FlipSide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Digimon Season 1 DVD $34.86 + 1.97 S&h + tax at Walmart.com

EDIT: Now its released they are offering free SITE to Store shipping

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21678194

Its $79.95 at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008L5FFMO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
(As my duty I did submit a lower price report, hopefully amazon PMs)

Mine came to about $40 with tax, I was a great fan of the first season of Digimon and I still highly regard it as the best. I was glad it was getting re released on DVD but was turned off by the $80 price tag on amazon,.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few of my friends have also submitted this to Amazon, but no luck. Hopefully a few more people submitting this will get them to finally match Walmart.

[quote name='Vigilante']:oops: Sorry about that. I updated the OP and bumped the thread; if a mod wants, the two threads could be combined.[/QUOTE]

All good. You're usually on top of these things, so you're allowed one blunder once in awhile. ;P

[quote name='Squarehard']All good. You're usually on top of these things, so you're allowed one blunder once in awhile. ;P[/QUOTE]Thanks for the kind words; it's nice to know my efforts are appreciated. :D

The last time I bought something from them the packaging was fine, no different really than any other place that ships things like Amazon, Gamestop, whoever. As for speed, I did the cheapest one and they certainly made sure I got what I paid for as I waited at least 2 weeks before it arrived.

I preordered this at Walmart as soon as it went up. A lot of people thought it'd be cancelled for that price, but just got an email that it shipped and charged the price they advertised.

Hopefully it stays this price when it releases so I can just do in store pickup and avoid the shipping cost. The Walmart near me is close enough that it'd be cheaper to just pick it up there even with gas and what not. Also, they don't return shipping cost if there's an issue with the product, which really sucks even if it arrives damaged.

Its 54 episodes, wonder how many disks it will be, hopefully it will be lower once Black Friday comes around.

[quote name='trojann']its 54 episodes, wonder how many disks it will be, hopefully it will be lower once black friday comes around.[/quote]

[quote name='hotstud19us']Mine is shipped from Walmart. It's supposed to arrive on the 10th[/QUOTE]

mine still says processing:cry:, but it says it will get here on thursday.

[quote name='Magiblaze']Bwahah Mine just ended up coming today via Fedex.Haven't opened it up yet but the case looks nice.[/QUOTE]

pics please when you do!

Alright but only if you're ok with crappy pics.Can't seem to get my new cell phone to take pics with auto adjusting like it had earlier before upgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich :(.

img20121009202447.jpg

img20121009202555.jpg
img20121009202953.jpg

img20121009203820.jpg

Comes with a nice slipcover and the case is about as fat as two dvd cases put together so nice that it saves room that way.The only real complaint I have about this is as you can see in the last pic it uses a sort of "binder" to hold all the disc trays together and in the past I've seen a lot of these that break easy from shipping like the 90s Superman cartoon collection with the entire episodes of the show.The booklet is rather nice, shows the trainer first and then their digimon and a page each for all of their digievolutions and list their skills and characteristics.At the end of the booklet has lyrics for 3 songs,none of which seem to be the intro for the show that I remember as a kid.

[quote name='Magiblaze']

Comes with a nice slipcover and the case is about as fat as two dvd cases put together so nice that it saves room that way.The only real complaint I have about this is as you can see in the last pic it uses a sort of "binder" to hold all the disc trays together and in the past I've seen a lot of these that break easy from shipping like the 90s Superman cartoon collection with the entire episodes of the show.The booklet is rather nice, shows the trainer first and then their digimon and a page each for all of their digievolutions and list their skills and characteristics.At the end of the booklet has lyrics for 3 songs,none of which seem to be the intro for the show that I remember as a kid.[/QUOTE]
Any Bonus Features we don't know?

[quote name='Magiblaze']Alright but only if you're ok with crappy pics.Can't seem to get my new cell phone to take pics with auto adjusting like it had earlier before upgrading to Ice Cream Sandwich :(.

img20121009202447.jpg

img20121009202555.jpg
img20121009202953.jpg

img20121009203820.jpg
Comes with a nice slipcover and the case is about as fat as two dvd cases put together so nice that it saves room that way.The only real complaint I have about this is as you can see in the last pic it uses a sort of "binder" to hold all the disc trays together and in the past I've seen a lot of these that break easy from shipping like the 90s Superman cartoon collection with the entire episodes of the show.The booklet is rather nice, shows the trainer first and then their digimon and a page each for all of their digievolutions and list their skills and characteristics.At the end of the booklet has lyrics for 3 songs,none of which seem to be the intro for the show that I remember as a kid.[/QUOTE]

Totally fine with crappy pics! Thanks for posting those. my appetite has been sated....for now.

[quote name='Trojann']Any Bonus Features we don't know?[/QUOTE]
From the back where it list the special features it only mentions the 36 page booklet I mentioned earlier about all the characters and their digimon and evolutions and it also list a gallery featuring over 40 behind the scenes sketches on the last disc.So a little weak on the special feature side but the little booklet was a nice addition.

[quote name='Squarehard']oos again.[/QUOTE]

can you blame people with amazon still listing it as the ridiculous price of $79

Received mine yesterday, very excited. Just started the first. While I am VERY happy to have this, as I loved this show, I'm a little disappointed with the collection. The packaging is pretty pathetic, slipcover is nice, but no extras minus a gallery? The booklet is nice, though. And no subtitles at all? That's pretty bad. Some people, such as my fiancee, always watch their shows with subtitles to make sure if they can't understand something they don't miss it, so not having them is really odd.

All in all, having he first season is wonderful and the video quality is spot on, but I just wish they spent better time putting together the set. Lots of missed opportunities.

Something I noticed during the first episode, I'm shocked they left in the Japanese characters when introducing the Digimon.

Well i just checked and UPS finally received mine and shipped it. Walmart said it shipped on the 9th but not until today (the 11th) did UPS actually get it from them. Walmart logistics, go figure.

double-facepalm1.jpg

The digimon dub has always left alot of japanese text alone weather it was due to laziness or not. Im shocked that there are translated lyrics for the Japanese openings and ending in the little booklet.

[quote name='Squarehard']I think the booklet is just too thick and pushing on the disc tray on the inside.[/QUOTE]

your right tried it without the booklet and it closed fine. I'm just glad it came with a slip that helps keep it closed.

bread's done
Back