Resident Evil 5 GOLD Edition : $16.97 (XBox 360), $15.97 (PS3) @ Newegg

[quote name='Green Card200']I beat the regular one so I haven't played online or with any of the DLC, gold worth it for me if I liked RE5?[/QUOTE]

The single player DLC is pretty short, I think it took maybe 2-2.5 hours to complete for both Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape. It's not terrible but doesn't add anything to the story, as far as gameplay Lost in Nightmares has less enemies and more of a survival feel and Desperate Escape is a shooting gallery.

I got a copy, I keep seeing this and it never seems to go lower. Of course now that I finally bought it $9.99 will happen.

[quote name='waldo21212']The single player DLC is pretty short, I think it took maybe 2-2.5 hours to complete for both Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape. It's not terrible but doesn't add anything to the story, as far as gameplay Lost in Nightmares has less enemies and more of a survival feel and Desperate Escape is a shooting gallery.[/QUOTE]

To anyone wondering, Lost in Nightmares was considered by many to be what RE5 should have been gameplay wise and atmospherically. I myself would agree with that statement too. Playing that DLC on Pro difficulty brings back brutal memories :'(

[quote name='jcp42877']To anyone wondering, Lost in Nightmares was considered by many to be what RE5 should have been gameplay wise and atmospherically. I myself would agree with that statement too. Playing that DLC on Pro difficulty brings back brutal memories :'([/QUOTE]
It was awesome, it's what I hoped RE6 would become but I knew once Capcom wrote the "We want COD fans to enjoy our games" crap, I knew we wouldn't be getting a true horror game.

I own the DLCs for RE5, except for the Versus mode or whatever it was called. Believe it or not, I'm kinda contemplating whether or not to buy this...

[quote name='Lucian']If it's not universally known, 360 version gets this content via DLC code whereas PS3 has the content on disc.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, I was wondering how the DLC was handled, I like the ps3 being on the disc.

Thanks OP. Just snagged one. Had the chance to pick a copy up locally about a year or so ago at $12, but passed and never been able to find another.

PlayStation Plus Members: We MAY get this title free with our subscription this month. The EU Blog announced they are getting RE5 Gold this month, so we may get it in the US too. It makes sense because it helps Capcom promote RE6...

bread's done
Back