The War Z PC MMO pre-order + alpha or beta access $19.49 or more until 10/20

usagi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just checked my gmail and found a decent deal for The War Z. The War Z is different game than the DayZ mod most people know about. From what I read in the FAQ in official forum you controls are something in between Battlefield 3 and War Inc. It definitely looks to be a good Zombie survival game for the more casual gamers vs Arma style controls.

The packages for the game come in three prices with retail being about $30 / $50 / $70. The current prices are about $20 / $30 / $50.
I am personally going to go with the $19.49 because it's cheap and I don't care about the bonuses.

Check the link below for details on each package. Alpha starts 10/15 and Beta starts 10/31.

https://account.thewarz.com/preorder/preorder.html

Thanks for the heads up, been looking forward to this game.

Edit:
meh... then I saw in game currency... months of servers... ummm yeah, I'll pass for now. Not trying to pay into this model until I know what it's really like.

Double Edit:
Upon reading the FAQ, it seems you don't ever need to buy anything in game or rent a server if you don't want to so I think I will buy in at $19.49.

Well I caved in yesterday and bought the game. I'm just hoping the game will be as good as I think it will be when the retail version is out. FYI, you can pay with gift cards from other stores. I think I saw Shell, Burger King, CVS, Subway, and few others that can be used as payment. Just remember tomorrow is the last day to buy at this discount price for now at least.

wow the devs are so desperate they will get take payment in burgers? back is the day of the barter system!

Gunplay looks a little hinky, like an old UT 2K4 mod. I'm going to need to see some more footage of this.

Update: Found a video that shows a lot more actual gameplay. Looks like it's running on CryEngine, which is a plus for me because the ARMA2 engine brings my rig to a crawl when I try to play DayZ, so I think I might take this for a swing.

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh* I'm waiting till I can play it. I'm a finicky bugger for gunplay and I'm not betting money that they got it right. I'm betting on the other side of the fence.

[quote name='FatherChesz']Gunplay looks a little hinky, like an old UT 2K4 mod. I'm going to need to see some more footage of this.[/QUOTE]

Bloody ninja

[quote name='usagi']Well I caved in yesterday and bought the game. I'm just hoping the game will be as good as I think it will be when the retail version is out. FYI, you can pay with gift cards from other stores. I think I saw Shell, Burger King, CVS, Subway, and few others that can be used as payment. Just remember tomorrow is the last day to buy at this discount price for now at least.[/QUOTE]

Wow, these developers are going to be sick of eating Subway and BK by the end of the year. Getting a bunch of Shell cards in the mail would be sweet though.

lol.. pretty funny. Someone posted beta thoughts in the PC section I think. They weren't impressed, but I'm probably still going to get this eventually.

I bought the legend pack & have been playing since the 15th, joined a clan right when I started & am glad I did, you NEED allies in this because everyone has a kill on sight mentality right now. I would also say a mic for communication is a must. I am having good fun with it atm.

I'm downloading the Alpha right now. This has absolutely been the most painless purchase/install I've ever done of one of these MMO type games.

I can't even get Tribes to start in Steam because of account issues and trying to log in, but this was an absolute breeze. If anyone was on the fence because of shitty MMO logins, it doesn't appear to be a concern thus far.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']lol.. pretty funny. Someone posted beta thoughts in the PC section I think. They weren't impressed, but I'm probably still going to get this eventually.[/QUOTE]

Im just gonna wait for the Day Z standalone...I think these guys are just trying to cash in quick before that hits.

Nearly all of the impressions on neogaf were negative.

Was excited, but not trusting this one. I am sure another developer will come out with one thats better.

There's a big controversy sorrounding WarZ atm, just so you know. Among other things, they lied about the game being in development for 2 years and recently it was found out that:

1. It is a mod of war inc. using the same assets
2. Development really only started in may 2012

So purchase at your own risk, I'm staying away for a while (was gonna purchase this week but decided to do a bit of internet research 1st)

I've been REALLY tempted to jump on this since I live and breathe zombies, but I'll wait til things calm down. I bought into The Dead Linger kickstarter which launches alpha 10/31, so that's what I'm really looking forward to, right now. In TDL you can play solo, so that's what I'd prefer, instead of crappy War Inc mod deathmatch with some zombies thrown in.

[quote name='Khamous']There's a big controversy sorrounding WarZ atm, just so you know. Among other things, they lied about the game being in development for 2 years and recently it was found out that:

So purchase at your own risk, I'm staying away for a while (was gonna purchase this week but decided to do a bit of internet research 1st)[/QUOTE]

Glad you put this info out there. I remember an interview where they claimed to have been developing it for years. Now it sounds like a clear DAYZ inspired cash in with little development. Will wait for it to go much cheaper.

[quote name='Khamous']There's a big controversy sorrounding WarZ atm, just so you know. Among other things, they lied about the game being in development for 2 years and recently it was found out that:

So purchase at your own risk, I'm staying away for a while (was gonna purchase this week but decided to do a bit of internet research 1st)[/QUOTE]

Can you link the source?

bread's done
Back