Gran Turismo 5 XL & Heavy Rain Dir Cut $15.99 Newegg

Thanks BoBo, picked up Gran Turismo, it'll probably end up being $10 somewhere but this deal is good enough for me considering NewEgg don't charge me tax.

Bought HRDC for $20 at AMZ and it's still sealed because I was caught up in Tales F and Borderlands 2.....
CAG fail....

I am tempted on both of these and have been watching for a price drop. I wonder if either of these might become a PS Plus title in the near future...

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I am tempted on both of these and have been watching for a price drop. I wonder if either of these might become a PS Plus title in the near future...[/QUOTE]

If GT does it sitll probably wouldn't include all the dlc that is in this version.

Gran Turismo for me need to burn some time until XCOM comes out!
xcom

MF. I forgot that I had purchased GTXL over a month ago on Amazon (for $20) but was on backorder and completely forgot about it. Just received it yesterday in the mail. Could've saved $4 on a game that I probably will never get around to touching. LOL

great price on both games. i bought the vanilla versions when they first came out and got a great deal of enjoyment out of each

Seems I should be able to get $12-15 for my vanilla GT5. So I think I will take this upgrade for the extra cars and DLC (and hopefully will be able to clear the 2.0 related patches off my hDD, since that's an extra 1GB or 2GB above and beyond the huge install).

[quote name='rnocerino']Does this version of GTXL have a 9-10GB install like the vanilla copy did? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

The standard version install actually wasn't "mandatory". The loading times were just unbelievably bad if you don't install.

I'm thinking MAYBE that at least some of the patches can be on disc, and not have to be installed. But even that is not certain. I feel pretty certain that the main 10GB install would still be necessary to avoid egregious loading times.

There's no way in hell I would install 10 GB on my PS3. Don't have the space. I usually like to keep at least 10 GB free so that the PS3 runs better. Wasn't Heavy Rain: DC $10 last Thanksgiving at Walmart? I can see it being $10 again next month. $16 is still too much for a game that has been out for a while now.

[quote name='rnocerino']Does this version of GTXL have a 9-10GB install like the vanilla copy did? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

According to the back of the case, the install is roughly 2.5gigs. I believe all the patches and 2.0 version stuff is included on the disc for this version of the game.

[quote name='KtMack23']
15nubdf.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I don't understand why sony does this. You want put "Greatest Hits" on the cover? That's fine, you expect me to put a sickening red case in the middle of my ps3 collection? Out of your f'n mind.

I would rather buy the standard edition in a clear case and buy the DLC over having a disgusting bright red case on my shelf.

[quote name='Investor']There's no way in hell I would install 10 GB on my PS3. Don't have the space. I usually like to keep at least 10 GB free so that the PS3 runs better. Wasn't Heavy Rain: DC $10 last Thanksgiving at Walmart? I can see it being $10 again next month. $16 is still too much for a game that has been out for a while now.[/QUOTE]
What size HDD do you have? I put a 500gb drive in 2 years ago and i barely have half of it full. If you have anything under that i suggest buying a 500gb drive and throwing it in, literally takes 2 minutes to install.

[quote name='KtMack23']
15nubdf.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I have 300+ ps3 games on the shelf, 0 red cases. Granted two of those games came in red cases but i swapped them out into clear ones

I have the original 160 GB drive that came with the PS3. I do have a WD 500 GB drive I had purchased to replace the HD, but I didn't want to risk losing all my game saves, DLCs and things. Don't have a PC large enough to hold all the save files. Seems too much trouble really to install the 500 GB drive. I should have installed it before, but I couldn't remember my online login password if I remember correctly. :roll:

[quote name='styl3s']I don't understand why sony does this. You want put "Greatest Hits" on the cover? That's fine, you expect me to put a sickening red case in the middle of my ps3 collection? Out of your f'n mind.

I would rather buy the standard edition in a clear case and buy the DLC over having a disgusting bright red case on my shelf.

What size HDD do you have? I put a 500gb drive in 2 years ago and i barely have half of it full. If you have anything under that i suggest buying a 500gb drive and throwing it in, literally takes 2 minutes to install.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']I have 300+ ps3 games on the shelf, 0 red cases. Granted two of those games came in red cases but i swapped them out into clear ones[/QUOTE]

Are there 300 games worth owning on the PS3?

200?

100?

[quote name='nwaugh']Are there 300 games worth owning on the PS3?

200?

100?[/QUOTE]

There's at least 300 movies to be seen on the ps3

$16 is what I got for trading in GT5 at Best Buy. Getting it from Newegg for $16 is a no brainer with $20 worth of dlc included along with all the patches upto 2.0.

Sweet, GT5 XL back in stock today. :D It showed OOS when I looked Thu and I didn't look yesterday so it could have been back in stock earlier; but either way I'm glad it is. It may drop lower than this but $16 for the original game and most of the dlc seems pretty good to me.

The only GT I've played before is GT3 - one of my friends in college had it and loved it cuz he was really into professional racing and technical car stuff. I liked the game just from a racing perspective but all the technical stuff was too much for me; I didn't know crap about all that back then. But I've still been interested in this one between how good it looks and the positive reviews I've read and heard so thanks for the heads up OP. :)

[quote name='Serafin_']Just FYI, Gran Turismo 5 XL is back in stock! Ordered both GT5 and Heavy Rain.[/QUOTE]

Lol, whoops didn't see this before I posted. :oops:

Heavy Rain is a fun game too if you're not a complete action junkie. Great story and fun exploring different paths. A word of advice though, do not get the dlc for the game if it doesn't come with the version that's being sold now. I think I payed $5 for it and it's not worth $1. It lasts all of 5-10 minutes and is really boring so that's definitely one I regret. But the regular game is great. :bouncy:

[quote name='shadowkast']I have 300+ ps3 games on the shelf, 0 red cases. Granted two of those games came in red cases but i swapped them out into clear ones[/QUOTE]

Damn dude, that's insane, lol. Do you have a Backloggery account; I'd love to see what all you have there? :D I have 182 PS3 games currently, which is by far the most I've ever owned for a console/handheld. Although some of that includes dlc chapters for games, HD collections and however many games are on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, so it depends on how you count those I guess. But anyway, I thought I had a huge PS3 collection...until now. :razz:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JanusDS']Sweet, GT5 XL back in stock today. :D It showed OOS when I looked Thu and I didn't look yesterday so it could have been back in stock earlier; but either way I'm glad it is. It may drop lower than this but $16 for the original game and most of the dlc seems pretty good to me.

The only GT I've played before is GT3 - one of my friends in college had it and loved it cuz he was really into professional racing and technical car stuff. I liked the game just from a racing perspective but all the technical stuff was too much for me; I didn't know crap about all that back then. But I've still been interested in this one between how good it looks and the positive reviews I've read and heard so thanks for the heads up OP. :)

Lol, whoops didn't see this before I posted. :oops:

Heavy Rain is a fun game too if you're not a complete action junkie. Great story and fun exploring different paths. A word of advice though, do not get the dlc for the game if it doesn't come with the version that's being sold now. I think I payed $5 for it and it's not worth $1. It lasts all of 5-10 minutes and is really boring so that's definitely one I regret. But the regular game is great. :bouncy:

Damn dude, that's insane, lol. Do you have a Backloggery account; I'd love to see what all you have there? :D I have 182 PS3 games currently, which is by far the most I've ever owned for a console/handheld. Although some of that includes dlc chapters for games, HD collections and however many games are on the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, so it depends on how you count those I guess. But anyway, I thought I had a huge PS3 collection...until now. :razz:[/QUOTE]

I should make a backloggery account, I've heard of it. There's a thread somewhere on here called like "show us your game collection", mine is average to small in comparison to some of theirs. I don't count games per disc though, that seems silly to me. Add another 200+ psn games to that grand total though to give you a better idea of a ridiculous back log

[quote name='KtMack23']
15nubdf.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Is this definitely the GH version? How do you guys know that? I can't seem to find out if it is or isn't on NewEgg...

Snagged GT5 XL for 2.17.

(Used my 15 dollar "gift card" I got for getting a i5 Ivy less then 2 weeks ago.)

My copy of Gran Turismo arrived today. There's no shrink wrap plus the case was cracked. Anyone else get something similar? I haven't had time to test the DLC code yet.

[quote name='BigBizzee']I received a perfect sealed copy of GT5XL...[/QUOTE]

Same here, kinda bummed it didn't arrive together with HR since I ordered them together at the same.

Not sure what was up with mine then, it all happened before being packed because the chunk of plastic from the case was missing in the envelope. There was no packing slip either. Luckily the dlc code worked so I'm not going to bother complaining.

[quote name='Serafin_']Same here, kinda bummed it didn't arrive together with HR since I ordered them together at the same.[/QUOTE]

My copy of GT5 XL was perfectly sealed as well.

bread's done
Back