Best place to buy Blu-rays?

BNoyes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm finally looking to start building a decent collection of Blu-rays was wondering where the best place to buy is. There is obviously Amazon (and I have some credit there), but are there better options? And does Amazon ever have Blu-ray deals like buy 2 get 1 free? If it matters, the types of movies I'm looking to get are No Country For Old Men, There Will be Blood, and Silence of the Lambs. Crap like that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Your best bet is to wait for Best Buy's Upgrade and Save. If you're not familiar with it, check out this thread, http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329218. Basically, you trade in any DVD and you get a $5 off coupon for ANY Blu-ray priced $9.99 and up. I've built up my collection quite a bit with some solid $5 Blu-rays. All the ones you listed are easily ones that could end up being $5 after a coupon. They may have even been in the past.

As far as I know, Amazon doesn't do B2G1s. I could be wrong though, so don't take my word for it. GoHastings.com is also a great place for Blus. They have great sales week and week out and often have 30% off used Blu-rays, so if you don't mind buying used, this is the place to shop. 90% of the stuff I receive from them comes in great condition, so you shouldn't worry too much about it being used. And you may not think 30% is that great of a sale, but that's coming off of already great prices. I've gotten many recent releases for $4-$8 before. It's my favorite site to buy media.

You've got both of my suggestions already, Amazon & Best Buy (especially with the trade-in coming back).

Don't forget about Black Friday coming up too soon, as well, if you feel the slightest bit brave. When I'm not working that helacious shift, my girlfriend & I usually do the rounds--Walmart, Target, & Best Buy around mid-to-late morning or even in the afternoon (there's really no need to be one of the "super" early zealots when it comes to simple media) and you can generally scoop up a few awesome deals. Newish movies can be found for $5-10, TV series for $15-20, special double-packs or gift packs. Last year we didn't have a lot of luck, but we also weren't really looking for anything in particular besides TV seasons, but in all of the previous years we made out like bandits.

I'm not sure I'm ready to face the Black Friday crowds, but I may just wait to see if there are any good online deals on BF or cyber monday. I actually forgot that those were coming up. Thanks for the suggestions.

Amazon does do BOGO type of deals but not that often. Usually you'll find something you'll like but the rest of the qualifying titles will be junk or simply things you don't want to get to justify the deal. With the holiday season fast approaching I suspect you may see some decent deals pop up there along with the Black Friday sale.

bread's done
Back