan, if this is true it will be the most epic of facepalms. Our team has a bad enough image, and if he's trying to pull a Lebron here, I can't say it wouldn't put a damper on him coming to Miami at all, sense this would just raise expectations for a player whose been in the league for almost 5 years and only played 1 full seasons worth of games. Then again he could go to the Pelicans. Which would only be a facepalm for Greg Oden lol

I'm just going to leave this here: http://www.theonion....eg-odens,33262/

Lakers have hired Kurt Rambis as an assistant coach.

Might as well suit him up.  I'm sure he'd still be tougher than anyone currently hitting the floor for the Lakers.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#733 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Looks like DeJuan Blair is going to sign with the Mavs for a year and the vet minimum.

#734 zyk   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Jennings to the Pistons in a sign & trade, 3 year 24 million. Details still coming out, but Pistons are sending Brandon Knight.

Pistons going for that yearly 1st round exit it seems.

Edit:

Detroit Gets: Brandon Jennings

Milwaukee Gets:  Brandon Knight, Slava Kravtsov and Khris Middleton

#735 The 7th Number   Lambent CAGiversary!   6532 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Wow id be happy if we get Knight. Bucks signed Gary Neal too. I know it was said weeks ago, but now official. He was pretty good in the NBA finals.

According to Yahoo Bucks would get Knight, Middleton, and Kravtsov. Not a bad haul for one guy. Hopefully the Bucks would keep all three.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#736 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

Brandon Jennings must have just burned all bridges with the Bucks. It was reported that he wanted $10-12 million a year and the Bucks clearly didn't want to pay him that. And it didn't help that he was in a position to make things difficult for them next off-season too if they didn't re-sign him. So now Jennings is making the same amount next year as the guy who the Bucks originally gave an offer sheet to in an attempt to replace Jennings, Jeff Teague.

#737 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Filling out the rest of the Christmas day NBA schedule for next season and joining the previously announced Heat/Lakers game, the Bulls will play the Nets, and it's the Thunder vs. the Knicks.

#738 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

John Wall and the Wizards have agree to a 5-year/$80 milion contract extension.

#739 zyk   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

BQmilNRCEAABCUc.png

The New Orleans Pelican jerseys if anyone was interested

Reminds me of the Pacers

#740 rbanez   ♔♔ CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

BQmilNRCEAABCUc.png

The New Orleans Pelican jerseys if anyone was interested

Reminds me of the Pacers

obamanotbad.jpg I was hoping they would also make a jersey with "Pelicans" on it lol. This one is too safe.

Seems like the 'cats will still hold the nba's worst jersey title. 

What im playing: 

#741 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

Greg Oden has chosen to play for the Heat.

#742 The 7th Number   Lambent CAGiversary!   6532 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

Greg Oden press conference "I have decided...... to take my injuries to south beach for the upcoming season!".

#743 Cheshire Wolf   CAG BALLER! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Cheshire Wolf

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

Greg Oden press conference "I have decided...... to take my injuries to south beach for the upcoming season!".

He figured if he can average 5/10/3 on >15 minutes a game he'd be down for the three-peat. Not to mention this protects them from teams that tend to attempt to rough them up like the Bulls, Pacers, Grizzlies, Nets, Etc.

#744 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

He figured if he can average 5/10/3 on >15 minutes a game he'd be down for the three-peat. Not to mention this protects them from teams that tend to attempt to rough them up like the Bulls, Pacers, Grizzlies, Nets, Etc.

How does one of the most injury prone players in the league protect the Heat from teams that rough them up? And if you think he's playing more than 15 minutes a game or putting up those kind of stats, than put the Kool-Aid down now. Even at his best, Oden has never averaged much more than 20 minutes a game. He clearly couldn't even handle that much playing time as he got hurt over and over again.

#745 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

The NBA has released the official schedule for the 2013-14 season. Here's a nice breakdown of some of the more important games: http://probasketball...s-day-matchups/

#746 The 7th Number   Lambent CAGiversary!   6532 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

No love for Brandon Jennings first game in milwaukee as a piston? But NBATV will cover OJ Mayos first game back in Dallas. :/

LMAO, Bucks get one game on ESPN, but its their last game. So it wont mean anything. Good choice NBA! Cant wait to see a bunch of scrubs start because their season was over weeks, if not months ago!

#747 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17097 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

All of these teams getting new players. Spurs same old roster, cool. Fuck the spurs

#748 renique46   CAGiversary! Silenced   2692 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

renique46

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

Yes Fuck that team that swept memphis, made finals and had a clear title in sight but decided to give it away but Fuck them.

#749 kdiddy1989   2011 NBA Champions CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago   Has been playing BioShock

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

All of these teams getting new players. Spurs same old roster, cool. Fuck the spurs

You saying this as an upset fan? It sounds like that.

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#750 Cheshire Wolf   CAG BALLER! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Cheshire Wolf

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

How does one of the most injury prone players in the league protect the Heat from teams that rough them up? And if you think he's playing more than 15 minutes a game or putting up those kind of stats, than put the Kool-Aid down now. Even at his best, Oden has never averaged much more than 20 minutes a game. He clearly couldn't even handle that much playing time as he got hurt over and over again.

I said less than 15 minutes a game first off and that's all they need from him. I've heard the injury argument from everyone and their grandmother but if he even gives them 20% of the production he did in college, he will be able to protect us against teams with BIG MEN ala those I mentioned previously. Don't be in that giant category that assumes just because a player has been injured in the past he can't produce. Otherwise he wouldn't have idk six teams going after him include the two that were in the finals last year. He doesn't need to play more than 15 minutes a game for a three-peat. Also expecting 10 rebounds and 3 blocks in 15 minutes is obviously optimistic except he's fucking seven feet tall. Maybe you should put the kool-aid down, he wouldn't have gotten signed if he wasn't able to produce.