Your Game Of The Year/Most Anticipated Upcoming Games

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
I know it's too early for this but fortunately I don't care. So, what so far is your game/s of the year and what are your most anticipated upcoming for this year?

GOTY so far:
  1. Borderlands 2
  2. Journey
  3. The Walking Dead
  4. Torchlight 2

Most anticipated:
  1. Virtues Last Reward
  2. Dishonored
  3. Assassins Creed III
  4. Skylanders (for the kids...)

GOTY:
1. The Walking Dead
2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
3. Final Fantasy XIII-2

Most Anticipated:
1. Phoenix Wright 5 (3DS)
2. Saints Row 4
3. Resident Evil 6 (although its gonna be crap)

[quote name='mrcheeses']GOTY:
1. The Walking Dead
2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
3. Final Fantasy XIII-2

Most Anticipated:
1. Phoenix Wright 5 (3DS)
2. Saints Row 4
3. Resident Evil 6 (although its gonna be crap)[/QUOTE]

TFT2 and Final Frantasy 13 sucks. FF13 is one of those games that nobody likes except for socially awkward nerds and even that's debatable. But square is like Nobody likes 13? Make another, still dont' like it? Make 13-3! Make it till people love it! Yet still no remake of 6 or 7 which people do want. Square loves going with that trollercoaster.

GOTY So Far:

1. Borderlands 2
2. Little Big Planet Vita
3. Sleeping Dogs

Most Anticipated:

1. Dishonored
2. PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
3. Hitman Absolution

GOTY
1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Max Payne 3
3. Witcher 2
Anticipating
1. NBA 2K13
2. Halo 4
3. PlayStation All Star Battle something something

Honestly this year I didn't play that many new releases and I didn't care about most of them either. I'd still really like to play sleepy dogs.

GOTY
1 Sleeping Dogs
2. Borderlands 2
3. ????? Lego Batman 2 ???
Anticipated:
1. Ni No Kuni
2. GTA 5
3. ????? Lego LOTR ?????

Sleeping Dogs is Open World done right. Beat it on Xbox in 4 play sessions have it for PS3 but will let it wait till X-mas to plow through it.

Yes I enjoy the lego games I am a baby or whatever.

Games of the Year: Borderlands 2, Journey, Binary Domain, The Walking Dead, Spec Ops The Line

Anticipated: Dishonored, Far Cry 3, PS All Stars Battle Royale, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Assassins Creed 3, The Last of Us, Bioshock infinite, Black ops 2

GOTY :
Mass Effect 3
Sleeping Dogs
Max Payne

Most anticipated:
Assassin's Creed 3 - awesome setting
Dishonored

Didn't think Walking Dead was on everyone's list. I gotta go check it out.

Just goes to show you there's a world of difference in the game releases between 4th quarter or last year and this year. This time last year we were waiting for some of the greatest games ever. This year's much more disappointing.

Dishonored seems interesting but I'm not fond of 1st person games where you can't see yourself. Especially stealth 1st person games where you can't see yourself and some guy can see you.

Assassin's Creed 3 also seems interesting but I don't like that this is the 4th AC game made in 4 years. AC Revelations was quality but you could tell that the well was running a little dry. We'll see if it gets filled up again.

And that's it for me. I don't care for dudebro games.

I am just playing through Metro 2033 on PC right now. I know I am late to the party, on this one, but it didn't come out on PS3, and I just recently upgraded my PC and have the ability to play it now.

It is one of the best games I have ever played. Controls are clunky with 360 controller and I don't do kb/m, but story and voice acting are great. Environments are are creepy. It is probably too scary for me, but I can't put it down. Graphics are amazing, and everythings is so detailed. It is like they expected you to look in every corner. Even with the controls, the only thing preventing this game in one sitting is 'scary' factor. I am a chickenshit.

Anyway, I am going to pre-order metro 2034 now, and it is really the only game I am looking forward too... unless another ____ Souls game comes out.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Journey
3. Mass Effect 3

It should be noted that I have yet to play Borderlands 2, though it should also be noted that I didn't care much for Borderlands 1 (though I still need to give it more time).

Anticipated (for 2012 releases):
Assassins Creed III
Dishonored

[quote name='Vinny']1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Journey
3. Mass Effect 3

It should be noted that I have yet to play Borderlands 2, though it should also be noted that I didn't care much for Borderlands 1 (though I still need to give it more time).

Anticipated (for 2012 releases):
Assassins Creed III
Dishonored[/QUOTE]

I didn't get into Borderlands 1 at all for some reason. I don't know how different this one is but for whatever reason I am loving this one. I like the sense of constant progression from the guns/leveling up.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I am just playing through Metro 2033 on PC right now. I know I am late to the party, on this one, but it didn't come out on PS3, and I just recently upgraded my PC and have the ability to play it now.

It is one of the best games I have ever played...[/QUOTE]

I should have bought this when it was like $3.50. I dont know why I didnt. Now I want to try it.

Honestly, the last game I was really excited for was Skyrim, since then there's been nothing that's really caught my eye, with the possible exception of Halo 4. Certainly nothing I'd buy on release day, and nothing I'd pay more than $20 for.

Previous GOTY:
Skyrim, was waiting for that game & setting for years since Daggerfall/Morrowind (Nordic, North/Snow, Dragons, Dragonpowers, and the chant theme song redux is awesome)

GOTY 2012:
Borderlands 2, Tales of Graces F, Journey

Anticipated:
Beyond: Two Souls, Watch Dogs, Tales of Xillia, The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider

Where are you?:
The Last Guardian, Kingdom Hearts 3, FF Versus

I didn't play that many goty contenders but the only game i am really looking forward to are GTA V and the metal gear games. I have so many great games to play those are the only ones i would be willing to pay full price or close to full price for. I haven't even played it yet and its not even a new game, but a new release; my game of the year is Nights into Dreams.

most anticipated:
  1. xcom: enemy unknown
  2. hitman: absolution
  3. Far cry 3
  4. Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  5. dead space 3
  6. dmc devil may cry
  7. lost planet 3

Last edited by a moderator:
GOTY so far...

1. Sleeping Dogs
Most Anticipated

1. Assassins Creed 3
  2. Hitman Absolution
  3. Dishonored
When I played AC1 back in Nov. 2007, I wouldn't believe that it would take 5 years for me to see the end of Desmond's story. I thoroughly enjoyed every one of the AC games and this will probably be my most favorite IP for this generation of consoles.

GOTY:

The Walking Dead
Resident Evil: Revelations
Dragon's Dogma
Borderlands 2

Most anticipated:

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Assassins Creed III: Liberation
Dishonored

Most anticipated: Hitman Absolution, I've been waiting for this game ever since I finished blood money a few years ago.

GOTY: None(nothing really stuck out to me as that damn phenomenal this year:razz:)

Anticipated:

*Tomb Raider- I'll probably wait for a $20 GH version before buying or an @Gamer coupon discount on it

*GTA V- From the screens and trailer they've shown so far it looks like the game world is gonna be more varied this time. I certainly hope there's all sorts of stuff you can do in the wilderness like hunting and maybe fishing in the stream/river they showed in the one screenshot. Hopefully every place they showed is fully accessible and doesn't require using a glitch to get there.:roll:

[quote name='ShockandAww']I didn't get into Borderlands 1 at all for some reason. I don't know how different this one is but for whatever reason I am loving this one. I like the sense of constant progression from the guns/leveling up.
[/QUOTE]

If possible, I try to play games in the order in which they're released (or chronologically if it's a story heavy series and it's an older series that I haven't already started). It also lets me see how much the developer improved the game for the sequel.

GOTY
Max Payne 3
NBA2k13

Most Anticipated
AC3

I red boxed Borderlands 2 and liked it but don't think its GOTY although I only spent about 5 hours with it...waiting for price drop. This year was pretty disappointing overall, next year will be great with Beyond Two Souls, GTAV, Bioshock, and The Last of Us.

[quote name='ZForce']GOTY (so far): Borderlands 2

Most Anticipated: Bayonetta 2[/QUOTE]

unless i am mistaken, isn't bayonetta 2 a wii-u exclusive?

The greatest game of the year for me is Payday: No Mercy and DayZ. They are both shooting games but they offer good quality of gaming plus you have to be really patient while playing these games. You should gave good shooting skills and timing to be great.

bread's done
Back