The Debate of Titans

4thHorseman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Forget this presidential debate that just happened. We have one inching closer that will destroy the universe as we know it this Saturday from sheer awesomeness.

ht_jon_stewart_bill_oreilly_rumble_nt_120918_vblog.jpg

Anyone plan on catching the stream Saturday? I always love Stewart and O'Reilly's interactions with each other and I'm curious how a real debate will go between the two.

Have they mentioned a moderator for it? Colbert possibly?

I'd like it a lot better if it wasn't just a giant joke. It will be entertaining I'm sure, but I'd rather see them seriously debate each other. If O'Reilly got pissed and went all Inside Edition, that'd be great.

See, Stewart is at least entertaining. I don't know why in the hell anyone watches O'Reilly.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Forget this presidential debate that just happened. We have one inching closer that will destroy the universe as we know it this Saturday from sheer awesomeness.

Anyone plan on catching the stream Saturday? I always love Stewart and O'Reilly's interactions with each other and I'm curious how a real debate will go between the two.

Have they mentioned a moderator for it? Colbert possibly?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to watch it, but I kind of doubt I'll get the chance.
The moderator is going to be former Fox News Live anchor (and also former O'Reilly radio co-host) E.D. Hill
16_61_hill.jpg
This is her picture and I provided her wikipedia link within her name.

No offense dude, but in the smug category, fence sitters such as yourself usually take the cake. You'll sit there and tell everyone else they're wrong, and have no answers of your own, but hey, you're cool and all because you don't pick sides.

[quote name='Clak']No offense dude, but in the smug category, fence sitters such as yourself usually take the cake. You'll sit there and tell everyone else they're wrong, and have no answers of your own, but hey, you're cool and all because you don't pick sides.[/QUOTE]
Who are you referring to?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Isn't this going to be on PPV? Come on now...[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's ppv. You can preorder via PayPal or Credit Card (I don't have either, so I likely won't get the chance) for $4.95 on the website it will air on... http://www.therumble2012.com/index.html

On one hand, it seems like this could be fun to watch. On the other hand, I'm disappointed that Stewart & Co. continue to give this asshole any more undeserved attention. Sure, it's for charity, but only one half of the net profits are going to charity. Why is that and where are the rest going?

You should check out the restrictions too. Say you wanted to show this to a group, they actually expect you to contact them about licensing.

Stewart is OK at this, not great. I hope he won't be 'polite' like he usually is when talking to a guest on his show.

If it's really PPV, I think I'll pass. When O'Reilly is on the screen, all I can do is shake my head. I would have probably given it a shot if it was Hannity and Colbert. Now that could be funny.

But I expect O'Reilly to talk really loudly, and smile a LOT as if he was just declared champion of eternity after each chance to speak. He'll probably smirk a lot when he isn't talking, too. I'll admit, though; that old clip of him getting mad at the prompter makes me laugh.

Yeah, the only reason I'd watch would be to see if O'Reilly got pissed off, because he doesn't strike me as someone who can control their temper very well.

[quote name='nasum']is this on you tube yet?[/QUOTE]

It was up over the weekend. My g/f watched it. But the link got taken down pretty quickly.

I love how O'Reilly just said fuck it and hijacked everything. I swear that man is just an out and out asshole. Even in something like this he has to be a dick. I don't even care if you agree with the guy politically, he's still an asshole.

[quote name='Clak']I love how O'Reilly just said fuck it and hijacked everything. I swear that man is just an out and out asshole. Even in something like this he has to be a dick. I don't even care if you agree with the guy politically, he's still an asshole.[/QUOTE]
This is something I've noticed about right wingers, conservatives, repugs in these types of debates: they can't help but be huge assholes whenever the slightest opportunity presents itself and if it doesn't, they'll make one.

Between all the short jokes and then to hit Stewart on rehab...I mean wtf was that?

Bullshit Mountain indeed.

Every time I hear that mentioned I start humming Big Rock Candy Mountain, it's horrible....

Maybe it should be Bullshit Comment Mountain?

bread's done
Back