Newegg Weekly Sale 10/02 - 10/08. Res. Evil 6 $50, K. of Amalur (360) $20 and more

Thanks. I pulled the trigger on KOAR. May be five more then Gamefly, but NewEgg takes PayPal and it's brand new. I'll get a few cents from ebates too.

You can actually still use the $12 off preorder code on RE6. I just did it a few minutes ago. Maybe itll work for NBA 2k13 too.

The code is EMCJNNH224

Thanks op and thanks vincentgrey, i used the 12 bucks off code and bought two copies and used the code twice! Pretty sweet deal!

[quote name='Masterkyo']ALERT!!! Gamespot gave RESIDENT EVIL 6 4/10. The WORST resident EVIL game in this generation![/QUOTE]

I haven't played the 6th yet but I'm still 100% it's not as bad as ORC. Plus if you go by gamerankings (which is everyone) instead of just one sites opinion,it does mot have the lowest rating.

[quote name='Masterkyo']ALERT!!! Gamespot gave RESIDENT EVIL 6 4/10. The WORST resident EVIL game in this generation![/QUOTE]
It's a lot better then ORC.

I played the demo and thoroughly disliked it, but Gamespot still has some of the most inept, smug reviewers on the internet.

Great price for KoA for those who missed it at Best Buy for $10. Game of Thrones also has a good price, but I've heard it wasn't very good. That true?

In for KOA, thanks op.

As far as Game of Thrones goes, I know it launched with some serious bugs, I know for at least the PC version a lot of those bugs have been addressed via patches, and now the game is much more enjoyable. Had it been released in patched form, it would have received much better reviews, no doubt.

[quote name='AsherFischell']I played the demo and thoroughly disliked it, but Gamespot still has some of the most inept, smug reviewers on the internet.[/QUOTE]

Especially, when the producer didn't pay for advertising on their site. Granted, I don't think RE6 is a very good game, but I don't think that it's that God awful either.

Looking at reviews, RE6 seems to be a love it or hate it.
I played through Leon's campaign, and I loved it.
Basically, if you enjoyed RE5 you'll like RE6.

Also, a big note to recognize is that RE6 like RE5 is NOT meant to be played SOLO. You should have a buddy in the same room shooting out zombies in CO-OP mode. Online partners with a mic is okay, but then you can't look at their screen 'n stuff like that. And the full game has split-screen CO-OP.

[quote name='vincentgrey']You can actually still use the $12 off preorder code on RE6. I just did it a few minutes ago. Maybe itll work for NBA 2k13 too.

The code is EMCJNNH224[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this! Grabbed RE6 for 47.99 shipped. For some reason, all the bad press on this game made me want to pick it up even more. I bought RE5 release week too. I did think the demo for 6 was kind of weird, but oddly alluring.

[quote name='Blaster man']I just listened to the Giantbombcast from this week. Brad Shoemaker said the game (RE6) is terrible, don't buy it.

If you don't listen to podcasts, here's the site's review: http://www.giantbomb.com/resident-evil-6/61-37273/reviews/[/QUOTE]

I listened to that too. He's been complaining about it since their "I Love Mondays" segment. Part of the insanity the game has seemed to cause him is partially what made me purchase it! Hahaha

[quote name='morphineseason']I listened to that too. He's been complaining about it since their "I Love Mondays" segment. Part of the insanity the game has seemed to cause him is partially what made me purchase it! Hahaha[/QUOTE]

When he mentioned that you will fight the same boss on multiple campaigns...that's a huge turnoff. Also the situation where he mentioned that he missed the elevator and had to take the stairs then when he did that part with the other campaign, he still had to take the stairs! The game doesn't even keep track that you were supposed to take the elevator because you missed it last time! If you're not going to have any kind of interactivity between campaigns then why bother?

With such bad reviews, I imagine this game will be in the bargain bin pretty quick.

[quote name='Blaster man']When he mentioned that you will fight the same boss on multiple campaigns...that's a huge turnoff. [/QUOTE]
RE1 and RE2... And you don't like storyline tie-ins?

[quote name='Blaster man']Also the situation where he mentioned that he missed the elevator and had to take the stairs then when he did that part with the other campaign, he still had to take the stairs! The game doesn't even keep track that you were supposed to take the elevator because you missed it last time! If you're not going to have any kind of interactivity between campaigns then why bother?
[/QUOTE]

If you take the stairs for both campaigns, then that means you failed the requirements in both campaigns and you don't deserve the elevator.

[quote name='tempbast']RE1 and RE2... And you don't like storyline tie-ins?

If you take the stairs for both campaigns, then that means you failed the requirements in both campaigns and you don't deserve the elevator.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are showing hostility towards me because you think I don't like the game. I'm sorry but I haven't played the game, I was discussing Giantbomb's reviewer's comments. I won't be buying this game after hearing how terrible it is and if I were to buy it, it will be $20 in a month.

To answer your question. The problem isn't any tie in (btw I never had a PS1 or played the original). The problem, as described, is that you have to do it multiple times and there is no variation in the way it works.

As for your comment that you don't "deserve" to take the elevator, wow...that's all I can say. I'm sorry that you don't think the game should be consistent across campaigns. Why even have the characters in the same place?

bread's done
Back