70% off any Video Game or Pokemon Item under $19.99 with Pokemon Black/White 2?

Is this 70% off any *1* video game/Pokemon item? Or is it 70% off any video game*s*/Pokemon item*s*? If it's the latter, I can see people going crazy with this deal.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Is this 70% off any *1* video game/Pokemon item? Or is it 70% off any video game*s*/Pokemon item*s*? If it's the latter, I can see people going crazy with this deal.[/QUOTE]

OMG!!!!!

Buy one copy of Pokemon Black and White and get everything else in the store for 70% off!!!!!

Spoderman: 1
Toys R Us: -0

too bad pokemon games dont even fucking go down in price. Im praying for a 3ds white/black 2 3ds bundle for black friday. I dont currently own a ds, so I cant play this :(.

Sweet i can pick up Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks for the DS :D

(doesn't seem to work online?)

Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably 70% off any 3DS, DS, Wii, or PS2 shovelware priced below $19.99 or Pokemon Items (DVDs, Figurines, Pokemon trading cards, etc...) below $19.99.

If its any 19.99 or less games you can get mass effect 1 for 360 for 6 bucks or so. You could then flip it to gamestop for 16$ with that incomming 50% promo (along with the pur reward card) if you wanna make some profit at gamestop lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']If its any 19.99 or less games you can get mass effect 1 for 360 for 6 bucks or so. You could then flip it to gamestop for 16$ with that incomming 50% promo (along with the pur reward card) if you wanna make some profit at gamestop lol[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea. I wonder if they have any better games though.

Edit: For trading in that is.

[quote name='Roopie']That's not a bad idea. I wonder if they have any better games though.

Edit: For trading in that is.[/QUOTE]

When it comes to the base values thats the best one i can find

[quote name='strait edge follower']When it comes to the base values thats the best one i can find[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for doing it!

Does this mean I could get the paperback strategy guide for 70% off? And is this a preorder bonus or can I just go in and buy it next Sunday?

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Does this mean I could get the paperback strategy guide for 70% off? And is this a preorder bonus or can I just go in and buy it next Sunday?[/QUOTE]

I would assume so.

[quote name='strait edge follower']If its any 19.99 or less games you can get mass effect 1 for 360 for 6 bucks or so. You could then flip it to gamestop for 16$ with that incomming 50% promo (along with the pur reward card) if you wanna make some profit at gamestop lol[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about a universal 50% trade in promo or the ones they are doing on and off next to Best Buy's?

Interesting...I'd be in for the strategy guide maybe. I'm planning on buying 3 copies (one of each for me and one for my son), so I might have to look to see what else they have that would work here. Thanks OP

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']Are you talking about a universal 50% trade in promo or the ones they are doing on and off next to Best Buy's?[/QUOTE]

Certin gamestops will be doing that promo. You should have gotten an email. Chances are that at least one gamestop in your area is doin it

[quote name='strait edge follower']Certin gamestops will be doing that promo. You should have gotten an email. Chances are that at least one gamestop in your area is doin it[/QUOTE]
Thanks for reminding. I did indeed get an e-mail and yup that one store is next to a best buy.

[quote name='Raiders4life']Meh. You have to buy Pokemon Black/White 2 and then you get 70% off $20 games...lol[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's exactly what it says.

[quote name='troy2007']Interesting...I'd be in for the strategy guide maybe. I'm planning on buying 3 copies (one of each for me and one for my son), so I might have to look to see what else they have that would work here. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

First time I've contributed and had someone say thanks. AWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAH!

[quote name='Nemo_Griffin']So do I wait til 10/7 for the deal because the online is not taking 70% off of the $20 game.[/QUOTE]

Probably, which looking at the dates, I wouldn't be surprised if it was in next weeks ad.

This 70% deal means there might be hope is seeing the buy 1 game $19.99 and under and get 75% off any $19.99 game again. That was a great sale.

I already have 1 copy of each (B2/W2) at GS mostly paid for w/ store credit, guess as usual I should have waited.

ummmmm need to see if this is a good deal so i do my little math here

TRU
Pokemon 2 ----------------------------35
puzzler world 12--------------------------6

total 41 bucks

Gamefly (guessing at prices)
Pokemon 2 25 (with 10% off) use my 5 buck coupon that is going to expire 20 bucks
Puzzler world 2 20
total 40 bucks

Target
pokemon 35 with 5 buck gift card
puzzler world 20 (15 after give card)
total 50

so its either gamefly or TRU too bad TRU sucks and wont carry Puzzler world 12

i think i just grab Pokemon 2 off gamefly for 20 unless there are better deals later

I can confirm the deal of 70% off another $19.99 game/pokemon item. I don't know whether they are platform specific as I havn't seen the ad yet.

There is also a collectible coin that will be given away with purchase . One for each game. Will try to get pictures tomorrow if I have time.

[quote name='prim4444']I can confirm the deal of 70% off another $19.99 game/pokemon item. I don't know whether they are platform specific as I havn't seen the ad yet.

There is also a collectible coin that will be given away with purchase . One for each game. Will try to get pictures tomorrow if I have time.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed in-store as well? :)

Yes, in store.

The ad states ANY game or pokemon item $19.99 or under. Limit 1 per guest. So you should be able to get any game for any system.

Here is the giveaway coin (both front and back). The case is about 1 1/2 inches square.
Coins.jpg

[quote name='209chromatic']Do you need to preorder to get the coin?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Some stores may save some coins for pre ordered copies, then give away the rest with regular purchases.

Wow, coin looks pretty nice. Though.....sucks that the official guide with the special code for Black/White 2 wont be out till November. Not sure if the store has much of anything else in that price range I'd want.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wow, coin looks pretty nice. Though.....sucks that the official guide with the special code for Black/White 2 wont be out till November. Not sure if the store has much of anything else in that price range I'd want.[/QUOTE]

What guide and code is it? I want everything pokemon related I can get. I remember usually TRU in the past always gave some kind of physical bonus when you picked up the game.

The name is "Official National Pokedex & Guide Volume 2" according to Serebii. And the code is for a Gothorita with Shadow Tag

Its weird though, I just checked Amazon and theres 3 guides coming out. Theres a Hard Cover Collectors Edition and a Paper Back guide releasing on the 7th, then theres the one releasing on November 19th. All 3 are by the same company, but only the 19th one comes with the code

EDIT: Judging by the description, I'm guessing the first 2 coming out are just Unova based, and have maps and Walkthroughs and such, and the 2nd one is just the National Dex with all the moves and stats and such. Kinda wish the code came with the first 2......can easily get that info online.

[quote name='prim4444']Yes, in store.

The ad states ANY game or pokemon item $19.99 or under. Limit 1 per guest. So you should be able to get any game for any system.

Here is the giveaway coin (both front and back). The case is about 1 1/2 inches square.
Coins.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

Also, maybe a pointless question, but pre-orders qualify for this deal (and the coin is guaranteed), correct?

Thanks for the reply. Hidden ability is shadow tag ill try and unlock it some other way if possible. The CE guide looks nice but I would only want the extra bookmark or whatever that comes with it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']The name is "Official National Pokedex & Guide Volume 2" according to Serebii. And the code is for a Gothorita with Shadow Tag

Its weird though, I just checked Amazon and theres 3 guides coming out. Theres a Hard Cover Collectors Edition and a Paper Back guide releasing on the 7th, then theres the one releasing on November 19th. All 3 are by the same company, but only the 19th one comes with the code

EDIT: Judging by the description, I'm guessing the first 2 coming out are just Unova based, and have maps and Walkthroughs and such, and the 2nd one is just the National Dex with all the moves and stats and such. Kinda wish the code came with the first 2......can easily get that info online.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Hmm... BW2 and DQIX or DQVI for $45... would BW2 be a good purchase if I have only played Emerald?[/QUOTE]
Definitely not. BW2 is a sequel to Black and White, it's not the same game with extras like Emerald was to Ruby and Sapphire. So if you can, get Black or White.

The deal says get any game $20 or less OR any Pokemon item 70% off. So don't Pokemon games count as Pokemon items? Can't you get a high priced Pokemon game 70% off?

Lol, I doubt they would let you buy Black 2 and get White 2 for 70% off on release day. They know they could still sell them for full MSRP easily.

Would be epic though...

I would be all over this is you could apply it to a whole order of Pokemon stuff.

My little brother has become obsessed with Pokemon cards and so I have started getting back in the game so I can play with him and I would definitely do this if I could get a whole ORDER of booster packs for 70% off. Only one item however.... I will pass.

So don't mean to be lazy but but before I make a TRU account to attempt this does anyone know if they offer free shipping? I see they have sales tax (ugh!) and offer standard or expedited but they don't list their prices for any of the options. I intend to get both games so I'd like to keep my Amazon preorder for one and get the other one through here to get this deal (had my eye on Superhero Squad for awhile now, opportunity I've been waiting for) so I don't mind if it takes forever to get her as long as it's free. Sales tax + paying shipping on the other hand I'll probably not go for this as I'm still saving money but I don't want SS that bad to the point where I'll spend a bit more unless the price is really good.

Interesting. I need to buy Black 2 (for myself) and White 2 (for my nephews). Would love to get at those coins.

Looks like TRU might be where I need to get to on release day.

EDIT: Except my girlfriend is running the Chicago Marathon...so I'll be there. Now I need to find a gopher to get to TRU for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there goes my Sunday. This sounds almost as good as the HG/SS release, where I got a cardboard Pikachu visor, coloring pages with Ho-oh and Lugia, a stack of promotional $5 gift cards (inactive), a free case/stylus set, and the actual game.

I want these coins, so I'm definitely hitting up TRU.

[quote name='Navex']So don't mean to be lazy but but before I make a TRU account to attempt this does anyone know if they offer free shipping? I see they have sales tax (ugh!) and offer standard or expedited but they don't list their prices for any of the options. I intend to get both games so I'd like to keep my Amazon preorder for one and get the other one through here to get this deal (had my eye on Superhero Squad for awhile now, opportunity I've been waiting for) so I don't mind if it takes forever to get her as long as it's free. Sales tax + paying shipping on the other hand I'll probably not go for this as I'm still saving money but I don't want SS that bad to the point where I'll spend a bit more unless the price is really good.[/QUOTE]

It seems they have free shipping for pre-orders. I did not get charged shipping. Of course, who knows when it'll get here.

[quote name='Fukurou']Definitely not. BW2 is a sequel to Black and White, it's not the same game with extras like Emerald was to Ruby and Sapphire. So if you can, get Black or White.

The deal says get any game $20 or less OR any Pokemon item 70% off. So don't Pokemon games count as Pokemon items? Can't you get a high priced Pokemon game 70% off?[/QUOTE]

No, it says
70% Off ANY Video Game/Pokemon Item Priced $19.99 or Less when you buy Pokemon Black or White 2

And links to "Video Games Priced $19.99 or less" and "Pokemon Items Priced $19.99 or Less".

bread's done
Back